Innokin Zenith MTL tank--Phil Busardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Anyone rebuild a zcoil yet? I'm going to take one apart and see if it's possible.

I rebuild those...i use cotton pads for wick cause normal cotton wasn't possible to wrap around the coil properly and I use 2.5mm coil inner diameter....works good but I use 70vg juice...if it was thinner juice maybe need to pack the cotton very tight to avoid flooding....the gold coils that are 1ohm are easier to rebuild cause of more space inside and also cause of the structure but the airflow is very loose it's not for mtl....after rebuilding a few then u get used to it....u can also change a small axle that has the hole for airflow from one silver coil and put it into the 1ohm gold coil and that way reduce it's airflow but keep the benefit of easier rebuild....

Last edited:

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I rebuild those...i use cotton pads for wick cause normal cotton wasn't possible to wrap around the coil properly and I use 2.5mm coil inner diameter....works good but I use 70vg juice...if it was thinner juice maybe need to pack the cotton very tight to avoid flooding....the gold coils that are 1ohm are easier to rebuild cause of more space inside and also cause of the structure but the airflow is very loose it's not for mtl....after rebuilding a few then u get used to it....u can also change a small axle that has the hole for airflow from one silver coil and put it into the 1ohm gold coil and that way reduce it's airflow but keep the benefit of easier rebuild....
How do you take them apart? I bought the cotton strips to use in coils like these.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
How do you take them apart? I bought the cotton strips to use in coils like these.

I use some pliers that I had but I used a lot of insulation tape Soo I won't scratch them....... I twist them to unstuck them and take them apart....
Here is a pic of the coil taken apart...
The top one is the normal silver coil and the other is the gold coil 1ohm coil just to get an idea the pieces to open it I guess
IMG_20201114_223026.jpg

Last edited:

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I use some pliers that I had but I used a lot of insulation tape Soo I won't scratch them I twist them to unstuck them and take them apart....
The top one is the normal silver coil and the other is the gold coil 1ohm coil just to get an idea the pieces to open it I guess
View attachment 916965
That was too easy? Thanks
IMG_20201114_154318386~2.jpg

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
That was too easy? Thanks View attachment 916975

Yeah it's not so hard...u bended a bit the lower part of the coil base but it's ok u can try fix it....or try another coil...
The pliers u use to hold the base of the coil try not to push them hard just to hold resistance soo u can twist....and twist it many times to make it loose before u take it apart....i twist them a lot to make them easily get apart...
Maybe the first coil won't be a win but after a while u get used to it and it's not big deal...

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2020
AZ
How did you get this part out? Screwdriver?

F4C87927-B4E2-4550-863B-6E4C1B491A9A.jpeg

I use some pliers that I had but I used a lot of insulation tape Soo I won't scratch them....... I twist them to unstuck them and take them apart....
View attachment 916965

Reactions: Superuser187

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
How did you get this part out? Screwdriver?

View attachment 917041

With twisting method is the best way using pliers twisting and pulling a bit...but u can do it with a veeeery thin screw driver also and just hitting it to try to open the gap first and then twist the screw driver to take it apart slowly on each side but that's more messy and u may damage the coil or yourself tho...be carefull pls

Last edited:

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
With twisting method is the best way using pliers twisting and pulling a bit...but u can do it with a veeeery thin screw driver also and just hitting it to try to open the gap first and then twist the screw driver to take it apart slowly on each side but that's more messy and u may damage the coil or yourself tho...be carefull pls

Thats the part i could not get out some months back out of a 1.6 ohm Zenith coilhead but did get all old cotton out and made a horizontal coil like a clr coilhead .
After a few fails with floods etc plugging 2 of the 4 holes ceased all problems .

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Thats the part i could not get out some months back out of a 1.6 ohm Zenith coilhead but did get all old cotton out and made a horizontal coil like a clr coilhead .
After a few fails with floods etc plugging 2 of the 4 holes ceased all problems .
You made a horizontal coil out of one of these zcoils???

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2020
AZ
I think I'll save my old coils and send them to you? Kidding. :) I have not been successful at taking them apart. Too easy to damage, I'm ham fisted.

Reactions: Superuser187

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
I think I'll save my old coils and send them to you? Kidding. :) I have not been successful at taking them apart. Too easy to damage, I'm ham fisted.

If u want u can try again...just need pliers and just try do it when u have some free time...sooo can go reaaaaaaaally slow with it....u can take it apart... The hard part in my opinion is to build the coil and put it without have a short....U CAN DO IT!!!!
if u really want ofc cause ok u may not care so much....
z coils last a lot anyways ...
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread