Innokin Zenith MTL tank--Phil Busardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

alistairs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Castro Valley, CA, USA
Kanthal coil tho not ss unfortunately - but it does look like a huge improvement.

Thanks for the heads up on Plexus Z Coil. From the comments on facebook, someone asked about Stainless Steel and the innokin rep's reply was:

"we like to hear your honest opinion and also the good news is the SS is in the testing stage. We can't promise you anything yet but definitely a big chance of it happening."

#plexuszcoil | Facebook

Wish they'd hurry up already, the Zenith is now the only atty in my regular rotation that can't do temp control. I really like the tank, but its pretty small for an all day vape and I've burnt more than one coil by running out of juice when I'm busy and not paying attention!

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I'm a Zenith vet now. Forgot to close the top and drenched my keyboard. My brand new keyboard. :)

Well r77...since refilling is a 3-step process...1.Find Zenith/Mod...2.open top...3.close top...you DID complete 67% of the process correctly!!! :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

alistairs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Castro Valley, CA, USA

Newmikey

Feb 26, 2018

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I have both and I prefer the Zenith a great deal. They're sort of similar in some ways, but the Zenith vape is really smooth and the tank construction is pretty fantastic. I also hear (maybe) some SS coil heads will be coming available. I hope so. :)

Anna
Its a very smooth vape!
The 1.8 coils are almost too smooth for me.

Side note, I seem to be getting over 3weeks on these coils. Im well into my 3rd week on a 1.8 coil and it still tastes pretty good and not one dry hit. The previous coil was a 0.8ohm and it was still going strong @ 3 weeks but before it gave up I pulled it out to try the 1.8ohm coil.
Ive never gotten more than 10-14 days on my T22 or Naut2 coils
I prefer the 0.8ohm coil in the zenith.
I hope there is a ss coil on the way, even if it is just for something new to try.

Angus337

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
I haven’t tried an MTL tank for a couple of years, recently been rotating between the horizontech falcon and Smok prince tanks. However yesterday I bought a Joyetech AIO ECO starter kit for my wife, but ended up using it myself today.

Really supprised how good thie little AIO kit is for the size, but more importantly realised how much I’ve missed MTL vaping.

After bit of research and reading through this thread I’ve just ordered the zenith tank (2ml TPD version) and Can’t wait to try it out.

Last edited:

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
As far as I can tell, none of these Zenith Plexus Z coils are available yet to buy, other than when you buy a new Zenith tank. Am I wrong on this? I'd certainly like to try one out, and I'm still very interested in a SS coiled replacement head as well - regardless of whether or not it is a standard coil or the newer Z "coil".

Since there are all these new Zenith coil head options out now (or almost, anyway), I'd kind of like it if I could buy a sample pack that has one of each type, in all the resistance ratings they are available in. That way I could see which one I prefer without having to waste money buying several 5-packs of the things just to find out.

Or, are the older regular type coil heads going to end up being discontinued and no longer available? If the newer coil heads are genuinely better, I guess that would be okay. But if not, discontinuing the old style coil heads could end up being a disastrous move.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
<...snip....>

Side note, I seem to be getting over 3weeks on these coils. Im well into my 3rd week on a 1.8 coil and it still tastes pretty good and not one dry hit. <....snip....>
9 days later, Im still on the same coil!
to be fair though, I have dropped my intake of juice. I upped the nicotine content, dramatically, dropped the wattage and use about a 1/4 of the juice. Im not chain vaping so, the coil isnt working as hard.
Still, near 5weeks on one coil is a new thing to me. Im happy about it.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
9 days later, Im still on the same coil!
to be fair though, I have dropped my intake of juice. I upped the nicotine content, dramatically, dropped the wattage and use about a 1/4 of the juice. Im not chain vaping so, the coil isnt working as hard.
Still, near 5weeks on one coil is a new thing to me. Im happy about it.

That's great to hear. What have you upped your nicotine level to? How many watts were you using before, and how many are you using now?

I've sometimes wondered if I should up my nicotine and drop the wattage some, but my level of chain vaping hasn't really changed over the years, regardless of what nicotine level I'm at. Plus, I am hoping to eventually cutout using nicotine entirely. I'm currently using 3mg nicotine juice, and I've been thinking about dropping that down to a 1.5mg blend of 3mg and 0mg juice.

I get just short of a week's use out of my 0.8 ohm Zenith coils before switching them out, but I chain vape tobacco flavors frequently at around 13.7 to 15.2 watts, using 3-4 air intake holes. I think it would be really great if these newer Zenith coils end up working better and lasting longer, but I am also a little bit doubtful. Newer does not always mean better, especially in the vaping world. The fact that Innokin seems to be taking their time developing the Zenith's SS coil heads does give me hope though.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I am hoping to eventually cutout using nicotine entirely. I'm currently using 3mg nicotine juice, and I've been thinking about dropping that down to a 1.5mg blend of 3mg and 0mg juice.

For me...being up there in years and with a family history of Alzheimer's...since nicotine is the only substance proven (so far) to delay/prevent the onset of Alzheimer's/senile dementia...I have no desire to lower my e-juice's nicotine level...:thumbs:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
My family has a MAJOR history of Alzheimer's too. The ones that get it were the non-smokers (although, to be fair, the non-smokers die faster so I'm not sure it's a fair comparison.) I really don't want to lower my nic, I'd rather die of Alzheimer's than a heart attack, to be frank. So much less "Ick" for everyone that way.

Anna

• Creative
Reactions: gerrymi

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
As far as I can tell, none of these Zenith Plexus Z coils are available yet to buy, other than when you buy a new Zenith tank. Am I wrong on this? I'd certainly like to try one out, and I'm still very interested in a SS coiled replacement head as well - regardless of whether or not it is a standard coil or the newer Z "coil".

Since there are all these new Zenith coil head options out now (or almost, anyway), I'd kind of like it if I could buy a sample pack that has one of each type, in all the resistance ratings they are available in. That way I could see which one I prefer without having to waste money buying several 5-packs of the things just to find out.

Or, are the older regular type coil heads going to end up being discontinued and no longer available? If the newer coil heads are genuinely better, I guess that would be okay. But if not, discontinuing the old style coil heads could end up being a disastrous move.

Check the Mount Baker Vapor website if you haven't already. I just ordered some of the standard Zenith coils last night and when I did I saw some other Zenith coils on the website.

I'm at work now and the computer here has a security block on the MBV website so I can't double check. (Don't own a smart phone)

Not sure if it was the Plexus coils but I saw something there.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Check the Mount Baker Vapor website if you haven't already. I just ordered some of the standard Zenith coils last night and when I did I saw some other Zenith coils on the website.

I'm at work now and the computer here has a security block on the MBV website so I can't double check. (Don't own a smart phone)

Not sure if it was the Plexus coils but I saw something there.

Nope. I just checked their website again this morning. All they had listed were the two regular resistance Zenith coils. No sign of the new coils being out yet.

Last edited:

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
That's great to hear. What have you upped your nicotine level to? How many watts were you using before, and how many are you using now?

I've sometimes wondered if I should up my nicotine and drop the wattage some, but my level of chain vaping hasn't really changed over the years, regardless of what nicotine level I'm at. Plus, I am hoping to eventually cutout using nicotine entirely. I'm currently using 3mg nicotine juice, and I've been thinking about dropping that down to a 1.5mg blend of 3mg and 0mg juice.

I get just short of a week's use out of my 0.8 ohm Zenith coils before switching them out, but I chain vape tobacco flavors frequently at around 13.7 to 15.2 watts, using 3-4 air intake holes. I think it would be really great if these newer Zenith coils end up working better and lasting longer, but I am also a little bit doubtful. Newer does not always mean better, especially in the vaping world. The fact that Innokin seems to be taking their time developing the Zenith's SS coil heads does give me hope though.
Hi @billybc96 ,sorry for the long pause before replying.
I went from 6mg to 12mg then to 18mg.
6mg to 12mg didnt see any drop off in the amount of juice I vaped and nothing too noticeable mentally or physically occurred or changed.
Depending on what coils and tank I was using I was vaping at 13-32w, now Im trying to not go over 9watts so Im using appropriate coils for each tank, 1.5 to1.8ohm.

Going from 12mg to 18mg I have really felt a difference mentally and physically. I dont like it. It took a few days for the negative affects to kick in or for me to become really aware of them. Some anxiety, headaches etc.
I find it interesting that using 9 or 12mg juice I can vape 4ml in one day 9mg x 4ml =36mg but ramp it up to 18 mg and I can barely use 1ml in a day.
i am going to drop down to 12mg again, maybe 15mg, maybe 9mg, I dont know yet.

I just filled a teaspoon with 4ml of water as a reality check, its not much, kind made me laugh to think I was really worried about it.
Im good to keep tootling away on 3-4ml a day at 9-11watts but the experiment was worth the headaches and slight anxiety to figure out where I was at.

I have another zenith on the way, Im really happy with this tank now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread