Status
Not open for further replies.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I might end up trying the new coil with the next release. Not only the 22mm version in "silver" or black, they are releasing a smaller mod with name Platform on in and several colored versions with the tank matching the tank.

They are in production -- and we may see in the next few weeks. To me the new model looks quite a bit like the cool fire -- small version?

I gave up trying to find Plexus coils available, but I do like the look of the new kit.....we'll see.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I purchased from Creme de Vape and have purchased from them several times in the past. It was not my intention initially to buy the Plexus coils or the blue Zenith. I asked CDV to hold up shipping as I was going out of town. I then noticed he had the Plexus coils so placed an order for the coils. After I did that I saw the blue Zenith so placed another order - three orders total with no additional shipping cost. Shipping is expensive (USD 15 first class insured with signature required) however my initial order were for items I needed that are not available in the US. I would have been paying this regardless if I had any subsequent orders.

The prices shown are in £ and include 20% VAT. Once I log into my account the prices are reduced accordingly. I paid USD 11.36 for each box of five coils. I seem to recall MVS has them for $12.50 when purchasing the kit.

I only use the 0.8 ohm coils and do not get any muting of flavor. I do however make my own ejuice. When I was buying premixed ejuices I discovered that surcalose and ethyl maltol mutes the flavor for me. I don’t have that issue anymore with my own DIY.

Hopefully we will see more vendors selling the coils in the US.

I understand. That is not a bad shipping price, especially when there are several different things in your order. I've occasional bought vape gear from Europe as well, though sometimes the exchange rate (at least in the past) was not in my favor, and shipping times can sometimes be a bit long, but it really depends a lot on where/who specifically you are ordering from. I think, these days at least, the USD to Euro exchange rate is a lot more favorable now too.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
I purchased from Creme de Vape and have purchased from them several times in the past. It was not my intention initially to buy the Plexus coils or the blue Zenith. I asked CDV to hold up shipping as I was going out of town. I then noticed he had the Plexus coils so placed an order for the coils. After I did that I saw the blue Zenith so placed another order - three orders total with no additional shipping cost. Shipping is expensive (USD 15 first class insured with signature required) however my initial order were for items I needed that are not available in the US. I would have been paying this regardless if I had any subsequent orders.

The prices shown are in £ and include 20% VAT. Once I log into my account the prices are reduced accordingly. I paid USD 11.36 for each box of five coils. I seem to recall MVS has them for $12.50 when purchasing the kit.

I only use the 0.8 ohm coils and do not get any muting of flavor. I do however make my own ejuice. When I was buying premixed ejuices I discovered that surcalose and ethyl maltol mutes the flavor for me. I don’t have that issue anymore with my own DIY.

Hopefully we will see more vendors selling the coils in the US.

I've been using the 0.8ohm coils since the Zenith came out. I didn't take me long to figure out they broke in much faster than the 1.6ohm coils (and I have no idea why). I bought two packs of the Plexus coils, and I cannot tell the difference between them and the 0.8s. I just pitched them in with the 0.8ohm coils and went on vaping.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
I've been using the 0.8ohm coils since the Zenith came out. I didn't take me long to figure out they broke in much faster than the 1.6ohm coils (and I have no idea why). I bought two packs of the Plexus coils, and I cannot tell the difference between them and the 0.8s. I just pitched them in with the 0.8ohm coils and went on vaping.

As long as the flavor is as good as the 0.8s, they will not go to waste.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I've run a few tanks through this Plexus coil. Eh, it's fine, but ya very similar to the .8. Not quite as warm, and more vapor I think. But I'm not sure I prefer them in anyway; I think I'll stick to the .8. Maybe too early to tell, but I think we bought into the hype a bit much. Flavor doesn't seem any better- in fact, I think the .8 is a tad better. Just some early thoughts.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I've run a few tanks through this Plexus coil. Eh, it's fine, but ya very similar to the .8. Not quite as warm, and more vapor I think. But I'm not sure I prefer them in anyway; I think I'll stick to the .8. Maybe too early to tell, but I think we bought into the hype a bit much. Flavor doesn't seem any better- in fact, I think the .8 is a tad better. Just some early thoughts.

I actually like that the Zenith Plexus Z coils may not run quite as warm, yet produce a bit more vapor. That sounds like that would suit my personal chain vaping needs a little bit better. I don't really want too much heat, or warmth, but still like some thick vapor density.

Have you been using these coils long enough to see if they last any longer than the regular ones? Any differences regarding spit-back or gurgling, or seeming to run a bit dry, or a bit wet? Is the draw tighter or looser, or no real difference? Also, did the break-in period seem longer, shorter or no real difference there either? What power level were you using with the Plexus Z coil? More or less power than you usually use with the 0.8 ohm coil?

Lots of questions, I know, but I'm just curious about these subtle (or not so subtle) differences.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I actually like that the Zenith Plexus Z coils may not run quite as warm, yet produce a bit more vapor. That sounds like that would suit my personal chain vaping needs a little bit better. I don't really want too much heat, or warmth, but still like some thick vapor density.

Have you been using these coils long enough to see if they last any longer than the regular ones? Any differences regarding spit-back or gurgling, or seeming to run a bit dry, or a bit wet? Is the draw tighter or looser, or no real difference? Also, did the break-in period seem longer, shorter or no real difference there either? What power level were you using with the Plexus Z coil? More or less power than you usually use with the 0.8 ohm coil?

Lots of questions, I know, but I'm just curious about these subtle (or not so subtle) differences.

They're about the same regarding spitback- still quite "wet" like the others. I was hoping they would address the juice build up that happens, but I think that's more of a tank thing. So assume about the same, at least so far.

The draw is definitely looser than the others (but still can do MTL). The break in as about the same as the .8, maybe a bit more, but not as much as the 1.6. Not too noticeable...unless it still hasn't broken in yet :) so maybe too early to say.

I'm using 18watts, which is what I used on the .8, so I could compare. So my initial above is sort of doing a side by side at the same wattage.

No prob at all. I would suggest just getting one coil to try, instead of a 5 pack. I believe MVS sells them individually.

*edit- and just to add, you made me think about vapor density, which I don't often think about. It's actually not that dense. It's sort of a light vapor cloud. Maybe I just meant more airflow. I just don't want to paint the picture of it doing nessasarily dense clouds. Just sort of a cooler/lighter cloud, but maybe more vapor....if that make sense.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd agree on the puffy sort of vape, but not dense like some of my others, and I run mine with the airflow wide open, so... I think it's just the design and why it's not as thirsty as some of my other tanks but still pretty satisfying.

Next year when my coil dies, I will try another 1.6 but I don't remember feeling like the differences were huge, so it's hard to say. But I liked the lower resistance coil just fine, too. I vape them about the same though.

Anna

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I actually prefer the 1.6 coil to the 0.8.
I thought for a while it may be the other way around but since ditching a 0.8 after 4weeks and 3days of unfaltering use with side by side comparison with the 1.6 in another Zenith set up I think Im pretty certain that I prefer the 1.6.
I have some plexus coils on back order and I like the idea that they might be a cooler vape than the 0.8 coil. I now understand I do actually prefer a cooler vape.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
WHERE did you find/purchase them?

Are they the drip tips that come on the Joyetech eGo AIO?

Vapecrawler

I got mine in the U.S, from Sweet Vapes. They were just one of the first websites that came up when I was looking for those drip tips, and the price seemed fine.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
My package left the UK on Friday. Tracking shows it has been processed through the LA USPS facility today. Not sure if this means it has gone through customs or not. With any bit of luck I should have it soon although this is where delivery could go awry.

My package with 0.5 ohm Zenith Plexus Z coil heads came in yesterday from Innokin U.S. It only took a few days, but I have not had a chance to start trying them yet, as I've been a bit ill with a lovely stomach flu of some kind. Though no 5-packs of these were listed on Innokin's site, I got one 5-pack, plus a spare, as a part of my 6 coil head order. It is strange they don't bother listing 5-packs on their website, especially with a discount when ordering by 5-pack, since clearly they have them, but whatever.

They will be more available later at better prices from elsewhere if I like them and decide to get more.

Storm52

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Shreveport, LA
Make certain your top cap is fully closed. Put paper towel around the airflow, hold the tank upside down and blow through the drip tip. Mine floods on occasion, but have noted it happens when the full port isn't fully closed.

Last edited:

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
My package with 0.5 ohm Zenith Plexus Z coil heads came in yesterday from Innokin U.S. It only took a few days, but I have not had a chance to start trying them yet, as I've been a bit ill with a lovely stomach flu of some kind. Though no 5-packs of these were listed on Innokin's site, I got one 5-pack, plus a spare, as a part of my 6 coil head order. It is strange they don't bother listing 5-packs on their website, especially with a discount when ordering by 5-pack, since clearly they have them, but whatever.

They will be more available later at better prices from elsewhere if I like them and decide to get more.

My vape mail arrived at my local P.O. this afternoon so should be delivered tomorrow fingers crossed.

I am anxious to try the Z coils. Several of you indicated a cooler vape which I am looking forward to as that is my preference.

I plan to use the same flavor ejuice in two different Zeniths - one with the 0.8 coil and the other with a Plexus Z to compare.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I finally started using one of my recently received Zenith Plexus Z coils for a long work related driving trip that ended up lasting about 12.5 hours.

So far, so good. I started running at about 13W and I'm now at 13.5W, which is generally sufficient for me for my MTL chain vaping needs on the 0.8 ohm coils. I've gone through about 15ml juice on this one coil. Taste doesn't really seem any better or worse than with the 0.8 ohm coil, but it is hard to say without direct comparing, which I've not done. My taste buds just aren't that great either, so that doesn't help with discerning a difference one way or the other. My opinion on overall flavor delivery should probably be taken with a grain of salt.

The 0.5 ohm coil vape seems a bit dryer, but also seems to produce a denser volume of vapor (though not hugely denser), which I find in itself to be extra satisfying in its own right, especially since the vape does not seem as warm (which I also like). I've had no spitting or gurgling issues as of yet. Nor any dry hits, though those are all relatively rare things for me with the 0.8 coil anyway.

One noticeable improvement, so far, is that I can vape laying down with my mod and tank tilted at more of a sideways angle than usual, without getting any apparent excess juice in my mouth. I have only tested this just a bit for now, but I like that, even if it is kind of a small thing in the greater scheme of things.

I'm now wondering how long this particular coil will last me, and if the coil will seem to deliver anymore flavor over time, but I'm not really expecting anymore flavor at this point. It would be nice if I could get well over a week's worth of vape off of this newer coil, but only time will tell. I will report back later on how that goes.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I'm still liking my first 0.5 ohm Zenith Plexus Z coil. It is very consistent in performance so far after having had 20ml juice through it. Normally, I use 3 air hole airflow when using this tank, mainly to keep my chain vape relatively cool and reduce any spit back, and I don't mind the airy MTL vape. But with this newer type of coil, I've been able to reduce the airflow down to 2 air holes, tightening up the draw, and increasing flavor a bit, without excessively increasing the heat of the tank when chain vaping, and spit back has not been an issue. Plus, there hasn't been any real significant reduction in vapor density in reducing the airflow by a third.

These are pretty good, though moderate, pluses for me when using the Zenith tank on a regular, daily basis. Based on how you are using your Zenith tank, hopefully this information will help you decide if trying out the Plexus Z coil would be worth your while at all. For some it won't be, but for some others it will, really depending on your MTL vape style and the juices you use.

I'm still running strong on my first Plexus Z coil, but have only been using it about 2-3 days so far. Some of my regular 0.8 ohm Zenith coils have only lasted about that long, but most usually last a little longer (up to a week) before I switch them out. Keep in mind that I chain vape high VG tobacco flavors, and other users probably get much better mileage out of their Zenith coils vaping cleaner, clearer, non-tobacco flavor juices.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
My vape goodies came yesterday

Set up: vaping one of my own DIY tobacco blend ejuices at 50PG/50VG with all air holes open in the 2ml Zenith. The red and white set up has the Plexus Z coil and the black with stainless has the 0.8 ohm coil.

First thing I noticed between the two coils is that the mouth feel is different. The 0.8 ohm coil produced a denser mouth feel whereas the Plexus Z more fluffy and airy. I can see where the design of the Plexus Z coil may give a more airy vape. When I closed down a couple of air holes with the Plexus Z it became more dense. Definitely a cooler vape with the Plexus. About the highest I use the 0.8 coil is anywhere from 16.0 to 16.5W. At 16.5W it can become too warm so I usually back down a few watts. With the Plexus Z coil I am vaping comfortably at 17.5W. Regardless which coil I like all air holes open.

Last but not least the flavor. Initially I found the 0.8 ohm coil to be better however this changed. After I vaped around 2mls the Plexus Z was in the lead. I like the Plexus Z coil. When they become available in the US this will be my first choice to purchase. in the meantime, I have a couple of boxes to tide me over. Personally I feel the ejuice as well as the power and the number of air holes that were open played a role in flavor for me — YMMV so you may want to play around with different settings.

I also received the blue 2ml Zenith — it is dark teal color and very nice. On the box that the tank came in it states that the Plexus Z coils last 5 X longer. Way too early to comment on this. Even if it is 2 X longer, this makes the Plexus Z the perfect choice for me.

Attachments

• Plexus Z vs 0.8.jpg
    Plexus Z vs 0.8.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Interesting???

Since the Zenith is my current favorite Tank...I have 3 in my daily rotation...(with different flavored e-juices)…

One of them had an intermittent leak from the AFC and the ridge above the AFC...

I played with it and "reseated" the coil many times...but nothing COMPLETELY stopped the leak...

However...since I really enjoy the Zenith vape...and the leak WAS intermittent and small...I kept using it...(and decided that one of the original aims of the shirt-tail must have been to dab at leaky Tanks)…

Five days ago I convinced myself that maybe the flavor was dropping off a bit...and replaced the factory installed coil (after 2 months? 3 months? of use) with one from a 5-pack...(both 1.6ohm)…

Over the subsequent 5 days I've had NO leaking...and my Zenith remains "dry as a bone"...:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread