Innokin Zenith MTL tank--Phil Busardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philabos

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2017
I am vaping the Zenith right now with 2 holes open at 12.5 watts, very nice draw for a very long time cig smoker. Flavor excellent.
Just got an Ares in the mail so I can learn how to build. Haven't tried it yet but hard to believe it will beat the Zenith. Also loved the N2 but this is the best so far.

Colombia

Jul 25, 2018
Hello everyone,

It will be any other difference between the original Zenith and the new 22mm model?

Here in Toronto I can find at my local store the original SS/black model or the color kit (purple/red/blue) with the itaste kroma mod just wondering if is any other upgrade on this new 22mm zenith. Reason I am asking is because I am ready to pull the trigger (Tomorrow) into the original SS and I dont know if should I wait for the new model instead. Thanks in advance

Reactions: stols001

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Ive had 3 Zenith tanks set up and vaping with the three available coils for about 12hrs now.

I like the 1.6 coil. Its cooler, tighter, provides a sharper and clearer taste. The other two coils, the 0.8 and the plexus, can fight it out among them selves, not much in it tbh. I think the plexus might have a slight edge in taste over the 0.8. I think the plexus maybe a slightly cooler vape and flavour retains its sharpness
I think the vapour produced is pretty similar regardless right through the whole 3 coils. I dont care enough to be worried about that but I did care enough to test it out to my own satisfaction. I wouldnt lose sleep over the finer details of the cloudz each of these coils produce. I just want a bit of a vapour reward for my inhale and that about it.
What remains to be seen over the next packet of coil changes is which coils last longest.
That there are 5 coils in a pack and the 1.6 seems to last 6 weeks and not die it could be up to a 30week trial period to figure it out.
v
v
v
Rest stop
v
v
v

Since I started this post Ive ditched the flavoured liquid and the coils and replaced them with new coils and flavourless vg based nic, vg and DW. Im just not interested in flavours.
The 1.6 coil is still ahead. Even vaping "flavourless" the flavour of the VG and the pepper of the nic is still clearer with the 1.6 than the other two.
With out the distraction of flavours the Plexus doesnt seem any cooler than the 0.8 like I imagined it to be.
The plexus can handle lower watts better than the 0.8.

So, I like the 1.6, I knew that. it meets my requirements of a cooler low watt vape.

Im not amazed by the plexus coil but Im not underwhelmed by it either, using it at 9w's and closing the air holes up a bit is a nice cool satisfying puff much like the 1.6. Knowing I can turn it up to 19w for a bigger and warmer nic hit makes it kinda useful. Its just a matter of time before I can comment on coil life span. View attachment 758289
Apologies, Im still going with this.
1.6 is still my favourite with the plexus Z a very close 2nd having gained a lot of ground over the last few hours. 0.8 coil has fallen behind and for me is no longer in the race at this stage, thats a shame because it is a great premade drop in coil by any standard.
The 0.8 is a warmer vape, it has a lot going for it. I probably shouldnt write it off.

The Plexus functions very well through a wide range of watts, 7.5 through to 19w. It works better at lower watt settings than the 1.6 in that it doesnt start to gurgle at lower watt settings and the inhale and vapour of the plexus is very similar to the 1.6 at low watt setting.
I vaped with the plexus at 6w and no gurgle developed the 1.6 coil seems to start to gurgle with extended use around 7.5w.
The plexus at 19w seems only a bit warmer than the 1.6 at 14w and both retain a sharpness and clarity in taste over the 0.8 which becomes fat bloated and rounded and altogether a different taste. (Im vaping flavourless btw)
If I can get the same longevity of the 1.6 coil out of the plexus there maybe not much separating them. That it can operate at quite low watts no problem and at higher watts it sort of covers both the 1.6 and the 0.8ohm coil territory quite well.
Cheers.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    1.6 is still my favourite with the plexus Z a very close 2nd having gained a lot of ground over the last few hours. 0.8 coil has fallen behind and for me is no longer in the race at this stage, thats a shame because it is a great premade drop in coil by any standard.
    The 0.8 is a warmer vape, it has a lot going for it. I probably shouldnt write it off.

The Plexus functions very well through a wide range of watts, 7.5 through to 19w. It works better at lower watt settings than the 1.6 in that it doesnt start to gurgle at lower watt settings and the inhale and vapour of the plexus is very similar to the 1.6 at low watt setting.
    I vaped with the plexus at 6w and no gurgle developed the 1.6 coil seems to start to gurgle with extended use around 7.5w.
    The plexus at 19w seems only a bit warmer than the 1.6 at 14w and both retain a sharpness and clarity in taste over the 0.8 which becomes fat bloated and rounded and altogether a different taste. (Im vaping flavourless btw)
    If I can get the same longevity of the 1.6 coil out of the plexus there maybe not much separating them. That it can operate at quite low watts no problem and at higher watts it sort of covers both the 1.6 and the 0.8ohm coil territory quite well.
    Cheers.
    Tx for the words. Plexus sounds good then. I haven't had a non gurgly clean vape since I got off of cartos back in '16. I didn't know what gurgling or dry hits were until I got a tank like these.
    Or maybe I should just replace coils more frequently. Using unflavored, I tend to forget to change them.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018

Cheers.
    16hrs later.
    Plexus in front.
    Im running it at down to 6.5w but mainly at 7.5w. No gurgle. Crisp clear vape.
    Its simply a very versatile coil. Between 6.5w to 19w theres a lot of room for fine tuning to suit any situation.
    I very much am seeking out a cooler vape.
    At 7.5w the plexus hasnt shown any sign of gurgling or spitting where the 1.6 has to be constantly worked with to clear gurgling and spitting at 7.5w. This 1.6 is working great at 9.4w
    The flavour of the flavourless is pretty much there in both coils now and its similar between the two but the plexus has more flavour at lower watts.
    So far the zenith is working best for me but any real evaluation of the differences and preferences will probably take a few coils.
    I do know at this stage I wont bother buying any more 0.8s. I have 9 left I think might only ever be used in emergency or given away.
    As with any opinion voiced online and in real life, YMMV ;)

Colombia

Jul 25, 2018
    Good Morning everyone!!

@stols001 guess who got a SS
    15334756245231551719724886035993.jpg
    Zenith yesterday :)

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Um yea, prime the coil like you would any other coil.

Although I sort of have a hunch, based on my experiences with that coil (they're hard to kill you really have to work hard at it) that even if you did a Somewhat Imperfect Prime, well, your coil is just gonna "take it, shut up, and vape."

Priming is priming so unless you've never primed a coil,, do so. If this is your first coil to prime head on over to Baditude's blog he has a nice link on there about how to prime a coil.

Anna

• Agree
    Reactions: gerrymi

Pod_Vaper

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 30, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    I just spent literally HOURS reading through this whole thread to get caught up and I must confess that I am really NOT loving the Zenith. I purchased the 4ml kit with the .5 Plexus installed and have gone through about 6mls now. Tried everything from 5w all the way to 18w, where it got too warm and really burnt tasting. I've adjusted air flow, tried a second juice flavor in case the first was the issue, and even switched it from one mod to another. (I'm still pretty new to this so only have a Kbox Mini and CKS Stride. For tanks/coils, my VERY limited experience has only been the Triton mini (PITA!), Pangu (AWFUL!), Nicolas, and this Zenith.)

No matter what I do, I just can't get any flavor. It's just vapor. Can't be vape fatigue because I am STILL loving the same juice in my Nicolas, which is the only tank I still have. I REALLY wanted to love this, but I don't think I can vape any more of this in hopes it will "break in".

Does anyone have any suggestions other than trying a different coil? I'm sure in my ignorance, there is quite possibly something I've overlooked. Thanks!

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    I just spent literally HOURS reading through this whole thread to get caught up and I must confess that I am really NOT loving the Zenith. I purchased the 4ml kit with the .5 Plexus installed and have gone through about 6mls now. Tried everything from 5w all the way to 18w, where it got too warm and really burnt tasting. I've adjusted air flow, tried a second juice flavor in case the first was the issue, and even switched it from one mod to another. (I'm still pretty new to this so only have a Kbox Mini and CKS Stride. For tanks/coils, my VERY limited experience has only been the Triton mini (PITA!), Pangu (AWFUL!), Nicolas, and this Zenith.)

No matter what I do, I just can't get any flavor. It's just vapor. Can't be vape fatigue because I am STILL loving the same juice in my Nicolas, which is the only tank I still have. I REALLY wanted to love this, but I don't think I can vape any more of this in hopes it will "break in".

Does anyone have any suggestions other than trying a different coil? I'm sure in my ignorance, there is quite possibly something I've overlooked. Thanks!
    I cant imagine theres anything you have overlooked from what you have said in your post.

I just took out a 0.8 coil and replaced it with a plexus coil in one of my tanks 15minutes ago. It tastes nothing like the two day old plexus coil in another tank. Its kinda woolly fluffy bland tasting, not sharp and clear like the two day old plexus. But that doesnt sound like the issue you are having.

AzBTO

Jul 29, 2018
    Um yea, prime the coil like you would any other coil.

Although I sort of have a hunch, based on my experiences with that coil (they're hard to kill you really have to work hard at it) that even if you did a Somewhat Imperfect Prime, well, your coil is just gonna "take it, shut up, and vape."

Priming is priming so unless you've never primed a coil,, do so. If this is your first coil to prime head on over to Baditude's blog he has a nice link on there about how to prime a coil.

Anna

Yeah I primed it like "normal", just doesn't seem to have any flavor at all... wasn't sure if there was a break in period or if I should experience the amazing flavor I've read about instantly. I do hope it gets better but as of right now my crown 3 at 65w has more flavor.

Here's a question for the masses... do you find there is a good e juice ratio for vaping with the zenith tank or would that make a difference?

Last edited:
    • Optimistic
    Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I am PG sensitive but I use PEG400 instead, so I used to vape close to max VG and it kind of muddied up the flavors, IMO, but when I started using 10%PG (flavors, and all I can tolerate) 40% PEG400 and 50% VG my flavors crisped up and sharpened up, like a lot, and PEG400 is a bit more viscous even than PG, so you could change your PG ratio for sure. If you want.

One problem is you are coming from a very flavorful tank (the crown) at a much higher wattage, to the Zenith so if that high wattage is what you are used to, it a) may take a minute b) I still can't say for certain if that coil is for sure even The Suck Definitively or not and c) you may need/want to adjust some things yes. If in any direction probably the more PG direction, and you MAY (IDK) have to use some stronger flavors to compensate for what you are now using.

And unfortunately d) some people LOVE DL and that is just all there is to it and they hate MTL and if you are one such a person, you may eventually give up on the tank completely. But don't do it yet. But if you DO, put it in the classies and I will BUY it from you (joking, mostly, in the sense that I hope you get it doing what you want MORESO).

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread