Status
Not open for further replies.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Ok, I got mine today and I've been using it for a few hours. I can't believe there aren't any reviews out there that I can find yet. Am I first? Ok, way too early to review, but I'll just jot down some thoughts.

-Overall, it seems pretty great. Only using the preinstalled 1.6 coil so far, but looking forward to trying the .8 too.

-It doesn't quite feel like 24/25mm. It does fit on an istick 30 with only ever so slight overhang. I mean, it's thick, but just not as much as I assumed. It alllmost fit on my original pico, but just not quite.

-It did have a little oil smell to it. I just dove right in, but I kinda wish I would have given it a cleaning first. Just fyi.

-The airflow: It's pretty smooth, and I like it. But I'm a little surprised that you can't lock it down quite as tight as say, the Nautilus 2. All the holes are the same size, instead of gradually getting smaller. I like a really tight airflow, where I can get a little suction; like the old clearo days. This isn't quite that. But smooth, and nice. And I can sort of lock it off completely- but it's hard to find that right in between that I like. I think most will be happy though.

-There is some slight whistle on certain airflow ring settings :/ Not terrible, but just slight. Could be a case by case basis, but it's there for me, and a bit annoying.

-Flavor seems great. But going side by side with my Nautilus X with the 1.8 U coils...I kinda prefer my X for flavor though. Could be my juice, but just my initial thoughts.

-Coils seem great too, no gurgling or spitting or anything. And I've tried some chain vaping and it's going well. (using 50/50) with zero dry hits. It's hitting like a champ. I just started lowering my nic, but I can feel where the throat hit would be if I were using a 12mg.

-Filling system is really great. I think that's the standout feature here. Closing the coil off when doing it does seems to prevent any sort of flooding.

-Drip tip is nice. That's so minor, but it's sort of not too....hard to find a good MTL tip that comes with a tank.

-Looks: Better than in the picture I posted before. I have it in black and I thought that lettering for the name on it was kinda tacky, but it looks much less so in person. I don't really care much about tank appearance, but just know it looks better in person.

Very good so far! I'm going to do some testing on the mild whistling and see if I can fix it. Also going to tinker with the airflow and see if I can find my sweet spot. Otherwise, I think you all are gonna like it. Feel free to ask any questions. I can take pics if needed, but I'm lazy.

Dry, I think you hit it in your review. I bought all three of 'em. Remember what P.T. Barnum said?

I'm running one with the 1.6ohm coil on a JAC DNA75 at 12 watts with 50-50 juice. Then I'm running another one with the 0.8ohm coil on a VOOPOO Alpha One at 15 watts. Both are nice vape. As one might expect, the one in the Alpha One drinks juice a lot faster.

The top fill is nice, but it's a two-handed affair, wheres on the Ares tank one can do it with one hand.

My only negative is the drip tip. It's bit too short for me, but I could live with that, but in all three it wobbles. I like them tight. (And my dirty mind, even this early in the morning could make a comment, but I shall refrain.) I have my standard drip tip setup, which consists of a SvoëMesto-type base from FastTech with a authentic SvoëMesto tip. The problem comes in the well for the 510 tip is not deep enough to fully accommodate the FastTech/SvoëMesto combo, which leaves a slight gap. Looks ugly. However, I can work around that using other tips.

But in the end is this tank better than a Joyetech eGo ONE Mega V2 aka Eggroll with a Joyetech 1.0ohm CLR coil? I don't think so, especially when VapeShop.com sells the Eggroll for 11 bucks and a pack of five coils for nine.

Will I keep using the Zeniths? Yes. The Sandstone JAC is made for a wider tank as is the Alpha One. But am I going to throw everything else out in the trash? Not on your life!

Templar616

Nov 21, 2017
Tank looks good. Really happy that you can replace the coil without draining the tank. I wonder if at some point the 2ml tank will be sold in the us at all. I wouldnt mind the smaller profile either. Can't wait for mine to come in!
I've got the 2ml version (being in the UK I had no option) but yes I like the lower profile and filling is so simple the small capacity isn't a problem. Flavour, should in theory, be a little better as the coil is slightly closer to the drip tip than on the 4ml version.

Templar616

Nov 21, 2017
Tough luck that cards. Worth the wait though, I think you'll find they're great tanks. Only had mine for a day and I reckon it's the best tank I've ever had and I've had many ! Beautiful build quality, flavour is outstanding and vapes flawlessly using the 0.8 ohm coil @17 watts with two airflow holes open. Not yet tried the 1.6 ohm as it'll probably be a bit underpowered for my taste. It also fits perfectly on a coolfire 1V with no overhang which was a real bonus as the coolfire is the favourite of my mods.

Last edited:

john1211

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2013
Troy, NY
Tough luck that cards. Worth the wait though, I think you'll find they're great tanks. Only had mine for a day and I reckon it's the best tank I've ever had and I've had many ! Beautiful build quality, flavour is outstanding and vapes flawlessly using the 0.8 ohm coil @17 watts with two airflow holes open. Not yet tried the 1.6 ohm as it'll probably be a bit underpowered for my taste. It also fits perfectly on a coolfire 1V with no overhang which was a real bonus as the coolfire is the favourite of my mods.
How does it compare to the nautilus min

Templar616

Nov 21, 2017
How does it compare to the nautilus min
Hi it's hard for me to compare this with the Nautilus mini yet as I've not yet used the 1.6 ohm coil which has a narrower bore down the centre of the coil compared to the 0.8 ohm which I am currently using.
What I would say though is that the flavour is much better for me and knowing Innokin coil life will be much better than the aspire BVCs which could be very hit and miss. I've had all the aspire MTL offerings the original Nautilus mini being far the best of the bunch though not without its faults. The Nautilus 2 is a floody gurgly leaky nightmare. As for the Nautilus X the less said the better !
As I said above I think the Zenith is a stand out tank, no flooding, gurgling or leaking no dry hits at all and the build quality is just solid. I've had all of the Innokin Endura series MTL tanks and the coils have all been really long lasting and durable and I've no reason to think these Zenith coils will be any different.

john1211

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2013
Troy, NY
Hi it's hard for me to compare this with the Nautilus mini yet as I've not yet used the 1.6 ohm coil which has a narrower bore down the centre of the coil compared to the 0.8 ohm which I am currently using.
What I would say though is that the flavour is much better for me and knowing Innokin coil life will be much better than the aspire BVCs which could be very hit and miss. I've had all the aspire MTL offerings the original Nautilus mini being far the best of the bunch though not without its faults. The Nautilus 2 is a floody gurgly leaky nightmare. As for the Nautilus X the less said the better !
As I said above I think the Zenith is a stand out tank, no flooding, gurgling or leaking no dry hits at all and the build quality is just solid. I've had all of the Innokin Endura series MTL tanks and the coils have all been really long lasting and durable and I've no reason to think these Zenith coils will be any different.
great, thanks for info

Reactions: stols001

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
My zenith is finally out for delivery today! Can't wait to try it!

Let us know what you think. DP and Kat will probably kill me, but I'm about to the point where the perfect setup is the new JAC Sandstorm and the Zenith tank with 1.6ohm coils at 12 watts or the 0.8coils at 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread