Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Nope I have just heard that about the plexuses. Coil life is shorter. I haven't bought any for that reason but you are not applying too much power I don't think.

Anna
Thats to bad Anna because the coil itself does not go bad so quick its the cotton that surrounds it that turns black and nasty.
Take a clr for example when flavor is off one just pulls out wick then give a few pulses to cotton less coil and its good to go re-wick and its like new again.
But that's how money is made being proprietary one has to buy more.
Cotton is less expensive to buy.

The tank is in my opinion excellent just missing that last optional head REBUILD-ABLE. ; )
Anyways still vaping the .8 coil head in a Zenith D22 and now will fill tank for the 20th time flavor still there and coil registers at 0.82 ohms
A box of 5 of in rebuild-able fashion would last a very long time pulsing the naked coil to clean and just re-wicking like a clr coil head.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Well, I finally broke a zenith. Dropped it on the marble floor. Glass is fine. The metal cracked,not visible except with jewelers lens. Base just spins and spins. May try and solder it and see if its salvageable

Tell us if successful doing the solder not sure if it will stick depending on the metal it is made off.
If not good old JB weld will definitely work as it sealed a crack in an oil pan on a jeep once had .
That repair lasted well over 100,000 .
Had to finally junk it with 285,000 miles on it because the seats were about to fall thru the rusted out floor pans.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Tell us if successful doing the solder not sure if it will stick depending on the metal it is made off.
If not good old JB weld will definitely work as it sealed a crack in an oil pan on a jeep once had .
That repair lasted well over 100,000 .
Had to finally junk it with 285,000 miles on it because the seats were about to fall thru the rusted out floor pans.
I have a led-set weld stuff I’m going to try. I can solder just about anything, but I think the finish would have to be removed, which would weaken it more. At worst, I’ll stick it in the emergency backup drawer. Oddly, it doesn’t leak.

Pete M

Aug 5, 2018
I tend to use pretty sweet juices as well and bought some Zs since the one included with my tank was a dud. I'm definitely NOT getting any longer life out of them compared to the .8s. And personally, I think the flavor of the .8 is better. Not to mention they're cheaper for about the same life span.

Agreed, I'm a big fan of the 0.8 and hoping they keep producing them and don't try to replace them wholesale with the plexus ones. I keep testing the plexus ones again every now and then and they're great at first but decline quickly. I use quite sweet juices 70-80 VG, 3 airholes open and usually between 11-13 watts and normally get about 4 days use out of the mesh coils if it's the only tank I use.

Whereas with the 0.8 I can get at least 2 weeks use with the same setup. The other main difference I noticed is that with the 0.8 I just know to change it because the flavour has gone, but with the plexus it goes straight to nasty and burnt.

I know the Zenith is aimed at MTL users just starting out on vaping,and is probably designed with lower VG juices in mind. But most of these users will be using the shop bought liquids and really there aren't that many of the premium liquids that are 50/50. The standard coils seem to open up a wider variety of flavours for new users (although I've not really tested the 1.6 coils so can't speak for them)

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Agreed, I'm a big fan of the 0.8 and hoping they keep producing them and don't try to replace them wholesale with the plexus ones. I keep testing the plexus ones again every now and then and they're great at first but decline quickly. I use quite sweet juices 70-80 VG, 3 airholes open and usually between 11-13 watts and normally get about 4 days use out of the mesh coils if it's the only tank I use.

Whereas with the 0.8 I can get at least 2 weeks use with the same setup. The other main difference I noticed is that with the 0.8 I just know to change it because the flavour has gone, but with the plexus it goes straight to nasty and burnt.

I know the Zenith is aimed at MTL users just starting out on vaping,and is probably designed with lower VG juices in mind. But most of these users will be using the shop bought liquids and really there aren't that many of the premium liquids that are 50/50. The standard coils seem to open up a wider variety of flavours for new users (although I've not really tested the 1.6 coils so can't speak for them)
I diy at 50/50. They’re sweet juices, same burnt flavor you get. Oddly, my very first boxes of z coils were great, bought when they were first available . I didn’t get the short life/burnt yuck until I got into the replacement boxes bought later. I use the 1.6 mostly, but have that and the.8. The cheapest price I’ve found on the coils is from Direct Vapor. $8.95 (save 5% if you subscribe to have them autoshipped). I’ll just keep stocking up on them. I have little faith in coils being available infinitely.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I diy at 50/50. They’re sweet juices, same burnt flavor you get. Oddly, my very first boxes of z coils were great, bought when they were first available . I didn’t get the short life/burnt yuck until I got into the replacement boxes bought later. I use the 1.6 mostly, but have that and the.8. The cheapest price I’ve found on the coils is from Direct Vapor. $8.95 (save 5% if you subscribe to have them autoshipped). I’ll just keep stocking up on them. I have little faith in coils being available infinitely.

f you are talking about the zenith coils, not plexus or whatever, they are 7.19 after coupon code of ecf at

5 Pk Innokin Zenith Replacement Coils

Shipping is free for 50.00 orders. I believe you do have to pay tax though.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    f you are talking about the zenith coils, not plexus or whatever, they are 7.19 after coupon code of ecf at

5 Pk Innokin Zenith Replacement Coils

Shipping is free for 50.00 orders. I believe you do have to pay tax though.
    I usually order from them. They used to offer a nice discount on multiple box orders , but no more :(.
    TY for the code

Reactions: rosesense

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Vent warning..... ok, I have officially had it with the z coils. Just changed the second one today. Both tanks had new coils put in Saturday. 4 days. 4. One running at 12.5w, the other at 11.6. All of a sudden burnt taste, out of the blue, tank 1/2 full at minimum. Thank heavens I only have 6 left. At this rate, should be done with them by Monday. I don’t understand why the very first ones were great, then they went to blech. I’m done with this experiment lol. Back to the regular coils,no question

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread