Innokin Zenith MTL tank--Phil Busardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
After using this tank for a while now, I am really liking it too. Again, I wish I could get it a tad tighter but I am getting use to it. I love the quality of the vape though, very quiet and and very smooth. Think I will order the 2 ml version once I can find a way to get it shipped to the US. I want it to be a bit smaller.

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
Could anyone post a pic with their zenith on a 22 mm device? Thanks!!

The Jac is 22mm......

i-53XdPjH-X3.jpg

i-qv5Kvn7-X3.jpg

i-xHZQjr5-X3.jpg

i-w38QrjP-X3.jpg

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    After using this tank for a while now, I am really liking it too. Again, I wish I could get it a tad tighter but I am getting use to it. I love the quality of the vape though, very quiet and and very smooth. Think I will order the 2 ml version once I can find a way to get it shipped to the US. I want it to be a bit smaller.
    At 25mm,don't you need a mil and a half just to keep the coil wet? I'd be burning coils left and right without tc.

Reactions: stols001

Templar616

Nov 21, 2017
    At 25mm,don't you need a mil and a half just to keep the coil wet? I'd be burning coils left and right without tc.
    Not really as the coil is enclosed in a sleeve which acts as the juice shut off. This also acts as a sump ensuring that when the tank is nearly empty there is sufficient juice at the base of the coil.

sizzla68

Aug 24, 2014
    France
    I received mine a few days ago , it s a easy tu use tank only cons you cannot disable it so it is not easy to clean and dry it.
    The vape and flavor is good with the 0.8 ohm but i prefer the nautilus 2 with the 0.7 ohm coil better flavor and vape.
    I know you cannot compare but for me the best of both world is the kayfun prime and the nautilus 2 ;)

Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I gotta say, I like this tank a lot for ease of use and it's really surprisingly cloudy for a 1.6 coil, not only that it isn't juice drinker either. I like the topfill cap a lot. Something is kind of missing in the flavor department that I can't quite figure out. It just seems muted somehow. I'm hoping I have better results with the next juice I try (that may be a while given how not thirsty it is) perhaps using something more strongly flavored, the juice I put in there is kind of subtle. It's a bit frustrating honestly, as everything else about it seems great to me. I'm hoping I can find something that works, one of my sweeter flavors. Am also hoping that perhaps the 0.8 coil is the remedy as well although there are times the flavor seems good, at other times not so much, so that's odd as well....

I really really want to LOVE this tank, but so far.... I like it for the most part, just wish flavor was a hair better. I'm still glad I picked it over the Ares, but I want Moar Flavor. Also want to finish out this coil though, to see what coil life is like without removal/insertion. Guess I'm a bit stuck for now...

Anna

Templar616

Nov 21, 2017
    I gotta say, I like this tank a lot for ease of use and it's really surprisingly cloudy for a 1.6 coil, not only that it isn't juice drinker either. I like the topfill cap a lot. Something is kind of missing in the flavor department that I can't quite figure out. It just seems muted somehow. I'm hoping I have better results with the next juice I try (that may be a while given how not thirsty it is) perhaps using something more strongly flavored, the juice I put in there is kind of subtle. It's a bit frustrating honestly, as everything else about it seems great to me. I'm hoping I can find something that works, one of my sweeter flavors. Am also hoping that perhaps the 0.8 coil is the remedy as well although there are times the flavor seems good, at other times not so much, so that's odd as well....

I really really want to LOVE this tank, but so far.... I like it for the most part, just wish flavor was a hair better. I'm still glad I picked it over the Ares, but I want Moar Flavor. Also want to finish out this coil though, to see what coil life is like without removal/insertion. Guess I'm a bit stuck for now...

Anna
    I have only used the 0.8 so can't comment on the 1.6 ohm but the consensus from the reviews I've seen seems to be that the 0.8 is the flavour coil.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Well, sounds like it would be worth my while to switch it out then... God only knows what it will do to the house's interior (it's freezing this morning can't crack a door yet) with an 0.8 coil, but may as well figure out sooner if there's something I will like better for flavor... Thanks for the info :)

Anna

marianna

ECF Veteran
    Jun 30, 2012
    Netherlands
    Is it like, if you MTL, of course you don't want to do TC or what?
    A few years ago I tried TC, with SS316L and with titanium, but I couldn't discover a difference/advantage between having to choose the right TC or choosing Wattage. And in TC-modus the liquid did not taste better, so there was no benefit for me. Besides, I don't like the taste of SS316L and I had read that titanium can't be dry-burned nor pulsed nor used in Wattage-modus (you could get ti-oxide) So I went back to kanthal.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Thanks @JUMA55 , to test your theory I left the coil in my tank. The flavor is indeed improving, rather noticeably. So, I'm going to wait for now (I have some PEG400 arriving and am HOPING I can tolerate THAT, even at my dumb wattages I get so cloudy) before I attempt the 0.8 coil, at least indoors. The husband is starting to complain and at 90VG/10DW, I don't blame him. I would be thrilled if I could produce less fog, I find it annoying myself (but not annoying enough to go sit outdoors at 5 a.m. to vape... )

Anna

JUMA55

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2014
    Waco, TX
    Thanks @JUMA55 , to test your theory I left the coil in my tank. The flavor is indeed improving, rather noticeably. So, I'm going to wait for now (I have some PEG400 arriving and am HOPING I can tolerate THAT, even at my dumb wattages I get so cloudy) before I attempt the 0.8 coil, at least indoors. The husband is starting to complain and at 90VG/10DW, I don't blame him. I would be thrilled if I could produce less fog, I find it annoying myself (but not annoying enough to go sit outdoors at 5 a.m. to vape... )

Anna

Anna, what wattage are you using? I'm 12 with the 1.6 coil and 16 with the 0.8. I'm using a 50-50 juice. I don't notice a big difference in the cloud produced by either. However, something is happening because the lower resistance coil and higher wattage does appear to drink juice faster.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I'm at an all-powerful 7 watts, LOL.

My main problem is I am PG sensitive, so I have to use 90%VG and 10% DW. I find even the 1.6 coil to be Rather Foggy.

It's my juice. I MTL and tootlepuff at ridiculous wattages. You should see the clouds I get from an N2 tank with a 1.8 coil. It's atypical but since I have a PG sensitivity, I am going to try this PEG400 stuff, potentially MORE DW if I can get away with it and if PEG400 does to me what PG does. I do think the zenith is exceptionally cloudy, honestly (and I like the vape). It's just my stupid juice. I think DW has improved the vape temp and all that, but I'm not entirely certain it's done much for the fog issue....

I'm getting okay flavor for now with the Zenith and waiting for the coil to die in any case. I'm pretty sure that the 0.8 coil will be okay... If I can get my juice straight. Sigh.

Anna

marianna

ECF Veteran
    Jun 30, 2012
    Netherlands
    The husband is starting to complain and at 90VG/10DW, I don't blame him. I would be thrilled if I could produce less fog, I find it annoying myself (but not annoying enough to go sit outdoors at 5 a.m. to vape... )
    Anna

Haven't you got an extraction system in your house? Or a ventilator?
    I've got a great extraction system which can be set to 3 different levels, so I vape maxVG where and when I like.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Nope I do not. I live in a tiny probably 80s built manufactured home on a bunch of land. I'm pretty happy, but the ventilation system is my heating and A/C system. I've considered digging in one of my sheds for an air purifier I believe I might still own, but I haven't yet. No extraction or purification system built into my home, and I am unlikely to see that happen anytime soon. We're still finishing out a house fire claim, there are plenty of other things taking preference at the moment.

It's not a bad idea, just something not really achievable at this point. Although you did remind me about the air purifier, I should really go look, at least (I just hate looking in my sheds... Critters and bugs, LOL.

Anna

JUMA55

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2014
    Waco, TX
    I'm at an all-powerful 7 watts, LOL.

My main problem is I am PG sensitive, so I have to use 90%VG and 10% DW. I find even the 1.6 coil to be Rather Foggy.

It's my juice. I MTL and tootlepuff at ridiculous wattages. You should see the clouds I get from an N2 tank with a 1.8 coil. It's atypical but since I have a PG sensitivity, I am going to try this PEG400 stuff, potentially MORE DW if I can get away with it and if PEG400 does to me what PG does. I do think the zenith is exceptionally cloudy, honestly (and I like the vape). It's just my stupid juice. I think DW has improved the vape temp and all that, but I'm not entirely certain it's done much for the fog issue....

I'm getting okay flavor for now with the Zenith and waiting for the coil to die in any case. I'm pretty sure that the 0.8 coil will be okay... If I can get my juice straight. Sigh.

Anna

I'm sorry to hear about you sensitivity to PG. What are DW and PEG400?

I saw in one of the other threads where you are also using the Joyetech tanks. After a couple of weeks of using the Zenith with both coils and a variety of wattages--all with the same 50/50 juice--I came to the conclusion that one cannot beat the Joyetech CLR 1.0ohm coil for flavor and longevity. Yes, it's easier to refill the Zenith, but it doesn't take that much longer to fill a eGo Mega V2 or a Tron-S or T. Therefore, I went back to running the Joyetech tanks on my JACs, which allows tank interchangeability with my ProVari mods. I did keep one Zenith on a Squid Double Barrel. It's running at 18watts with the 0.8ohm coils. Every now and then I do like to make big clouds--at least big clouds for me. The Joyetechs are running at 12.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Distilled water and a slightly different formulation of a chemical that is somewhat similar to PG. Got the idea from the TC thread, but I'm hoping that perhaps I am not sensitive to that. If not, either I'm going to have to use more DW or vape less, or something. I'm kind of hopeful that I can use it, but also not holding my breath, either.

I agree with you about the CLR coil, I have an ego mega one and a Tron-S on order. Love the vape, and it's probably less cloudy than the 1.6 coil (which is now pretty tasty once broken in, but it better last a long time, because 8 ml feels like a long break in period to me. I would say my CLR coils are probably less cloudy at 1.0 than this Zenith thing. Which I quite like for everything other than its supreme cloudiness. I was worrying about summer but then I realized that in summer, the AC just sucks all the vape out of the house. Right now, we just aren't heating the house very often, and I leave a door open, but it's not really the greatest long term solution...

Going to dig for an air purifier I may have in the shed and see what that does, I'd forgotten all about it. I prefer warmth in the a.m. although I can do coffee/blanket.

I wish I were not PG sensitive, but one inhale on the husband's 50/50 tank reminds me I am. LOL.

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread