Innokin Zenith MTL tank--Phil Busardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I will stop trying new stuff when I am dead! (Probably in a pauper's grave but oh well, I keep telling the husband to bury me under a tree in the yard, guessing it's similar.)

All the tanks I mentioned are all OLDER than the zenith, actually. LOL. But I am glad you like it.

Anna

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I don't mind bottom filling my tanks.

I find LOTS of uses for the time I save with my Top-Filling Zeniths (vs. my previous Bottom-Filling eGo ONEs)…

Building (more) block towers with my Grand Kids...researching the Justfog Minifit...catching up on The Young and The Restless...:thumbs:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
how long are coils available before they stop making them?
i'm testing a bunch of tanks. when i find the best, how long do i have to stock up?

Years? It's difficult to predict, but as long as the tank is selling, the coils are always available. Unless the manufacturer upgrades (changes) the design, like Kanger does all the time. Kanger STM and Toptank are still popular, but the old OCC (horizontal) coils are hard to find. Cartomizers are still available--and it's been at least 10 years since they've been introduced.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The Zenith is a lovely tank, but I don't consider it to be the be-all end-all of all tanks. It's a great, serviceable tank that vapes in a lovely manner, etc., it's also skillful in design.

Neither do I. Actually, I find it to be on par with my other, much older MTL tanks with drop-in coils like Kanger STM (so much more versatile and also offered with top-fill and RBA coil), eGo One with rebuildable drop-in coils, and even my ancient GS Tanks. I like Zenith's design, but I'm not convinced that the vape quality is actually superior in any way.

Also, I have discovered that, even though the top-fill and AFC design is brilliant, I still have to take the tank off the mod to properly refill it. There's always a bit of eliquid on the top cap after filling, and some condensation at the AFC holes and the base, so the tank needs to be wiped clean anyway. Just in my (very short) experience. So the time saved between refilling the Zenith and my other tanks is really not that great, after all. Maybe I'm too fussy, but I like my tanks clean and dry at all times. ;) Besides, I'm so used to bottom filling that I really don't mind it at all.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Even if enormous advances in tank technology are on the horizon, if I'm content with what I have, I don't have to sample them. Phew.

Whatever works, Zaz. Really. There's no right or wrong way. Also, I don't know how long you've been vaping, but I have been buying and testing stuff for over nine years--so I've been accumulating my vaping gear at a much slower pace--one at a time. When I started, we only had two choices--one-piece or two-piece. :facepalm: I really don't know what I would do if I had to start vaping today--waaaaaaaaaaay too many choices.

• Winner
Reactions: Dieseler

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I've been vaping for about a minute, @Katya (i.e., since April, but only with a cigalike till November). But I know my pattern: I immerse myself in something new for a max of three months and then move on to something else. Not that I plan to give up vaping; no, I just know my interest in shopping for it is going to disappear (I think buying the Dani Box Mini may have signaled the end; it was like that final rally before death). I've had to get stuff while I'm at the fanatical stage. Then I can settle into a rut, just the way I like it. (My father once said a history of our family should be called Life on the Shoulder.)

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I'm already unsubscribing from vendors' email lists and YouTube channels. I am tired of opening packages and testing new mods. I've bought twenty-one since November 2 (not all different: I have five Pico 25s, three JAC Vapour Sandstorms, and six Colossals). With any luck, these will see me to the end. From now on, it's just coils (and soon I'll have enough of those) and, eventually, a limited larder of DIY supplies.

I'll keep entering contests, of course. Free new stuff is acceptable.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Keep in mind these are all low-power mods (single 18650, 80-85W max), but if that's what you're after, you could do a lot worse. I love the Colossal, and right now it's only $34.95 at Vapor Range with free shipping (there are discount coupons floating about, too). Pico 25s aren't much cheaper, but they're supposed to be sturdy little workhorses, and I like them. The JAC is wonderful but more expensive (and I see its price has risen $14 since I ordered).

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I'm already unsubscribing from vendors' email lists and YouTube channels. I am tired of opening packages and testing new mods. I've bought twenty-one since November 2 (not all different: I have five Pico 25s, three JAC Vapour Sandstorms, and six Colossals). With any luck, these will see me to the end. From now on, it's just coils (and soon I'll have enough of those) and, eventually, a limited larder of DIY supplies.

I'll keep entering contests, of course. Free new stuff is acceptable.

Very sensible approach! Consider yourself lucky that you found what you like early on and didn't have to kiss all those frogs we, old timers, had to kiss! ;) :toast:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
gotta find the best one.

Look for the one that's best for you. :)

There's no best tank, like there's no best car. It all depends on your preferences and finances. They all work, and the differences between them are really not so vast. The trick is to always learn how to use what you already own properly. Too many new vapers skip that step and end up constantly buying new gear and then getting disappointed again. There's a bit of a learning curve with vaping in general and with vaping hardware in particular.

Good luck in your search.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
am i hurting coils by going under the recommended wattages?

If you're asking me, no, you don't hurt the coils if you're vaping below the recommended wattage, but your coils may not be working as well as they could (should). The ratings tell you basically at what wattages any coil will perform best. However, I do not recommend going above the highest recommended wattage--that may damage your coils.

• Agree
Reactions: Zazie

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Very sensible approach! Consider yourself lucky that you found what you like early on and didn't have to kiss all those frogs we, old timers, had to kiss! ;) :toast:
Don't I know it! I've read posts about those early days. Sounds like a struggle for which I might not have had the heart.

I feel especially lucky that I found the Zenith right away and liked it. That simplified things enormously for me. Knowing I'd be a fool to attempt building did, too.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
thanks.
apparently, i'm not interested in coils performing at their best.

I'm not sure I explained it correctly. If you like DTL at 27 watts, the best approach is to find coils that are designed to perform at their best at that wattage. Does that make sense? Let's say I like to MTL at 12 watts--a coil whose recommended wattage is 30-75 watts would not work well at all at 12 watts. An underpowered coil is a terrible vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread