Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
voopoo uforce

Uforce 0.4ohm coil, if that's what you're using, rated for 40-80W, is a dual coil, which means that each coil only gets 20-40 watts max, depending on your wattage setting. So you're fine with those coils.

Not sure about the Sigelei and Sense v jet, they seem to be very low resistance single coils. But, if you like them at 27 watts, that's all that matters.

Reactions: susieqz

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I find LOTS of uses for the time I save with my Top-Filling Zeniths (vs. my previous Bottom-Filling eGo ONEs)…

I honestly don't find bottom filling any more time consuming than top. Perhaps there is something wrong with me.

Also: No grandkids yet :( All I told the boy growing up is "do not knock someone up."

It takes all my fortitude these days to NOT say "Knock someone up, do it do it!" LOL.

Anna

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I'm already unsubscribing from vendors' email lists

I see joining vendors' mailing lists as putting "the horse before the cart"...

I find it close to worthless to receive SALE emails about vaping items I already have...or items I don't care/know about...

When I run across something I'm thinking of buying...(usually discussed on ECF)...I just head to "Price Comparison" sites to find the best current price...

Vapecrawler

Find the best vapes and juice at the best prices. Vaper City compares prices for you!

https://www.needzly.com/one-search/

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
When I run across something I'm thinking of buying...(usually discussed on ECF)...I just head to "Price Comparison" sites to find the best current price...

I also always do a Google search. Those price comparison sites usually miss something, somewhere. :D

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
i keep looking for coils rated down to 30 watts, but they don't seem to exist.
you'd think they would.
low watts is as close to mtl as it's possible to be, without being mtl/

We're getting dangerously off topic here, but if you're looking for a MTL (or restricted DL) kind of vape, you won't find it with those powerful, high-wattage, big airflow tanks. If you're mainly driving in city traffic, grocery shopping, post office, etc., I wouldn't recommend buying a Lamborghini--a Prius C would be a much better choice. ;) Yes, a Lamborghini can go 12 miles per hour, but it really doesn't want to do it. :lol:

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA

Vapecrawler

Find the best vapes and juice at the best prices. Vaper City compares prices for you!

https://www.needzly.com/one-search/

My practice has been to go to Vapecrawler (thanks for the links to the other sites; they will come in handy someday) and to search. I only subscribed to various mailing lists when I was in full buying frenzy, looking to be alerted to something I hadn't considered. Unsubscribing from them is a symptom of my return to commonsense.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I also always do a Google search. Those price comparison sites usually miss something, somewhere. :D

I don't even check websites that only include vendors who are part of a share-a-sale program or other paid inclusion program into their search results. I used to check VapeCrawler...when I first started vaping and several people on here recommended it as "the place" to find the best deals. However, I repeatedly found the truly best deals on the same items, by doing a Google search for them myself instead. So, I emailed the guy who runs VapeCrawler and asked him some questions about my results. When I got his answers, I totally quit even checking VC.

I want the best possible price from all vendors who have the products, not just the best price offered by the limited number of vendors shown on the share-a-sale websites.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Ive gotta be honest, its going to be hard work getting 1200 puffs on the new coil. Its a really tight tank and Ive moved quite away from this way of vaping. Ive hit 86 puffs and kinda dread the thought of persisting for another 1100 or so........106 puffs......... feels like my lungs are collapsing!...............113 puffs, mouth is so dry!...116 puffs. My gums sting........120 puffs...........
Maybe try again tomorrow (reaches for wide open Dead Rabbit rta and relaxes, head surrounded by a dense puffy cloud of white vapour)
Ive learned through this exercise that Im done with and have no interest in mtl vaping for now. I basically had to slow down and get used to mtl vaping again and I found no joy in it.
Im not going to hit 1200, it isnt a fun way to spend time and its an unsatisfactory vape.
I took quite a few dry hits along the way , I found I was taking 6sec plus draws just trying to get a satisfactory vape. After quite a few scorched cotton hits I worked on changing my vape draw back to how I used to vape.
I now understand why some Dl'ers who started with mtl say they couldnt go back to strict mtl.
Even though I did get some scorched cotton hits the coils is still producing a clear flavour and big clouds. It seems quite unaffected but I can imagine what the cotton looks like. I can take it apart and post pics but it will just be a pic of clean cotton with the scorched out line of the coil etched into it. :)

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Hey, I gave you permission to end the experiment a couple of days ago, you masochist!

We are such different vapers. My draws are slow and measured. but they last two seconds, tops (which is how I used to smoke, come to think of it). No doubt this is why I have never had a dry hit and am perfectly content with this tank and two of the coils.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    As an alternative and similar, I think that I'm going to try the Aspire Tigon tank. Highest ohm coil is only 1.2 but was my preferred vape when using my Exceed tank beside the Zenith.
    Sure thing annoying that we have to buy whole kits lately. Aaaand, this particular kit does not seem priced well for the mod that the tank comes with.
    Aspire TIGON 2600mAh Starter Kit | Vape Kits

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    A quick search suggests you can get the tank on its own. The results I glanced at offered it on preorder only, though.
    TX, Found it solo on the same site but they aren't stocking the 1.2"s. Shipping really gone up from what I remember! I need to start thinking about using FT...

Pete M

Aug 5, 2018
    Hey does anyone use a MTL zenith with max vg? I am looking for something that can truly handle it and not get that gross taste every few puffs. MTL is the only way I will be able to get away from the stinkies?

Handles it pretty well enough from my experience - have used up to 80VG in it with the 0.8 coils. One thing I've learned (in my experience, YMMV) is it doesn't seem to be the actual VG level that it struggles with more the 'heavier' liquids by which I mean the ones that look dark brown like treacle. And even then to be fair: although it reduces the coil life the coil life on the Zenith coils is pretty long. I use 70vg liquids most of the time, sometimes 80vg, and vape on 11-13w with AF wide open and that works for me.

The Plexus coils can definitely handle it BUT - as you might have gathered if you've read earlier comments on this thread most people found they tend to last a lot less in general and I prefer the 0.8 for that reason. Had a box of the mesh coils that I ocasionally went back to thinking 'surely it can't be as short lived as I remember' and I think my record was 4 days - although it was usually a nice vape until it died. Still never really got round to using the 1.6 so don't know about that.

So I'd say the question isn't so much whether you want to use Max VG but rather what type of Max VG liquid you're planning on using, and what coils you plan to use. Sorry for the rambling answer :)

Kay81

Jan 30, 2019
    Handles it pretty well enough from my experience - have used up to 80VG in it with the 0.8 coils. One thing I've learned (in my experience, YMMV) is it doesn't seem to be the actual VG level that it struggles with more the 'heavier' liquids by which I mean the ones that look dark brown like treacle. And even then to be fair: although it reduces the coil life the coil life on the Zenith coils is pretty long. I use 70vg liquids most of the time, sometimes 80vg, and vape on 11-13w with AF wide open and that works for me.

The Plexus coils can definitely handle it BUT - as you might have gathered if you've read earlier comments on this thread most people found they tend to last a lot less in general and I prefer the 0.8 for that reason. Had a box of the mesh coils that I ocasionally went back to thinking 'surely it can't be as short lived as I remember' and I think my record was 4 days - although it was usually a nice vape until it died. Still never really got round to using the 1.6 so don't know about that.

So I'd say the question isn't so much whether you want to use Max VG but rather what type of Max VG liquid you're planning on using, and what coils you plan to use. Sorry for the rambling answer :)
    Thank you, I think mine is clear to a tinted yellow, depending on the batch they make and send. So it should work without the dry hits? Can I do several puffs without experiencing the dry hit?

Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread