Innokin Zenith MTL tank--Phil Busardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete M

Aug 5, 2018
Thank you, I think mine is clear to a tinted yellow, depending on the batch they make and send. So it should work without the dry hits? Can I do several puffs without experiencing the dry hit?

I should certainly think so as long as the coil is primed etc, break it in gently... The juice I'm using is thick dark and gloopy, usual coil-killing stuff, and I've been chain vaping it on 11 w last night and today without any real loss of flavour.

Personally I think it'll be fine but each juice has its own character! I wouldn't just go by what I say, I can only tell you my experience with the zenith, someone else may have different advice :)

• Agree
Reactions: gerrymi

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
As an alternative and similar, I think that I'm going to try the Aspire Tigon tank. Highest ohm coil is only 1.2 but was my preferred vape when using my Exceed tank beside the Zenith.
Sure thing annoying that we have to buy whole kits lately. Aaaand, this particular kit does not seem priced well for the mod that the tank comes with.
Aspire TIGON 2600mAh Starter Kit | Vape Kits

I had some time to investigate. :) That tank looks a lot like the Zenith, doesn't it?

Reactions: stols001

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I had some time to investigate. :) That tank looks a lot like the Zenith, doesn't it?
    Yes, it looks like a nice alternative. Even after I got my nice Zenith, I really got hooked on another tank that had the 1.2 coil. Tigon might combine their best attributes. If not, I'm really enjoying the Zenith over the Nautilus.

tdman77

ECF Veteran
    Jan 12, 2019
    New Orleans
    Tempting but yes, I keep thinking "I so don't need another drop in coil tank."

Anna

I can't agree more. Think I got 5-6 different brands of coils (8 packs of Zenith coils), and pods sitting in my hording bin. I just gave up on the pod thing with the Orion DNA, cant justify $5 per pod every 3-4 days. Enjoying my new Berserker MTL 1.5 tank, better flavor/vape and I can customize my builds to the juice I'm using. My handmade coils and cotton costs less than $1.50 a month.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Just signed up for djslb's newsletter so I'd be entered into a contest for a free Tigon kit, entirely because I wouldn't mind trying the tank for free. Ridiculous. I have so many Zeniths, there will probably be several unopened boxes of them available to add to my funeral pyre to sweeten the gods in my favor. (It's well known that gods like vapor.)

The tank does indeed look a lot like the Zenith, @Katya.

PartyMan1

Dec 28, 2018
    Loving this tank. Just getting back into vaping after a long break and have been using the kylin rebuildable and it's nice but a little finicky. This tank does exactly what I hoped, just drop the coil in and go, amazing flavor (just as much as my kylin) and vapor and no leaking. Nice to give my lips a break too, experimenting with the rebuildable left my lips a bit burnt lol. No hot nicotine all over my lips with the zenith.

Storm52

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 27, 2014
    Shreveport, LA
    also curious, does anyone know who phil busardo and dimitris agrafiotis are? its a great tank so obviously they know what they are doing but there isnt a wiki. Are they just a couple random vaping enthuisiasts? engineers?
    Long time vape reviewers and vaping advocates.

Last edited:

Philabos

ECF Veteran
    Aug 9, 2017
    also curious, does anyone know who phil busardo and dimitris agrafiotis are? its a great tank so obviously they know what they are doing but there isnt a wiki. Are they just a couple random vaping enthuisiasts? engineers?
    One of each.
    They have a YouTube channel. They do a series for smokers trying to move to vaping.
    That would be popular- in the UK. :)

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    I really only know Dimitris from PBusardo's reviews. But once upon a time (only a few years ago), he was probably the most thorough, entertaining, and respected reviewer of vape products. You should check out his vids, if only for historical perspective. Some are really great - but when I said thorough, I meant it - they can be long!

edit: BTW, he's still very good, if he reviews something you're considering!

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal

Two great guys, best friends, vaping advocates. I rarely buy anything vaping related without checking Phil's review first (when available, of course--there's so much new stuff out there nowadays that even Phil can't keep up). :D

VapinGreek
    THE SMOKER'S SHOW - EPISODE # 25

Paula Ashworth

Jan 29, 2019
    Hi all, sorry to resurrect an older thread. Its what brought me here.
    I love this kroma zenith kit. My first 'fancy' buy since I quit sticks 3 weeks ago. Now Im finding the need for a back up (I chain at times and have burnt a couple of coils learning how to vape properly)
    Do i get another of these or is there a comparible for ease of use that Ive missed.
    I love the drop in coil, and for now wouldnt even attempt to build anything myself. Have it on 0.8 at the mo, but am planning on trying 1.6 as Im starting to prefer a cooler vape.

Maytwin

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 28, 2011
    SW France
    Hi all, sorry to resurrect an older thread. Its what brought me here.
    I love this kroma zenith kit. My first 'fancy' buy since I quit sticks 3 weeks ago. Now Im finding the need for a back up (I chain at times and have burnt a couple of coils learning how to vape properly)
    Do i get another of these or is there a comparible for ease of use that Ive missed.
    I love the drop in coil, and for now wouldnt even attempt to build anything myself. Have it on 0.8 at the mo, but am planning on trying 1.6 as Im starting to prefer a cooler vape.
    Don't worry, the thread is still active ! There are other top fill tanks with drop in coils but the only ones I've tried are the Triton Mini and the Nautilus 2 (there is now a Nautilus 2S which I haven't tried). Since getting the Zenith (I have 3 of them) I've not used anything else and I'd definitely go for a second one if I were you ! I'm not sure the Triton is even still available and although the Nautilus 2 wasn't a bad vape, in my opinion the Zenith is better and soooooo much easier and user-friendly when it comes to refilling.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread