Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Anyone knows how the Zlide is compared to the Zenith tank? Planning to buy kroma a kit with zenith, but the zlide seems te be superior to the zenith, or am I wrong?
Depends on who is using it we are all different, have not tried the zlide yet and have no intentions because of that top cap and fill capacity.
Also have ares tanks that have that zlide top cap and do not care for it and the vape is of course different from the zenith.
Bought 3 or 4 ares before even thinking about a zenith tank when they both came out as i liked the idea of rebuild-able heads but did not like the vape from the tank itself no matter how i coiled the head so tried a zenith which was a world of difference in airflow and taste.
The ares now sit idle .

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
According to Dimitris (on the platform FB page), a new version of the Ares is coming out late Spring. For them, that covers those that prefer rebuildables. Plus, I think the way the coil is inserted on the zenith would require a teeny tiny rba head. That MIGHT work for experienced builders, but not for newbies. I did order the zlide just to compare. With MVS’s anniversary code it was less than $20.

Compared to a clr coildhead if they made the zenith with a horizontal coil instead of vertical like now it would be a little bigger because the housing is bigger to start off with.

Many including its makers said thats what the ares is for naw the vape is different with that tank give us the option for the zenith the tech is already there as the Isub using a similar coilhead like the Zenith just smaller and had the rebuildable head option.

The clr is very simple setup that have vaped with for years until the topfill zenith came out but they were easy peasy to work with. Many times over would just dry burn the coil and insert new cotton and its like new again ! Still use them as well.

Last edited:

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I didn't hear back from Matt today. He must be having a hell of a time tracking down who got my order by mistake--which he insisted on doing before correcting my problem. In the meantime, I've got a box containing three boxes of Zenith .8 coils, ten boxes of Prism S .8 coils, a one-shot kit, eleven Pachamama stickers, and fourteen Charlie's Chalk Dust stickers yearning to be sent along to their rightful owner.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
40A05CC8-B9B3-4CAB-B720-9031AC5A7506.jpeg
Anyone knows how the Zlide is compared to the Zenith tank? Planning to buy kroma a kit with zenith, but the zlide seems te be superior to the zenith, or am I wrong?
I couldn’t find PB’s video about the differences on FB, but I’m sure it’s on his website. It has replaceable glass for those that wanted that option, but is only 2 ml, because more and it would leak. Sorry if someone already answered, im running on plane travel lag

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Compared to a clr coildhead if they made the zenith with a horizontal coil instead of vertical like now it would be a little bigger because the housing is bigger to start off with.

Many including its makers said thats what the ares is for naw the vape is different with that tank give us the option for the zenith the tech is already there as the Isub using a similar coilhead like the Zenith just smaller and had the rebuildable head option.

The clr is very simple setup that have vaped with for years until the topfill zenith came out but they were easy peasy to work with. Many times over would just dry burn the coil and insert new cotton and its like new again ! Still use them as well.
I get that. I’d love a rebuildable option for it too. But, they’ve been pretty clear that it’s not going to happen. I was underwhelmed with the Ares. We’ll see what the next version is like.

Those that already have the zlide say it’s pretty much like the zenith. At least the slide cap locks if you use their dt (no wet pockets). And because they took the juice flow shut off out, it brought the price down. If the week of release they’re under $20, they’ll be even cheaper in a month or so. That’s a much more inviting price for a smoker looking for a setup to quit with

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Found PB’s comments on FB....

Working on an Introduction Video for the tank now and will post it here later. The ZLIDE has to be limited to 2ml. Our goal was to produce as cost effective a tank as possible. So we had to get rid of the auto-liquid-shutoff. We still want people to have as good experience as possible which includes the tank not flooding when top filled. This limited us to a 2ml capacity. Anything more and we risk flooding when filling without the shutoff. Hope that makes sense.

Note that this is not a replacement for the Zenith, just another high quality mouth to lung option. We have future plans for the Zenith and it's not going away.”

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I'm most curious about those "future plans" for the Zenith.
The maybe good news is, if you love the zenith as it is, the old will hopefully go on clearance when the “upgraded” version comes out, whatever that is. I already have several nib stored away for the future. I realized buying ten tanks to find one I loved was a huge waste of money. Zenith ticked all the boxes for me for a non rebuildable, so I haven’t looked at any others since. I did buy a Flint, and find the included tank pretty close to the zenith on af. And, I’ll probably buy the z-biip since it takes the zenith coils. It’s a nice pocket/stealth size.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
VaporDNA has the ZBlip now-for $49.99. I thought last week they listed it for $24.99?
a lot of places had it listed for 20 something because they didn't have it in stock....now that they do they are showing the actual prices....bad business practice there

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
The Z Blip hit MVS this afternoon-$47.99. After using their TENYEAR code that brought it down to $43.19. I did pay shipping because I didn't add anything to get it up to $50.00. I had a $50.00 gift card from my recent birthday, so I didn't mind the shipping..

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
The zlide performs just like the zenith, just a touch tighter. Pro is it can be disassembled for cleaning, con is it’s 22mm only. Removing the dt to refill doesn’t bother me, but replacing it with another dt makes the slide back top non-locking. The slide is nice and firm, so I don’t think it would open by accident if you do replace the dt. Z-biip is similar on af to the zlide. But,the z-biip it WILL work with zero af holes open giving an even tighter draw. I use the zenith with all holes open, and while the z-biip IS tighter, it’s not tight in a hard to pull af through way, it just takes a longer draw.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I don't know if anyone is interested in getting more of the Zenith 4mL tanks that come with the 0.8ohm and 1.6ohm coils, but...MFS has listed more of them. They're in their Hot Deals section for $16.95 (available in SS, Black, & Red). If you use MFS10 coupon code, you'll get 10% more off = $15.26 each. That's currently the lowest price I've found in the US now. Most vendors that still have any of those particular ones...are all $22-$26.95 now.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I don't know if anyone is interested in getting more of the Zenith 4mL tanks that come with the 0.8ohm and 1.6ohm coils, but...MFS has listed more of them. They're in their Hot Deals section for $16.95 (available in SS, Black, & Red). If you use MFS10 coupon code, you'll get 10% more off = $15.26 each. That's currently the lowest price I've found in the US now. Most vendors that still have any of those particular ones...are all $22-$26.95 now.

Great deal indeed! I'm probably being dumb, but I can't find the hotdeals part for the life of me. I've even searched by zenith. Can you link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread