Innokin Zenith MTL tank--Phil Busardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Ì have had the problems right out of the box on both. I started at 15 but have gone up and down to see if I could figure out the problem. Played around with air flow too. Nothing. The only thing I noticed is it is a lot worse when the coil is first used. After a few hits it gets better but still bad.
Have you tried blowing through the drip tip with the airflow loosely covered by a paper towel while the device is not on a mod? Sometimes it just clears the excess juice.
Also with the zenith if you leave the fill port open too long it will flood a little and needs to be cleared by blowing through the tank.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Ì have had the problems right out of the box on both. I started at 15 but have gone up and down to see if I could figure out the problem. Played around with air flow too. Nothing. The only thing I noticed is it is a lot worse when the coil is first used. After a few hits it gets better but still bad.
    Personally, I prime well and keep under 10w for a while - 1.6.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I don’t know ... I have a fresh .8 in now at 15.5 watts, af open fully. Maybe it’s flooded?? Try blowing into the dt and see if that clears it. I don’t prime mine, just fill and do a couple draws with no power first.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Hmm... never had flooding problems on any of my tanks or coils, but I will say I vape super low on most of the coils. I start raising my wattage from 10 w on the 1.6 coil when it is STARTING to die. Heh.

Man do my coils last forever, too. For me with the Zenith less is so much more.

Anna

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    Ì have had the problems right out of the box on both.

I had flooding/gurgling/leaking hassles with a couple of the factory installed coils...

Once I replaced them with coils from new 5 packs...I've had no further flooding/gurgling/leaking...

:2c:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Yeah well I just flooded the hell out of my two zenith tanks by filling them UP and forgetting to turn the closure to closed because I was all packing up my vape juices and like, well, NOW they are less full than before and while the catastrophic leaking is not as bad as a Nature's True tank, it's not exactly pretty, either.

I blew them out and they are fine, albeit LOWER in fullness than they were when I started.

You can try to organize too much, too quickly as your ADHD meds are wearing off, I guess.

I better get on Pizza Hut quickly because like, soon I may not remember my new address.

Anna

Reactions: NolaMel

Ace80s

Jul 24, 2019
    I had flooding/gurgling/leaking hassles with a couple of the factory installed coils...

Once I replaced them with coils from new 5 packs...I've had no further flooding/gurgling/leaking...

:2c:

Ah ha. That may be my problem. I got so frustrated and stopped using them. Still have factory coils. I'll try a change.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Ah ha. That may be my problem. I got so frustrated and stopped using them. Still have factory coils. I'll try a change.

Maybe it's time to look at rebuildable atomizers. Cost goes down as you rebuild over and over compared to buying vendor coil heads. A $7 spool of wire and a $10 box of Sally's Cellucotton could last you for years. Once you learn to recoil and rewick you can do it in just a few minutes.

These are all rebuildables except for the Zenith that was included in the list.
    The #1 Best MTL Vape Tanks You Can Buy (Beginner & Advanced Tanks)

Last edited:

Ace80s

Jul 24, 2019
    Maybe it's time to look at rebuildable atomizers. Cost goes down as you rebuild over and over compared to buying vendor coil heads. A $7 spool of wire and a $10 box of Sally's Cellucotton could last you for years.
    Yeah, I have been looking into it. I need to use up some of the $19,568 worth of tanks and coils I already have first....

yzer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    I endured a lot of flooding with the Innokin Zenith Zlide and the 1.6 coil. Yep, I've tasted the juice. A lot. But I think that I have a handle on it now.

I'm using a high percentage VG juice. 95% VG, 5% water. Unflavored. When reading about my issues and fixes keep this in mind. My high percentage VG may or may not have an effect on Zlide flooding issues. I like my DIY juice. If an atomizer can't work well with it then I find another atomizer before changing the formula.

-Wattage is important. If vaping under 9 watts the coil is much more likely to flood. Prime a new coil well. Use about 5 drops of liquid and let it soak 10-15 minutes before using it for the first time. Install the new coil and blow out the excess liquid before filling the tank.
    -Watch your watts and battery charge. If the battery can't manage 9 watts then change it out. I use 18500 batteries with my Sigelei V5.
    -Technique for blowing out flooded coils: Remove the air flow control ring and dry it inside and out with Kleenex. This can usually be done without taking the air flow control rings apart. Leave the coil in place but dry the base of the Zlide and the installed coil. Hold the Zlide upright, place Kleenex around the coil base and blow it out by blowing into the drip tip. Make sure the coil stays seated in the Zlide base. This blow-out may be accomplished with a filled tank. Dry the coil base with Kleenex and reassemble the Zlide.
    -Air flow control ring adjustment. I experience the least flooding with the airflow control fully open (four holes open) at all times.
    -Overfilling the Zlide may result in burning a coil. There should be a small bubble of air in the tank after filling.
    -Abrupt changes in the Zlide tank temperature may cause flooding. I sometimes see this in mornings when the Zlide is near 60 degrees F and I start vaping in a 90 degree car.
    -Vaping with the Zlide in temperatures over 90 degrees F may result in flooding. If you want to vape a Zlide in warm weather then prepare to stop vaping when the tank gets very warm to the touch and let it cool down. Vape again after cooling.
    -Zenith coil quality control could use improvement. About 20% of the coils seem to fail prematurely after a few days. I usually get 3-4 weeks of life out of these coils so I'm mostly impressed. I'm using unflavored, non-dyed juice. I am now beginning week 4 with my current 1.6 coil.
    -Be prepared to wipe the Zlide and your APV clean once or twice a day with a damp rag. The Zlide likes to backfire a little vapor out of the air control ring holes after every hit. This vapor will condense onto your gear. This also means that drying the coil base and the air control ring is something that must be done at least every other day.

I like the Zenith Zlide and intend to keep using it despite the fair share of quirks and fussiness.

Ace80s

Jul 24, 2019
    I endured a lot of flooding with the Innokin Zenith Zlide and the 1.6 coil. Yep, I've tasted the juice. A lot. But I think that I have a handle on it now.

I'm using a high percentage VG juice. 95% VG, 5% water. Unflavored. When reading about my issues and fixes keep this in mind. My high percentage VG may or may not have an effect on Zlide flooding issues. I like my DIY juice. If an atomizer can't work well with it then I find another atomizer before changing the formula.

-Wattage is important. If vaping under 9 watts the coil is much more likely to flood. Prime a new coil well. Use about 5 drops of liquid and let it soak 10-15 minutes before using it for the first time. Install the new coil and blow out the excess liquid before filling the tank.
    -Watch your watts and battery charge. If the battery can't manage 9 watts then change it out. I use 18500 batteries with my Sigelei V5.
    -Technique for blowing out flooded coils: Remove the air flow control ring and dry it inside and out with Kleenex. This can usually be done without taking the air flow control rings apart. Leave the coil in place but dry the base of the Zlide and the installed coil. Hold the Zlide upright, place Kleenex around the coil base and blow it out by blowing into the drip tip. Make sure the coil stays seated in the Zlide base. This blow-out may be accomplished with a filled tank. Dry the coil base with Kleenex and reassemble the Zlide.
    -Air flow control ring adjustment. I experience the least flooding with the airflow control fully open (four holes open) at all times.
    -Overfilling the Zlide may result in burning a coil. There should be a small bubble of air in the tank after filling.
    -Abrupt changes in the Zlide tank temperature may cause flooding. I sometimes see this in mornings when the Zlide is near 60 degrees F and I start vaping in a 90 degree car.
    -Vaping with the Zlide in temperatures over 90 degrees F may result in flooding. If you want to vape a Zlide in warm weather then prepare to stop vaping when the tank gets very warm to the touch and let it cool down. Vape again after cooling.
    -Zenith coil quality control could use improvement. About 20% of the coils seem to fail prematurely after a few days. I usually get 3-4 weeks of life out of these coils so I'm mostly impressed. I'm using unflavored, non-dyed juice. I am now beginning week 4 with my current 1.6 coil.
    -Be prepared to wipe the Zlide and your APV clean once or twice a day with a damp rag. The Zlide likes to backfire a little vapor out of the air control ring holes after every hit. This vapor will condense onto your gear. This also means that drying the coil base and the air control ring is something that must be done at least every other day.

I like the Zenith Zlide and intend to keep using it despite the fair share of quirks and fussiness.
    Holy book, haha. Thanks for the info. So basically your saying lite up a cig. Just kidding! I'll play with her 'till she's happy. Wait, what did I just say.....

yzer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    Holy book, haha. Thanks for the info. So basically your saying lite up a cig. Just kidding! I'll play with her 'till she's happy. Wait, what did I just say.....
    Well, I won't go that far. I quit cigs a long time ago. Carto tanks were the least fussy atomizer I have ever used. Loved them. I punched my own cartos. But, good quality cartomizers are no longer available. Besides, the Zenith coils contribute less off-flavors than the old cartos and they (usually) last longer.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Yeah, I have been looking into it. I need to use up some of the $19,568 worth of tanks and coils I already have first....
    You could always do what I'm doing and save them for when you're more decrepit. Or just feeling lazy.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    I used Zeniths exclusively for seven or eight months and did not have the problems @yzer describes. Of course, my juice was never higher than 80VG and usually closer to 65, and I didn't vape below 11W except when breaking in a coil. I did not vape at lower wattages for a tank or two with a new coil, just primed the hell out of it before installing and then over the course of the next hour or so ramped up the wattage to my preferred level. I filled the tanks to the brim. Didn't have condensation problems. A couple of the coils that came installed in the tank were duds; otherwise, the .8s and 1.6s were fine and lasted a long time. The mesh coils (.48 and .5) failed more quickly (in a week or so, generally). I don't take my vapes out and about, and where I live the temperature fluctuations aren't drastic, so I can't say anything about flooding under more peripatetic conditions.

tl;dr: Not everyone has had to coddle the Zenith.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread