The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Innokin Zenith MTL tank--Phil Busardo

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by cardsfan300, Dec 12, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Storm52

Storm52 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 27, 2014
    Shreveport, LA
    Any thoughts on why the 1.5Ω needs breaking in? I haven't pulled the trigger on purchase, especially since I use the original nautilus; and now a kabuki in the rotation, not to mention coil supply of 2 years on hand.

• Like Like x 1
  2. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Got it yet? Interested in hearing how you like it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I have no idea other than they're kind of large, robust coils. Some things just... are, though. I think this may be one of them. If it's any consolation, the coils seem to last forever, once broken in. I would use another 1.5 coil head, for sure (I would put storebought juice in the first two tanks though, also).

Anna

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. ricks

ricks Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Have you had any luck with yours? I still want one of these but I keep getting other tanks instead.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I find it to be a likeable tank. Is it the be all and end all of tanks? No, not really, although I will say I haven't tried the "magic" 0.8 coil yet, but my 1.5 coil just won't die! But it's flavorful, certainly and the design is nice and durable. It's easy going the coils last forever, and the topfill is truly nice, and super easy to deal with. To me, this tank isn't supremely revolutionary, but is a very nice, reliable tank, and it vapes quite well for a 4 ml tank, and I enjoy the flavor and coil life. I'd say you won't be disappointed if you get it, but it's also not anything "revolutionary" as far as MTL tanks go, just a nice, dependable and well-built tank. I enjoy mine for what it is, a very nice addition to my MTL stable. Given the coil life especially (coils aren't cheap, sometimes I think manufacturers base coil price on coil longevity) it's a nice tank to have. I don't RAVE about it, say, compared to the Ares, which I find to be a bit of a flavor monster, but I think the consensus is the 0.8 coils are the way to go. I will certainly be trying mine (I will say, my vape on the 1.5 coils is surprisingly cloudy, without being "thirsty" I get really large clouds with not a lot of juice, but the juice I use may have something to do with that-- I am currently using 90% Vg with 10% DW (other than flavors) since I am PG sensitive.

Best of luck deciding.

Anna

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. tgs3

tgs3 Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 3, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    Loaded up my brand new zenith this morning. That was easy. Took a draw and my bad luck with tanks seems to be continuing. The taste was burnt. People have mentioned that it takes a few refills to break it in. Hope that is the case.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I put a freaky mix in mine and thought it was "burnt" for a bit. Nope, it was my juice. Don't sweat things too much if you are on the 1.5 coil, things will start to taste different, I think. I was pretty sure my coil was dead a couple times in the process... Or are you using the 0.8 coil?

How'd you prime it? I find the coils to be kind of monsterously huge, I let mine sit for a while and then primed it and increased wattage slowlllly. But, it may just be the funky "starting out" taste.

Good luck!

Anna

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. ricks

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Thanks Anna, Higher VG in liquids produce more clouds. I also find it is too sweet for me. I prefer high PG liquids because it's a better flavor carrier and I love the throat hit it gives.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ricks

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    What are you vaping it at? What's the wattage at?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. tgs3

Supporting member
    Aug 3, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    It is definitely not the juice. I made sure to use one that I use all the time. As to priming, I loaded it up and let it set a while.

That might have been a problem. I didn't try it at first on a variable wattage device. The first couple of draws were at 14w. I then tried it on an aspire zelos at 9w and frankly the taste was worse. I am going to stick with this tank for a while. Hopefully, I will be posting a more positive update in a day or two.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Jingles

Jingles Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 18, 2011
    Ohio
    I am waiting on the stainless steel coils. I think they will get better flavor. When the current coils get slightly burnt, all I can taste is metal! Supposedly Phil and Dimitri are testing the SS coils now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. r77r7r

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Braver man than me. I'd have poked holes in it, and set it in a cup to soak awhile. Then primer hit it til gurgling and start the wattage around 7.5 maybe.

Thanks for popping back in for the feedback. Appreciate it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. sizzla68

sizzla68 Full Member

Aug 24, 2014
    France
    I use only the 0.8 ohm coil and they work very well full flavor , no leaks

Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  14. daveinleics

daveinleics Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    England
    I vape at about 12 Watts so I find that anything less than 1 and a bit Ohms just doesn't work so well for me. I have not had any problems with a burnt taste (apart from when it nearly ran out of juice). I agree with Anna - it is not the be all and end all of tanks but I find it comparable with the Nautilus coils as fixed coil tanks go.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jasbur

jasbur Full Member

Feb 21, 2011
    NJ, USA
    Mine have not leaked anymore after the problem with the initial fills. I've kept them upright (so no pockets or any other scenario that would put them sideways) and haven't let them sit unused longer than overnight.
    Hopefully the good luck continues when it's time to change the coils!

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. tgs3

Supporting member
    Aug 3, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    Update: I vaped with the Zenith on and off yesterday morning. Filled the tank before I left for work. When I got home ten hours later, it had 'broken in'. Everything is good for now. Happy I got it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. gerrymi

gerrymi Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    Anna...any problems with leaking???

(Leaking [minor, occasional] is the only hassle I'm having with my [current favorite] eGo ONE Mega V2 Tanks.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    No leaking here. None, ever. I guess I would check the O rings and whatnot. But mine's been really dependable....

Anna

19. r77r7r

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I have to imagine that it may be better than the nautilus for some. My Zenith tank surely is. With a 1.2 coil and better af and juice flow @ the same wattage. I like the top sliding fill rather than my Zenith screw on but not if it slides off in my pocket.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nailz

Nailz Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I've had one for 2 weeks, as said, it is nothing mind blowing about it, but it does what it is meant too, give a decent MTL vape, easy to work with.

I've only had mine leak once, and that was user error, I didn't fully close the top fill, and it leaked the whole tank out to let me know :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1