Innokin Zenith MTL tank--Phil Busardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
As one who's main vaping devices for four years were seven Nautilus Minis and who's Emergency Stash includes seven GS Airs I can confirm that you really don't need a Degree in Engineering/Nuclear Physics to operate a Nautilus Mini or indeed any other bottom fill tank.

Yes top fill is simpler and quicker ... but not like hours quicker.

I still have two working Nautilus Minis left and there are still days I prefer their draw and flavour to a Zenith; the only trouble I have found with them is that after a few years hard service the seals fail and there are a lot of fake coils for them now being sold even by chain vape shops.

Last edited:

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Kudos to www.elementvape.com

One email (with photos) to customer service and within a few hours of being open for business they sent me a return label and instructions how to return for an exchange/refund.

Glad you contacted them. The Zenith is a really nice tank. Good luck!

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    Yes top fill is simpler and quicker ... but not like hours quicker.

Well Falc...if it takes 10 seconds to Twist => Refill => Vape...

But...10 minutes to Remove Tank from Mod => Unscrew Bottom => Check Coil Tightness => Refill => Re-screw Bottom => Screw Tank back on Mod => Re-check Ohms => Vape...

Then...one tank with one refill per day...Top-Filling will save 60 hours of your time over one year...:shock:

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia

But...10 minutes to Remove Tank from Mod => Unscrew Bottom => Check Coil Tightness => Refill => Re-screw Bottom => Screw Tank back on Mod => Re-check Ohms => Vape...

Then...one tank with one refill per day...Top-Filling will save 60 hours of your time over one year...:shock:

10 minutes to fill a Nautilus, or any other bottom fill tank?
    That's just made me giggle a little:lol::lol:

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015

Mind you I don't ever remember being that desperate for either a smoke ( when I did) or a vape that I ever bothered about all that extra time ... and Heavens above, shock horror, I actually had to fill my Nautis twice a day!!!!

Of course I smoked a pipe for 40 years where taking it easy was the name of the game and the cleaning filling relighting, bowl polishing and grain admiring was part of the game.

I suppose if one is "a desperate little man" like the proverbial John Hardy in the old folk song this would be a matter of some import!!!

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Oh aye, being the crafy Ould Devil he is, some years ago (4 to be precise) Auld G, in consultation with his ally, Sherlock, came up with a cunning ploy to get round the time problem - he would always carry TWO (vaping) guns like the cowboys in the films he grew up watching, AND he would lock 8 watts into his iSticks so he'd never have to set them again.

Furthermore he would remember to actually purchase lottery tickets, so that when he won he could engage the services of a Butler/Valet, one of whose tasks would be to ensure that his atomisers were kept filled.

Solution.jpg

• Informative
    Reactions: gerrymi

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    As a final, I must pass on a tip discovered by my niece Susan ( like the rest of the family, a Demon Smoker now reformed ) but this only works with GS Air Tanks as far as we know - with the GS Air it is not necessary to remove the whole kit and caboodle from the mod to refill - simply turn the mod and tank upside down, only unscrew the top of the tank, fill and reconnect.

This tip, thanks to this Inventive Young Woman can save vital nano seconds in a busy day ... and so I pass it on in the interests of humanity.

Last edited:
    Glad you contacted them. The Zenith is a really nice tank. Good luck!

Well, sent it back and got the new one. Went ahead and purchased replacement coils as well and using those instead of the one supplied in the box.

So far, so good there are no issues to report but I’m only about 30 hits in using the new device/tank.

I will say that I went ahead and also grabbed a few bottles of juice and I am really liking the SUA Iced Strawberry.

Also picked up a bottle of Humble Cherry Tobacco but haven’t opened it yet.

I also picked up a bottle of Loaded Eliquids Chocolate Glazed Donut. I have to say that based on the reviews I was really looking forward to it. After 10 hits on that stuff I have formulated an opinion and I am convinced of one thing: everyone who reviewed this juice on the Element Vape.com website all need serious medical attention...PRONTO! That was disgusting. Tasted like someone had baked moldy socks into a cookie and sprinkled old fake chocolate on top if it. If these people are seriously comparing this to how a chocolate glazed donut tastes I really feel sorry for them and think we should start a gofundme account for them and send them all some real donuts weekly. But that’s just my opinion...

But again...all of the issues I was having with the Zenith tank seem to have gone away with this new one. Thanks to you all for the tips.

Quexos

ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    USA
    My Zeinth was great for a couple months, then suddenly the coils won't fit in it anymore and the twist to open top is crazy tight. They will go in if you force them, but then it gurgles and sounds like there is an alternate air source/passage randomly coming off and on (but doesn't leak). Looking at it, I can not see any problem with the seals, but it feels like the center one that holds the coil just magically shrunk in diameter or something. Very odd. Never got it too hot or anything weird like that.

This shows the major problem with the tank. You can not take it apart to clean or fix or even trouble shoot it. It's a disposable.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    Have you replaced the o ring that seals the coil head? ( 'center one' )
    Every authentic zenith comes with a replacement o ring.

Do you use flavorings known or 'supposed' to be detrimental to plastics & various o ring & seal materials?
    The list is so long and ever changing I couldn't provide one.
    They can cause seals & o rings to shrink, swell, crack and otherwise not do their job.
    Can cause air and or liquids leaks, parts that twist or turn to become very loose or very tight.

Some have luck with removing the pieces that can be, soaking in warm to hot dish washing liquid, working the airflow and twist top filling port while saturated with the soapy mix, scrubbing what you can, and a very thorough rinse & drying.
    Then replace coil head sealing o ring.

Some see the inability to completely disassemble as a positive, some see it as a negative.

It's not like anyone hid the fact they are not a delivery device that breaks down into 5 ~ 10 pieces.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    My Zeinth was great for a couple months, then suddenly the coils won't fit in it anymore and the twist to open top is crazy tight. They will go in if you force them, but then it gurgles and sounds like there is an alternate air source/passage randomly coming off and on (but doesn't leak). Looking at it, I can not see any problem with the seals, but it feels like the center one that holds the coil just magically shrunk in diameter or something. Very odd. Never got it too hot or anything weird like that.

This shows the major problem with the tank. You can not take it apart to clean or fix or even trouble shoot it. It's a disposable.
    Check to see if oring came off the coil and got stuck
    Innokin-Zenith-Replacement-Coil-5pcs_004181371273.jpg

Quexos

ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    USA
    Mine came with an extra tip and seals for the tip. What seems to be failing on mine is the inner seal (rubber sleeve) that the coil slides into. All other seals are intact and look fine. This may well be from a citrus'ey juice. Pina Colada. I have tried dishwater soak, Vodka soak, etc. Nothing brought it back. It has loosened up and seems to work fine...until you try to vape it. Then it gurgles and hisses and just generally 'sucks'.

Either way, "it's dead Jim!" Thanks for the ideas, but back to my old faithful Siren 2.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread