Innokin Zenith MTL tank--Phil Busardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I like the 1.6 coils best. The mesh coils are fantastic and a TRULY different vape but they lost flavor (for me) at about a week. It was the coil, I changed NO liquid and just put a 1.6 coil in flavor returns.

I think it offers the most flavor "notes." I am not trying the 1.2 coil as I am stocked for life on the 1.6 and liking it better would annoy me. Although I kinda hear mixed things about it anyway

Anna

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Also enjoy the Innokins vertical 1.6 ohm coilhead and also my 0.95 homemade horizontal coilhead.
Have isub-s tank that likes to weep here and there but the 2.00 ohm coil head are a tad bit too tall which i wlll fix and insert eventually into the Zenith to see how that goes its a horizontal coil unlike zeniths vertical coil and easily rebuilt .

PasoFino

Feb 6, 2020
Arizona, USA
I recently bought my first Kroma A-Zenith Kit after using a istick 30w and nautilus mini for years. Although I have been happy with that combo I wanted something more updated in looks. Really enjoying it so far but still experimenting with different coils. I always considered myself a MTL because I didn’t “sub ohm”, but after reading up on it I guess I’m more a tight RDL. I prefer only one airhole open but I still pretty much just inhale as I draw. I must say I am loving the top fill the most, got really tired of taking my nautilus apart every time I wanted to fill. So I recently started DIY ejuice, so I am able to play around with pg/vg a bit. Any suggestions on best ratio for both flavor and coil performance/longevity? I’m currently using 50/50 at 8-10mg nic. I have the 0.8 and 1.6 coil that came with it, and purchased some 0.5 plex and 1.2 to try also.

PasoFino

Feb 6, 2020
Arizona, USA
I’m sticking with the 1.6, backup is the 0.8. I wanted to love the 1.2, but I either draw too long or too hard and get dry hits with it.
I’ve noticed with the 1.2 I just tried today that if I vape like I normally do I get a slight burn taste after a few draws. I’ve read it doesn’t handle as high of a wattage as it’s rated for. If that’s the case, it’s not going to work for me either.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I’m sticking with the 1.6, backup is the 0.8. I wanted to love the 1.2, but I either draw too long or too hard and get dry hits with it.
    Yknow, I had a similar issue on another tank with a 1.2. Awesome vape until burnt. I'm thinking that it maybe having af too tight. Remember when af was introduced? It was more for liquid flow for the coil. Could adjust dt to compensate also.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    Using unflavoured or clear menthol liquid in a 50/50 PG/VG mix at 8 -10 watts with a 1.6 ohm coil I can get six weeks plus out of a coil - when it is coming towards the end of its life vapour production does go down and if I ignore that the coil will then suddenly flood and the liquid will leak out through the airholes.

After the first tank has gone through the coil, flavour does come in much better imho.

I have used 70 PG juice with this set up with no problems.

I have found that if I miss noticing the tank needs a refill and I get a dry hit, these coils are very forgiving and there is no lasting burnt taste thereafter, as opposed to Nautilus coils which when burnt stayed burnt tasting.

I have liked the 1.6 coils so much I have never been tempted to try any others.

Glad you are enjoying your set up!

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Yknow, I had a similar issue on another tank with a 1.2. Awesome vape until burnt. I'm thinking that it maybe having af too tight. Remember when af was introduced? It was more for liquid flow for the coil. Could adjust dt to compensate also.
    Phil Busardo had replied/suggested on the Innokin Platform FB page to someone with the same issue to close the af down to 1-2 holes. I run it with all of them open, so I assumed more af + deep draw wasn’t giving enough pressure to draw juice through efficiently. I tried poking a needle hole, but that didn’t do much. Too much effort when the original two coils work great for me for weeks between changing.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    Oddly enough I have only ever run mine with at least two holes open, often three and sometimes four and never had a dry hit except on the way back from the boozer on a Friday night if I'd forgotten to check how much liquid I had left before setting out homeward.

Posted from the bar in the County Hotel Selkirk btw!

drysprocket

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I only run 1 hole open and got burnt hits. It's more the wattage range that's the issue with me for the 1.2. Using one on the Biip for a few weeks now at only 11 watts is fine. And it works pretty well although it's not as warm as I'd like. But using it on either the Biip or Pro tank at anything over 11watts is pretty much instant dry hits/burnt coil.

Innokin seems to be aware of the issues from my emailing with them last month.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I very much like the 1.2 coils. I run the airflow wide open and run the wattage 12-13.5. The coils are lasting me over a month each but I have several setups in rotation so it's not used a lot but some each day.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I very much like the 1.2 coils. I run the airflow wide open and run the wattage 12-13.5. The coils are lasting me over a month each but I have several setups in rotation so it's not used a lot but some each day.
    That’s why I worked back to it being my draw. You and I are at the same spot, but it’s working fine for you. Perplexing

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    That’s why I worked back to it being my draw. You and I are at the same spot, but it’s working fine for you. Perplexing

I’m running 14.5 watts on one in my zlide that’s about a month old. I’m not sure how old the one in my zenith is. I’ve been running Nets in it.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I’m running 14.5 watts on one in my zlide that’s about a month old. I’m not sure how old the one in my zenith is. I’ve been running Nets in it.
    I’m usually at 13.5w, all holes open. I’m glad I’m not the only one who has nooooo idea when the coil was last changed! On the 1.6 unflavored I go several months, flavors I think probably monthly. Could be longer. For a while I was keeping track to see how long they last, but lost the scrap of paper after about a month lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread