Innokin Zenith MTL tank--Phil Busardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Any suggestions on best ratio for both flavor and coil performance/longevity?

(I'm about 2 pages behind...so realize this is probably NOT in the "flow" of the thread...but)...

When I switched from 70VG/30PG to 50/50...I did NOT notice any real change in flavor or clouds...

BUT...I was able to see an appreciable decrease in the amount of "VG film" on my home and car windows...:thumbs:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Any suggestions on best ratio for both flavor and coil performance/longevity?

Am editing this post...a day later...since the above posted TWICE!!!

Seem to have trouble when trying to post to a page with 20 posts already on it...(making the new post the first one on the next page)!!??!! :shock:

Last edited:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Well - I've been using from 13-14 w/ zlide/Zenith . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

I do 13.5w on the 1.6ohm. For me, it’s perfect. The 1.2ohm coil has been an unhappy experience, so this time I’m running it at a lower wattage to see if it’ll behave for me

I agree with Hitt on the 2ml zlide... it’s markedly tighter than any of the others. But, I use either zenith or zlide with all holes open. It would work great for a real MTLer

Last edited:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I’m running the 1.2 at 10 watts, anything higher and I can’t vape without a break in between hits.

It’s kinda disappointing that I cant hit this coil as hard or as high as the 1.6 in wattage because the flavor is just so good.
I only have two left in the box, then I’m done trying to make them work for me.

VapingMattCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
West Palm Beach, FL
I like the 1 ohm RDL coil. To me it has best flavor and vapor production and I like a warmer vape. I bought the Zenith Pro to use with my P3 Provari which has not been used in 3 years. Innokin store which is in the US does have the spare glass and shipping is only $3.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Here the 1.6 is vaped at 12 watts.
The re-buildable coil made at .95 ohms is vaped right around 9- 10 watts as it has a horizonttal coil with much less cotton than the store bought vertical coils and works great with no leaks.
Phil said doubtful long time ago when i inquired about a re buildable coilhead for the Zenith so i made my own from one of their heads . ; )

Last edited:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Here the 1.6 is vaped at 12 watts.
The re-buildable coil made at .95 ohms is vaped right around 9- 10 watts as it has a horizonttal coil with much less cotton than the store bought vertical coils and works great with no leaks.
Phil said doubtful long time ago when i inquired about a re buildable coilhead for the Zenith so i made my own from one of there heads . ; )
You’re far handier than I!! Barring a zenith rba, I’ll have my stash of boxes to use.

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
San Fernando Valley, So-Cal
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been back in the thread but I've been so busy.. I've been having major problems with these coils lasting.

The 1.6ohms are all I use. On average I feel I have to change these out around 500 hits (that's every 3 to 4 days for me). My last coil lasted strong with over 1200 draws registered but this one right here started tasting bad at around 270 draws.

I mean I just don't get it.. When I put the juice in there it's a bright orange color (Ruthless Juice "Easy does it" Salt Nic) and then turns into this dark mess.. Is this normal? The color changed and I'm only at 264 draws?

I'm already at the end of my vaping journey and plan on winding this all down by years end but I have to ask.. Does anyone else here have this problem with the 1.6ohms? What is the average number of draws you guys get? I've been buying mainly from element vape and MyVaporStore.. Was this a bad batch, bad luck or am I doing something wrong.

Every coil I start at 10W. At around 50 draws, I turn my aegis legend to 10.5 and then at 100 I turn it up to 11W. I almost never go to 12W let alone 14W. Any ideas or any suggestions where you guys have been buying your coils?

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

sorry I forgot how to post pics..
Thanks

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hey guys, sorry I haven't been back in the thread but I've been so busy.. I've been having major problems with these coils lasting.

The 1.6ohms are all I use. On average I feel I have to change these out around 500 hits (that's every 3 to 4 days for me). My last coil lasted strong with over 1200 draws registered but this one right here started tasting bad at around 270 draws.

I mean I just don't get it.. When I put the juice in there it's a bright orange color (Ruthless Juice "Easy does it" Salt Nic) and then turns into this dark mess.. Is this normal? The color changed and I'm only at 264 draws?

I'm already at the end of my vaping journey and plan on winding this all down by years end but I have to ask.. Does anyone else here have this problem with the 1.6ohms? What is the average number of draws you guys get? I've been buying mainly from element vape and MyVaporStore.. Was this a bad batch, bad luck or am I doing something wrong.

Every coil I start at 10W. At around 50 draws, I turn my aegis legend to 10.5 and then at 100 I turn it up to 11W. I almost never go to 12W let alone 15W. Any ideas or any suggestions where you guys have been buying your coils?

Thanks

My coils last a lot longer than that. However I mix my own liquids. A lot of commercial liquids have a fair amount of sweetener and that will make coils go bad quicker.

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
    Nov 26, 2015
    San Fernando Valley, So-Cal
    My coils last a lot longer than that. However I mix my own liquids. A lot of commercial liquids have a fair amount of sweetener and that will make coils go bad quicker.
    Thanks for the reply.. may I ask how long? Just trying to get an average here for us 50/50 salt guys and the 1.6ohm coil.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Thanks for the reply.. may I ask how long? Just trying to get an average here for us 50/50 salt guys and the 1.6ohm coil.

I don’t know that it really matters but I don’t use salt nic. The coil I changed last night was at least a month old. However I’ve got 4-5 mods and tanks going at a time. I don’t pay much attention to how much liquid I run through each tank or puff count. I wish I could be more help.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    About a month, give or take. I also diy, no sweetener added. I think that’s the big difference. I have a tank with unflavored that I don’t remember when it was changed, but it’s perking along just fine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread