Status
Not open for further replies.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Been using my Innokin Itaste MVP, the newest version with Ego Threading and I'm very satisfied with it. Yes it accepts a Kanger t3. I'm a heavy vaper, been vaping with a Kanger t3 which my Ohm tester says is at 2.6ohm at around 4.2v [According to Unit output, but real output is 4.1]. I'm going on 47 hours 5:00pm Friday until 4:00 pm Sunday and I'm still in the Green!

I have a talent to trash units in the first few days. And almost had to return the Innokin.

Let's Start With the Tricks.

I like Box mods because they are more stable than the top heavy tubes. Put em down on the table without any thought and they stay stable. Do the same to a tall tube mod and it's rolling across the table to the floor.
Well the Itaste MVP has an annoying slight wobble. Most Vapers wouldn't care, but me it drove me nuts. Luckily before I bought it I watched videos on you tube and came across Fields of Vapor trick to get rid of the wobble[Go to 7:25 Second] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqjuXs2536galso the hexagonal type bit you need is t7 found at radio shack. They were nice enough to let me open the tool kit and do it there.

There is a trade off. You do it by unscrewing it than while unscrewed pushing the External Power on/off button to the side and rescrewing, so you won't be able to use the unit to charge your phone or other devices. I really don't care about the charging feature and wobbly unit really bugs me, so I made the choice to mod my mod.
I only pushed the button a notch over, look below at the picture.
itaste mvp button.jpg

Let's go with the Tips
Tips:
1. The Innokin has around a .12V drop under load at the 4v level so if you are at 4.1 you'll actually get 3.98 as long as you know this than it isn't a dealbreaker because the voltage is rock solid. I tested it with my voltage meter and held the button for 10 seconds and the voltage never varied.
2. I've standardized on a Kanger T3 but last night experimented with the Vivi Nova 510 connection and also my Voltage Meter, 510 connection. When I went back to my Kanger it wouldn't fire. Uh Oh. Luckily I had a pick
pick.JPG

The pin in the center unit was pliant and I was able to pull/pry it up a notch and my Kanger T3s now work.
I learned my lesson and am just going to stick to the kanger.

3. Form Factor- this isn't really a tip but I should mention that the length of this unit is slightly shorter than the Ego Twist 1000 and way shorter than the Siglei Zmax
This is a picture side by side.
Size of Unit1.jpg

So far I'm very pleased with this unit and feel it's going to be my all around vaping unit.
It's sleek, small, super battery life, and with the mod very stable. Voltage is stable and consistent.

What remains to be seen is how long it lasts.

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Tomadc, you beat me to that Utube :)

Also be aware that when the puff counter rolls from 999 to 0, the MVP will do some odd things - like firing itself for a bit. It's being called a "cleaning cycle", sort of like what you might do to dry burn a coil. Have no idea why they put that in, but it's there.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Tomadc, you beat me to that Utube :)

Also be aware that when the puff counter rolls from 999 to 0, the MVP will do some odd things - like firing itself for a bit. It's being called a "cleaning cycle", sort of like what you might do to dry burn a coil. Have no idea why they put that in, but it's there.

Man you guys are good with your hands, I wouldn't even attempt that kind of work. My fix is for the everyman, your fix is for the techy type.

I'm very impressed that you dissasembled it filed it and reassembled, but I'm sure that I would have botched it.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Well, I've watched the utube, but haven't done it myself. Doesn't look too hard, as long as you're gentle and patient. As he says, you don't want to take off too much.

The other thing I thought about, watching, was why not just leave the silver button/tab off and put it back together? Might have to use a pen tip to switch modes, but no sanding, and still have the ability to switch....

Reactions: bladebuddy

Merlin21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Northern New Jersey
2. I've standardized on a Kanger T3 but last night experimented with the Vivi Nova 510 connection and also my Voltage Meter, 510 connection. When I went back to my Kanger it wouldn't fire. Uh Oh. Luckily I had a pick
View attachment 189180

The pin in the center unit was pliant and I was able to pull/pry it up a notch and my Kanger T3s now work.
I learned my lesson and am just going to stick to the kanger.

Hey Tom thank you very much for the review. I exclusively have been using Kanger T2's and have stocked up on replacement heads. I am having the same issue, my T2's fit perfectly but will not fire. I don't want to go down the road of finding a new delivery unit. I cant see from the picture but did you pry up the center post from your Kanger or the MVP, I tried using a plier to pull out the kangers post and was left with the post in one hand and the body in the other, no bueno :facepalm:. It's a brand new unit and I do not want to mess it up. Thanks for any advice or light you can shed on this.

Edit: I can use the T2's with a 510 to Ego adapter and the beauty ring to cover it up but it does add length to it when it shouldn't be needed.

Last edited:

djtonyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
Big Pine Key
There's a few things that lead me to believe the eGo connector is not exactly the same as others... not glaringly, but slightly out of spec. I ordered a T3 (not impressed) and it worked just fine with the head that was included, but the replacement heads absolutely will not screw down enough to fire... have to use a 510-eGo adapter (given up on the T3 for now, anyhoo.). The skirt that came with my ProTank is just slightly too tall, but the ProTank will fire if I pull the pin. I have to do it every time I remove the tank, which is less than ideal. The solution for that was to switch to a plain small eGo skirt, which screws down far enough so that the tank makes contact every time I swap it out. These are small issues, and easy to work around for me... I still highly recommend this mod to anyone who wants to try vv at a decent price with a phenomenal battery life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread