Robin Becker

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2018
Berlin
Yesterday and today appeared on a forum in Germany (EDF) following images:

40T_Fakes.jpeg

40T_Fakes.jpeg
40T_Fakes_01.jpg

Seems to be Chinese made cells, that are rewrap with so-called genuine 40T sleeve. You can see on the buttom, that the sleeve is not really "tight".
batteries are 21.7 mm diameter (the 40T is supposed to be 21.3 mm) and were purchased here:
√ 3avape, Premium Vape Store

For your information and intention

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
...and you think they didn´t know about that? It is like believing Vladimir Putin on saying, there are no russian soldiers on the Crimean peninsula :D
I too am a cynic, but I've learned to give people the benefit of a doubt if I don't have enough information to incriminate them.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Thank you for the notification Robin. Well 3avape is going on the never purchase from list. Unless they come out with a public apology and refunds to anyone who purchased them they need to be avoided at all costs. They had the desire cut mod for crazy cheap I little while back. Now I wonder about it’s authenticity

• Agree
Reactions: chellie

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Yesterday and today appeared on a forum in Germany (EDF) following images:

Seems to be Chinese made cells, that are rewrap with so-called genuine 40T sleeve. You can see on the buttom, that the sleeve is not really "tight".
    Batteries are 21.7 mm diameter (the 40T is supposed to be 21.3 mm) and were purchased here:

For your information and intention

I couldn’t find the EDF forum to check for more pictures. Is there a set of codes on the metal can, near the top? The second character of the first line of codes should be a zero. Under investigation is the possibility that the top line of codes could also be “N40T” but I’m not sure yet it’s a genuine code.

No codes up there = fake.
    Different number = fake.

The production 40T’s are being released about now and there’s a possibility that they changed the can. IMO, I don’t think so but it’s possible.

7D5008A6-CE14-4D3C-B35A-2BB7E18943BD.jpeg

Last edited:

Robin Becker

ECF Veteran
    Feb 3, 2018
    Berlin
    Ist das eine Samsung 40T Zelle oder nicht?
    In one of the images (very small) I added you can see even 3 codes...but the Minus side looks very Lishen a like and even the diameter of 21.7 mm speaks actually for Lishen...
    tailland in General I agree with you and a retailer should always have to react...however no professional seller can tell me, he can´t recognize between a counterfeiting that is so obvious. An if a retailer does not have time for quality control, he is not professional enough for me...

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Ist das eine Samsung 40T Zelle oder nicht?
    In one of the images (very small) I added you can see even 3 codes...but the Minus side looks very Lishen a like and even the diameter of 21.7 mm speaks actually for Lishen...
    tailland in General I agree with you and a retailer should always have to react...however no professional seller can tell me, he can´t recognize between a counterfeiting that is so obvious. An if a retailer does not have time for quality control, he is not professional enough for me...

I agree...unless Samsung changed the can for the production release. :)
    While I think they are fakes, especially since they don’t appear to have Samsung codes on them and could very well be Lishens, I always hate to make any definitive statements until I have seen all newer versions of the cell.

Thanks for that link!

• Agree
    Reactions: Robin Becker
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread