Not open for further replies.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Got this beast about a week ago. This mod pretty much laughs at my other regulated mods and I got some sick regulated mods. I posted a link in the description on YouTube for the preorder form. Here's a flick I made on it.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Hey SuperX
Whats that thing cost? Your opinion for value per dollar etc...
I checked the Sun Box site and couldnt find the E9 monster, I know they make it but no info on the Sun Box Store.
Also would you play a little roller blade hockey with this mod??? hehehehe

Cost is 440 euro + shipped from Italy bro. They come anodized in different colors - he only made like 4 milled like mine.

There's a link to a preorder form in the video description.

Hell no I wouldn't abuse any mod that cannot be replaced or one in that price range.

Value for dollar is basically in te eye of the beholder. IMO this mod is such a innovative departure from the typical squonker aesthetically, battery / juice capacity and conductivity that I am pleased with my purchase. I have some straight up baller regulated squonkers that I recently purchased that are basically being ignored since this beast was ripped out of the box.

I know that there are those who think "DNA 40 tho?" My response is that I vape between 18-28 watts on a regulated mod. Ramp up is not an issue with the simple efficient coil builds I use.

Yes some chips have more features (that I don't even remotely care about at this point in my life like temp control and gimmicks for wire type and display options) and there's always that "dude I need more power" faction of vapers.

I would offer that a lesson in coil building would greatly help most of those within that faction and I'm guessing they would realize that it's their building game that's weak not the chip.

Reactions: muzichead

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Meh,,,, I'd much rather see a DNA75 on a single 18650 than another DNA40 or 26650 regulated mod, that would progress.

Be ready for weak battery!

Lol yes the battery was dipping as that vid was shot and I noticed it while editing the vid. But ~12 ml on a battery is damn epic for me.

DNA 75 or higher - considering the vape I get from the DNA 40 mods I have I guess I know not what I'm missing. Certainly not the power, ramp up or novel settings. Battery life, juice capacity and standard li-on batteries trump all that for me especially in a mod that's quite compact and looks rad as hell.

Reactions: muzichead

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
Agreed Russ, it looks rad as hell. This will be a $500.00USD mod and that doesn't include any stab wood :)

At that price point, I want something that can do more than temp control with Ni200 and only 40 watts. Once you vape on a DNA75/200 or SX350JV2 it all becomes clearer - that ability to tune your vape beyond watts/temp should be a min requirement for any "high-end mod". Not to mention DNA40's don't have a good time with 26650's and their high internal resistance.

A fancy box with 2-year-old technology won't make me spend that kind of money.

Just my :2c:

I know that there are those who think "DNA 40 tho?" My response is that I vape between 18-28 watts on a regulated mod. Ramp up is not an issue with the simple efficient coil builds I use.

Yes some chips have more features (that I don't even remotely care about at this point in my life like temp control and gimmicks for wire type and display options) and there's always that "dude I need more power" faction of vapers.

I would offer that a lesson in coil building would greatly help most of those within that faction and I'm guessing they would realize that it's their building game that's weak not the chip.

This is what you used to say about all regulated mods when your mod of choice was a REO :)

Last edited:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Another great vid Russ. If that thing had a DNA 200, was a clone of a Sunbox, and was made by the fish, there'd be all kinds of kudos in here and they'd be lined up around the corner wanting to throw $500 at it and not even flinch... Haters will be haters though!! I don't necessarily care for the shape of Sunbox's or the clone, but whatever keeps you off the stinkies man, whether its at 21w or 200w!! Its good to see a little creativity from Sunbox at least. Vape it like you stole it my friend!!

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
Another great vid Russ. If that thing had a DNA 200, was a clone of a Sunbox, and was made by the fish, there'd be all kinds of kudos in here and they'd be lined up around the corner wanting to throw $500 at it and not even flinch... Haters will be haters though!!

Too bad there isn't a "guy looking in the mirror" emoji on this forum ;)

Undoubtedly Sunbox will sell every single e9 produced. Will it work well, hell yes. Is it for everyone, hell no.
Oh yeah,,,,, I own one of those fish mods and it kicks serious .... Currently vaping it at 25 watts :toast:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Looking forward to the 7.5 for sure!

TC with SS in temperature dominant is very good. I didn't use TC either until Evolve came out with temperature dominant mode.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
The E7.5 looks sick too. As does the new E8 Kompact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread