Not open for further replies.

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Hello :)
Once you see how long you can get out of a coil you can try to time it to where you Vape all the juice in the tank before you really have to change the coil. That cuts down on the waste part. Sometimes you can wash them coils under warm water and get a few more days out of them too. That should be on TouTube too.

nwohiopma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
NW Ohio
Thank you - I need Vaping for Dummies :)

Hello :)
Once you see how long you can get out of a coil you can try to time it to where you Vape all the juice in the tank before you really have to change the coil. That cuts down on the waste part. Sometimes you can wash them coils under warm water and get a few more days out of them too. That should be on TouTube too.

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Hi again...the local vape shop gave me 2 metal things with wicks attached and said to take the CE4 apart and replace it when it tastes burnt.

1. Isn't it messy? Or...? Wastes juice?

2. Is there a video of this procedure?

Thanks so much. These are questions I thought of once I got home.

Definitely go to YouTube. The number of vaping "how to" videos is pretty amazing.

It's not all that messy. It's something I did at the sink, yes. You'll lose a little juice but not big amounts. It's easy and changing out the coil head is something you'll need and want to do. They don't last forever.

nwohiopma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
NW Ohio
It says CE4 on my receipt, and it does come apart. So how do I find out exactly what I have? I'm so confused...I don't know how to find out what kind of equipment I have. My local shop isn't giving out a lot of information, guess they want me dependent on them.

Rebuild a CE4?

Good luck with that. It's not a rebuildable.

Are you sure it's not a CE5?

- -

??

nwohiopma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
NW Ohio
So I'm using the wrong lingo? The guy at the store definitely said CE4 and to take it apart and replace the wick with the metal parts. I really wish I knew what I was talking about...I'm sorry.

I think they are talking about replacing the coil unit and not rebuilding it.

Never mind, disregard, did not fully read the next statement.......

nwohiopma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
NW Ohio
The piece of metal holding the wick is threaded and does unscrew like you said. So he actually sold me a CE5? He definitely called it a CE4 and that's what I paid for. I will ask him to show me the CE5 the next time I go there. Thank you.

If it works how I think it works, then the coil head unit should unscrew from the center spire and the new one should just screw on.

If this is the case I would assume that they are selling CE4s as CE5s.

Simply Red

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
I'm here, when I'm here
Confusion saver...It was nice of your B&M to give you a couple of coils/wicks to replace yours when needed. If you have to change the wick right after you fill your tank, it can be a PITA and waste liquid because your wicks are saturated with liquid. Might even be one of your favorites and that will pi** ya off.
If I might suggest an inexpensive solution. A Kanger Evod. Kanger eVod bottom coil clearomizer - Red
imagejpg1_zps7e8882c4.jpg

You can turn the tank up-side-down, remove the base and change the coil and not loose any juice.

Add: Keep in mind. The tank I suggested above is polycarbonate. There are liquids that will crack/melt this material. I only use glass tanks for this reason. An alternative could be http://www.sun-vapers.com/buy/kanger-protank-mini-ii-version-2/ and it uses the same coils/wicks as the Evod.

Last edited:

nwohiopma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
NW Ohio
Thanks so much - this makes a whole lot more sense than wasting liquid.

Confusion saver...It was nice of your B&M to give you a couple of coils/wicks to replace yours when needed. If you have to change the wick right after you fill your tank, it can be a PITA and waste liquid because your wicks are saturated with liquid. Might even be one of your favorites and that will pi** ya off.
If I might suggest an inexpensive solution. A Kanger Evod. Kanger eVod bottom coil clearomizer - Red
imagejpg1_zps7e8882c4.jpg

You can turn the tank up-side-down, remove the base and change the coil and not loose any juice.

Add: Keep in mind. The tank I suggested above is polycarbonate. There are liquids that will crack/melt this material. I only use glass tanks for this reason. An alternative could be Kanger mini Protank II V2 (dynamic tip) - Sun-Vapers.com and it uses the same coils/wicks as the Evod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread