Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again and welcome back for today's review of the Intake MTL rta from Augvape in collaboration with Mike Vapes. This is the MTL version of the very successful Intake RTA that was also a collaboration with Mike Vapes. This RTA is 24mm and comes with a bubble glass as well as a straight glass tank that both offer good capacity. This is a top air tank as the original Intake is and uses 2 tubes to feed it's airflow from top to bottom and emerge under the coil. There are some differences with the MTL version though that will be covered in the review later on but first let's get to know some details of the Intake MTL RTA. This RTA was provided to me from Sourcemore and can be purchased using the link and with this coupon code INMT drops the price to $22.89. Augvape Intake MTL RTA Φ24mm 3.1ml/4.6ml

COLOR CHOICES

Intake-MTL-RTA-11.jpg

INCLUDED WITH THE TANK

Intake-MTL-RTA-22.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

AT-0069_02.jpg

JUICE CAPACITY

Intake-MTL-RTA-14.jpg

TOP FILL

Augvape_Intake_MTL_RTA_Top_Filling.jpg

TOP TO BOTTOM AIRFLOW

Augvape_Intake_MTL_RTA_Airflow.gif

RESTRICTED DL VAPE

Augvape_Intake_MTL_RTA_Restricted_DL_Vape.gif

MOUTH TO LUNG VAPE

Augvape_Intake_MTL_RTA_MTL_Vape.gif

MANY AIRFLOW OPTIONS

Augvape_Intake_MTL_RTA_Air_Hole.jpg

REVERSE THREADED SCREWS

Augvape_Intake_MTL_RTA_Screw.jpg

BREAKDOWN OF RTA

Augvape_Intake_MTL_RTA_Structure.jpg

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS

The Intake MTL RTA comes packaged as most vape gear does in a box that sits inside a sleeve. The RTA comes with the straight glass installed and looks much better than it does with the bubble glass. Included with the RTA is your user manual, warranty card, spare post screws, spare o-rings, spare top cap gasket, 2 coils, and 4 additional airflow diffusers of various sizes besides the one that is pre installed.

20210413_163238.jpg

Unlike the original Intake RTA the post screws on the MTL version are reverse threaded and there is labeling on the deck itself to remind you. The change from the traditional screws are to keep the coil from distorting when tightening, I personally don't care for reverse threaded screws because they always seem to want to push the coil legs out of place and I don't think that they were needed in this RTA. Included are 5 airflow reducers of various sizes that also match to the airflow hole diameters and are screwed in using a flat head screwdriver. The supplied coils are to small to be used so I suggest that you add 1 wrap and space them out a little as shown below in the 2nd picture.

20210413_164139.jpg

20210418_113548.jpg

The top cap has some knurling helping you get a good grip when unscrewing, the top cap comes off with just a quarter twist and holds tight when screwed on. The Intake MTL has 2 big juice fill ports allowing plenty of air to escape when filling. The below picture shows the top cap removed and once removed the outer airflow ring can be removed for cleaning.

20210418_080132 (1).jpg

20210418_115750.jpg

The Intake MTL gives you 2 ways of using the airflow, one way is by using individual holes or you also have the option of using the cyclops air slot and fine tuning using a series of air holes , either way work just fine and I preferred the cyclops style with the 2 smallest holes open. Either style used provided quiet smooth airflow and produced very good flavor. To change settings just turn the airflow ring, there are hard stops either way it's turned.

20210418_081808.jpg

I am a user of Rayon for my wick preference and Rayon must be very tight in the coil so the NI-80 coils that were supplied being so delicate especially in a MTL configuration would not work for me , the coils material is not provided but I'm pretty sure it's NI-80. I decided to make a simple 5 wrap 28 gauge 2.5 diameter coil that ohmed out at 1.06Ω. This simple build would show just how good the flavor was. When wicking remember to rake your wick tails greatly so the capillary action works well. Remember to not pack the tails , leave some wiggle room in the wick slots.

Working on the deck is pretty tight because of the 2 Intake air tubes that run on either side of where the coil is placed, it's tight but manageable.

20210413_171840.jpg

20210415_131605.jpg

The flavor is very good even with the simple build that I started with even though the top of the barrel is flat with no conical shape at all, it's because of the 2 air feed tubes that it's like that.

This RTA is built solid and has some heft to it, it's design looks high end with no over branding just Intake MTL scribed on the barrel. I like a large capacity tank but hate tall ones and some bubble glass just looks out of place on some tanks but I think the bubble look just fine with this one. I was sent the gunmetal color and it matches up well with mods of similar color.

20210418_062749.jpg

I have tried the different airflow reducers except the smallest, that reducer just looked like it would be like sucking a milkshake through a straw, I found that the reducer that it shipped with already in place was my favorite and with the many options for airflow the Intake should please almost any vapers airflow style from a tight to very loose MTL vape. You can also run it with no airflow reducer for a restricted DL vape.

20210413_180113.jpg

PROS

* Attractive

* Good Flavor

* Many Airflow Option

* Solidly Built

* Smooth Airflow

* Quiet

CONS

* Reverse Threaded

* Supplied Coils Not Adequate

FINAL THOUGHTS

I think the Intake MTL RTA should satisfy not only MTL vapers but when the airflow reducer is removed it can vape RDL also. Having so many options of airflow is it's big attraction and surprisingly not having a conical or domed barrel top the flavor is very good .

The juice capacity using either straight or barrel glass is good and being a somewhat short tank is also a nice selling point, tall tanks are easily knocked over.

The biggest tip I can give is to rake the wick tails to maximize the capillary action and don't pack the tails, leave some wiggle room for the wick tails.

I have to say I thought after seeing a flat barrel top on this RTA that flavor would suffer but that turned out not to be the case, this is not the best flavor tank but it gives good flavor.

The only 2 cons that I have are the reverse threaded screws and I wish that the screw heads had a bigger head making it easier to capture the coil legs especially using thinner round wire, I also can't believe that Augvape allowed this to ship with the supplied coils, they needed 1 or 2 more wraps, if you do intend to use them carefully add 1 wrap and space them a little bit before trying to install and use them as they are ( you will thank me later ).

All in all I'm very happy with the Intake MTL RTA and will continue to use it. I hope that all your questions were answered in this review and that it helped anyone looking to purchase it.

I would like to thank Lilia and Sourcemore for providing the Intake MTL RTA for the purpose of this review. Don't forget to use the coupon that I mentioned in the beginning of the review. COUPON CODE INMT $22.89.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    You are spot on with adding an extra wrap to the stock coil. For me, with the extra wrap the tank hits perfect on an unregulated mod (chip protected mech) in it's stock configuration.
    I'm glad it worked for you, Augvape should never have let those coils go out in the form they are.

avpx1

ECF Veteran
    Jan 22, 2015
    As a quick follow up...
    The screws appear to be the same as the grub screws for the Limitless Plus which are M3*3mm but of course reverse threaded so I haven't been able to find anything similar on the net, basically out of luck.
    I've reached out to Augvape directly to see about extra screws or spare parts kits.
    I'll report back.

Thanks

Reactions: bigbob2322

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    As a quick follow up...
    The screws appear to be the same as the grub screws for the Limitless Plus which are M3*3mm but of course reverse threaded so I haven't been able to find anything similar on the net, basically out of luck.
    I've reached out to Augvape directly to see about extra screws or spare parts kits.
    I'll report back.

Thanks
    Good luck in your search.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread