Interchangeable LTV9 carts? --> LoongTotem/Bloog/Smoke 51/Red Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

belladonna

Mar 14, 2009
Los Angeles
Hi,
I have the e-cig with the cartridge that has the atomizer inside the cartridge, that I got from epuffer. As stated before, I don't want to deal with epuffer anymore...
Was checking out this forum...
I learned there are a bunch of e-cigs with the atomizer inside the cartridge and that they are all the same model/clone of a model called the LTV9, distributed under the names Loongtotem, Bloog, Smoke51 and Red Dragon.
But my question is, has anyone discovered yet whether the carts are interchangeable? Like can I buy some carts from Smoke51 or Bloog and screw them onto my epuffer batteries?
Thank you! Awaiting your response! :rolleyes:
PS ... just ordered my first mini e cig 901 from Phil at e-smokey treats - (he's a nice dude... I like that there's actually a live human being to talk to!)
PPS In the meantime, puffing on a yucky bad/old/clone version of what was supposed to be a fantastic 401. Kind of hard to believe they can get any better... Where should I buy the real 401 again?

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
yep the carts are all compatible with the models you mentioned. The brands you mention all come from one of two factories: the source product and factory is bold. the re-branded versions follow:

Loong Totem > epuff > smoke51 > greensmoke
e-cig.com > bloog > red dragon

The carts and batteries can be mixed-matched but the batteries will only charge in their own respective chargers

Last edited:

moukin

Apr 1, 2009
Hi, folks. I'm new and I thought I should piggyback onto this thread since it seemed most relevant to my question. I'm sorry if this was answered elsewhere and I missed it.

My husband just purchased the $100 kit from Smoke51 (thank you to Leaford for the nice discount code).

This is his first time trying electronic cigarettes. Assuming he likes them, we were wondering which of the above mentioned sources are the most reliable and most affordable for cartridge replacement? (since they are all compatible, right?)

Since these things don't seem to be available in local shops, we need to be sure to keep in stock if he wants to stop smoking completely.

For now, I don't think he's interested in DIY refilling.

Obviously I can go to each shop and look myself at costs and shipping, but I'm also interested in reliability and personal experience.

Thanks so much!

-Ty

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Ty, all of them are kind of touch and go as far as stock levels go. But Smoke 51, being the big boy on the block, tends to sell out less. Bloog and Red Dragon have been out of stock most of the month.

I've found a couple others, but I'm still checking them out, and they're either low or out of stock, too. Demand seems to be outstripping supply all around.

moukin

Apr 1, 2009
The cartridges at Loongtotem seemed to be well priced especially at 30 or 50 cartridges at a time (30 for $40.50). Are the LTV9 and LTV10 cartridges the same as the Smoke51? What's the difference between the 9 and 10?

Loongtotem seems to list them as "LTV9/LTV10" cartridges, so I was figuring that's the right one to get, just didn't want to make a mistake there.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
The cartridges at Loongtotem seemed to be well priced especially at 30 or 50 cartridges at a time (30 for $40.50). Are the LTV9 and LTV10 cartridges the same as the Smoke51? What's the difference between the 9 and 10?

Loongtotem seems to list them as "LTV9/LTV10" cartridges, so I was figuring that's the right one to get, just didn't want to make a mistake there.
Yep, that's it. Pretty sure the only difference is the v9 has a regular charger, the v10 has a USB charger.

Except I did just realize that shipping from them would be high.
Aye, there's the rub.

Ok, have run the numbers on buying 6packs or the equivalent of 28-30 cartridges from each of the above retailers.

Seems like our best bet is to go with Smoke51 using Leaford's discount code. :) Thanks!

UPS shows the kit arriving tomorrow. I'm hoping he likes it. He's looking forward to not being banned to the front porch for all his smoking.
My pleasure! :thumb:

sascha

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2009
NW Indiana
im interested in the v9.....checking suppliers as to who has them in stock

are the carts refillable?

I'm new to this and can refill mine easily. I just pop off the rubber stopper (mouth end) and drip a few drops in around the edges, being careful not to get it into the tube in the middle. The only issue is that some are made well and great for many refills, and others don't work as well. If it gets a bit burnt inside, it's toast and you can't refill it because you can't take the insides out to clean like you would a polyfill cart model.

I found the price before shipping with the dsc-142 discount at smoke51 was $136.50 for 75 carts (15 5pks) which is 1.82 ea. Loongtotem.com is $1.35 ea regardless of quantity before shipping. Can anyone tell me if they have had problems recently with loongtotem? I am thinking of buying from them.

Smoke51 has been jerking me around with a cart order for almost a month now. I haven't ordered yet from Loongtotem because I have a decent stash that are good refillables. And aren't LT's refills a lower nic level? I don't remember for sure, but I thought they were. I guess it's no problem if your refilling, and I may have to join you in giving them a shot, since they are becoming hard to come by.

BigLance

Feb 27, 2009
Issaquah, WA
Yes, there's a passthrough from e-cig.com, the u9. Bloog is planning to stock them, too. You know, when they re-stock anything that is. ;)

And, no, the Vapor King is different and not compatable. There's no passthrough for it yet.

I have a VaporKing and a Red Dragon and e-cig E9 (Red Dragon, Blook, e-cig E9 are are the same thing and compatible with LTV9), I'm going to call these all E9-style carts for the sake of this post. The carts for the Vapor King also fit on the E9 batteries, and on the U9 USB Passthrough from e-cig.com (available now). The only difference with the carts is that the VaporKing Carts have a shorter depth thread than the E9-style carts, so they don't screw on all the way, but they are completely stable. I must have smoked 75 vapor king carts on my Red Dragon batteries, E9 batteries, and e-cig U9 USB Passthrough with no issues. I usually order the Vapor King carts since they fit on both types of batteries. On the other hand the E9-style carts do not fit on the Vapor King.

You really have to ask yourself what the difference is. The Vapor King carts taste and are constructed almost identically to the newer style carts from from Smoke51 or premiumecigarette (E9-style). If you're doing a USB Passthrough config with e-cigs U9, it really doesn't matter which carts you order (Vapor King Style or E9 Style, except for the fit)

The thing about carts for the bloog/Red Dragon/e-cig is that if you order them from Red Dragon, or e-cig they seem to be an older style. They come 4 in a pack. They taste terrible compared to the Smoke51 E9-style carts, or the vapor king carts. If you take them apart they are obvious differences. The older type of E9 Style carts, use wound paper to hold the e-liquid, and when they vape they taste like sucking somthing through a wet paper towel and the vapor is kind of dry. I've tried a dozen flavors and they all taste like this. The Smoke51 carts and the Vapor King carts all come 5 to a pack and taste sooo much better. Inside is more of a sponge like material. Works and tastes much, much better.

Another very economical source of carts (with a quantity discount) is at premiumecigarette. The PR111 seems identical to the vapor King. The carts for it are exactly the same size and construction as the Vapor King carts. They too work on the Vapor King or E9 style batteries & USB Passthrough. I've ordered the PR111 twice from premiumecigarette, and they come very quickly. Vapor King's carts come quick too from Vapor4Life, but cost a little more.

Regardless of what carts you get, they always work better on my Red Dragon or e-cig E9 or e-cig U9 passthrough. The vapor king batteries produce slightly less vapor, and it is not as dense. You have to take longer draws with the VaporKing and the hit is not quite as strong.

My recommendation is to to do an e-cig USB Passthrough E9 or use an E9-style battery (or Red Dragon, LT-V9, Bloog) and use whichever carts you want, just make sure you don't get the old style. Order from premiumecigarette, Vapor4Life (VaporKing carts), or Smoke51 using Leafords discount code. If you prefer the VaporKing Carts or PR111 carts, just pop them on the E9 and it is the same thing.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Gotta dispute the claim that the VK carts fit the LTv9/E9 batteries. The threads are different. I can't even get a VK cart a teeny tiny bit of the way onto the E9 threads.

The new Smoke 51 carts are made by the same manufacturers as the VK, but the threads are made to fit the LTv9/E9 batteries. But the batch I have, at least, doesn't produce much vapor.

I haven't tried PremiumeCigarettes yet, but I believe those are VK compatable, not LTv9/E9 compatable.

BigLance

Feb 27, 2009
Issaquah, WA
Strange, Leaford, I'm smoke a VK cart from Vapor4Life on a e-cig u9 USB passthrough right now and had about 8 of them today on both my Red Drag batteries and E9 batteries. I've placed 3 orders through Vapor4Life and 2 from PremiumeCigarettes and they all work for me. Like I said, they don't screw on all the way down, but the threads match. Seems strange. I don't don't you as an expert, yet I'm doing it now. I'm a heavy esmoker. Something must be different for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread