Interchangeable Parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

navyblew

Dec 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Hello All,

Very new here. I just ordered an ecig from Totally Wicked, it is a model DSE901 (or their comparable model), but it did specify DSE901.

Anyway, my question is this, how many ecigs out there use interchangeable parts? I've looked at Blu Cig, Smoke Anywhere, njoy, etc, etc, etc... they all look pretty much the same.

Can you put a Blu Cig battery on a Totally Wicked atomizer? Can you put njoy carts on a Smoke Anywhere ecig?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, and I'm hoping to get off real cigarettes very soon!

-K

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Some are; some aren't. [How's that for an answer?;)]

Part of the answer lies in not confusing supplier/marketer with manufacturer ... and in identifying the actual model number for the device that is being marketed under a brand name. For example, Totally Wicked sells four different e-cig models.

1. Their "Titan" (for which they are best known) is a Joye 510, the single most popular model today (at least among ECF members). Scores of suppliers carry it, most using the name "510." Other brand names include Dura and Yeti. And companies other than Joye manufacture 510s. All are compatible with each other.

2. However, you are referring to Totally Wicked's "Mini," which very clearly is a DSE901, and compatible with any other DSE901 (and its battery also is compatible with Kr8 cartomizers).

3. TW also sells a 10 cm (i.e., 100 mm) "Super-Mini." I was going to speculate that it might be a 98 mm Joye306 (aka Janty Mini Fogger), but that has an exposed bridge atomizer, not what I see in TW's photo, so I don't know. [If you only knew how much I hate saying that.:mad:]

4. Their fourth model, the Screwdriver, is best left for another discussion. It's a "Mod" and a different kind of thing altogether. In a sense, it's a different (and much longer lasting) battery for your DSE901 atomizer.​
Both the Smoking Everywhere Gold and NJoy (not to be confused with Joye) NPro are the RN4081 and, therefore, compatible with each other. blu and Volcano are both L88, compatible with each other, but not with a DSE901 (e.g., TW's Mini).

* Smoke Anywhere is yet another supplier/marketer. I've heard of it, but not familiar with them. Their website calls one of their two models the "NPRO" so I assume [please notice that word] that it also is an RN4081. Their NCIG model clearly is a penstyle, probably the RN4072 and compatible with most of the other penstyles: DSE801, BE112, and Joye302; but not with the M201. Their "LIMITED TIME OFFER" and "Super Sale" prices are pretty good. Interestingly, they don't specify that an atomizer is included in their starter kit. Batteries, cartridges, and charger, yes; but no atomizer? [Probably an oversight on their website, but I won't assume again.;)]

As for a parts guide for "dummies" (your word:D, not mine), the closest I've seen is VapeAtron's Model Guide. There are some errors in there, but some of them come from the manufacturers' own websites, so we can't blame VapeAtron.

Have fun straightening all this out. And keep asking questions! That's how we all have learned what's what: from each other.

Last edited:

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
FWIW, Blu/Volcano/L88b atty's and batts are cross compatible to a degree with 510's. You can use a 510 batt on a L88b atty and vice-versa. Its handy if you want a passthrough for the L88b, you can use a 510 PT. But the polarities of the batteries for both models are opposite, so you cannot use 510 chargers on an L88b battery or vice-versa.

Aaron S

Dec 26, 2009
Denver
I just wanted to add to this....

I have a I have a Blu set, Totally Wicked 510 set (which I am really starting to doubt is actually Joye brand because of overall performance.) and a Joye 510 set from Rocky Mountain Vapor. (this set has out performed the TW Titan set in EVERY way.)

The Blu set I started with and replaced VERY quickly. I have found that the Blu batteries ARE compatible with 510 attys, and Blu atty's with 510 batteries. However the power draw off the Blu batteries is very poor and I usualy only get 8-10 drags off a charged Blu battery with a 510 atty.

However, Blu's chargers will NOT work with 510 batteries due to the difference in thickness.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Wow... that was probably one of the best responses I've gotten from a message board on my first post.

Thank you very much Good Sir. It is appreciated.

You, sir, are welcome. And thank you for the praise! [Although my feet of clay:oops: are showing, based on the information provided in tinstar15's post.]

"Good" I like, but "Sir" is unwarranted. My knighthood hasn't come through yet.:D [Nor is it likely to; I'm a pretty loyal American, albeit a bit of an Anglophile.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread