The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Interested...how much e-juice do you use in a day??

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by SkuttleBug, May 23, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SkuttleBug

SkuttleBug Full Member

May 8, 2013
    San Antonio
    I was just curiuos how much juice everyone consumes in a day? I know this is going to fluctuate for a variety of reasons but still curious.

I have been analog free for a week today and loving it. I was also wondering if anyone else is having the issue with being stuffed up? Since going analog free I am vaping more, some days more than others. I have noticed that the days that I vape more I wake up stuffed up and just dont feel that good. Am I consuming too much nicotine or is it the vapor or is it the VG/PG mix that Im using?

2. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    Depends on the day. On average 5-6 ml. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

3. wv2win

wv2win ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    The average daily usage based on polls is 3 - 5ml. I use about 5 ml.

Drink more water.

4. MDV39

MDV39 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 21, 2012
    New York
    too many variables but I am also around 3-6 mls a day.

5. KY_Rob

KY_Rob Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2013
    Kentucky
    On average, I vape about 4ml's a day...some days as little as 2ml's, and my highest actual usage for a day was 12ml's (tried dropping back to 4mg juice, and realized I needed to chain vape all the time :) )

6. El_tecolote

El_tecolote Moved On

Apr 10, 2013
    Could be the mix, but more than likely it's your body and specifically your throat and nasal passages becoming accustomed to something new. From previous posts related to this one, it seems most people vape between 3 to 5ml per day, some more, some less.

7. Vapoor eyes er

Vapoor eyes er ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    I vape 2-3 ml per day. In regards to feeling stuffed up make sure you're hydrating.
    PG and VG are humectants...
    A humectant is a substance used primarily in foods and cosmetic products to help retain moisture. These substances are called hygroscopic, which means that they are able to absorb ambient water. These hygroscopic compounds posses a chemical structure that attracts water from the atmosphere and binds it to various sites along the molecule.
    When we inhale PG/ VG it "traps" the moisture in our mouth, throat and nasal area and thus the vapor. The real problem arises when the body is dehydrated and begins "stealing" moisture from other parts of the body to keep key organs hydrated. Add to that more than 3 cups of java or caffeine based soda drinks and severe dehydration can occur.
    Ask any chemist and they will tell you the same. I drink 2+ liters of water per day and no more than 3 cups Java per day.

Realize also PG will coat certain areas. I gargle once per day with fresh lemon and water and also use a nasal rinse.

8. Frantic9k

Frantic9k Super Member ECF Veteran

I vape around 5-6ml a day.

9. Ken62

Ken62 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 23, 2012
    Weatherford, Texas
    I'm at the 5 month mark and when I started I was using 6+ mg per day. Now I use between 3 - 5 depending on what I am doing. I have found that when I am busy I don't think about getting a "fix" like I did when I used tobacco.

10. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Also, something else you should take note on. You're starting to go through the nasty detoxification from cigarettes. Stuffiness, headaches, coughing and a whole list of other things will/may hit you.
    I go through between 3 and 8ml a day now.. Started at like 12ml+

11. gthompson

gthompson Free at last Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2011
    Tennessee, USA
    The only "right" answer to this question is "as much as it takes to keep me from craving a cigarette".

12. Litta'sGabby

Litta'sGabby Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

If I am home and able to vape, I can vape as much as 5 ml per day, but usually it's 2-3 ml per day. If you are worried about how much you are vaping, you can purchase 0 nic juice and vape away without the nicotine. I plan to eventually get to 0 nic on my juice, put have no plans of stopping vaping! :laugh:

13. SkuttleBug

SkuttleBug Full Member

May 8, 2013
    San Antonio
    THANK YOU to everyone for there comments!! It seems like the average is about 3-5ml a day. The day that I felt really bad I think I vaped somewhere around 4ml. I was chain vapping lol I was drinking a lot of water but I guess I need to drink more. I also did think about withdrawl from analogs might play a part but the last time I quit for a few months didn't have any of those side affects.

14. evgeny131

evgeny131 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2013
    Los Angeles
    i have 4 4ml tanks full at the beginning of each day...
    used in rotation at the end of the day they are all about 2/3-3/4 full...
    anyone care to do this math? too early...
    rough guess...
    6ml

15. Jeff Mccollum

Jeff Mccollum Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2013
    las vegas
    i vape about 4 to 6 ml a day depending on what device im using at the time

16. Knittinglady

Knittinglady Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2013
    USA
    When I started, I was about 2-3 mls a day, now that I really am into it about 5 mls a day. The problem with me is, if I have a new flavor I love I vape the heck out of it. Then I calm down until I get another new flavor :ohmy:

17. Gone Digital

Gone Digital Full Member Verified Member

May 23, 2013
    London
    A colleague at work who got me onto vaping has commented that with certain liquids he cant sleep at night. Has anyone else experienced this ?
    Since i started im probably doing 5-6ml a day, but noticed i have very bad wind problem and they smell badly lol.

18. hvac999

hvac999 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    I use a Boge F16 carto tank which has cut my use in 1/2. I use between 3.5ml and 4.5ml.

19. dragoi90

dragoi90 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 4, 2010
    Albania
    I have quit analogs for about a month now and i vape 4 to 5 ml per day.

20. mare ze dotes

mare ze dotes Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    WI/Boston
    Good and true. I chain vape all day, but I only do 2.5 to 3.2ml a day and get my HUGE nic fix. i wonder if the people that use the big honking setups might rip through the juice more than my little eGo friends no matter how much is actualy absorbed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.