Interested in a backup mech. Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Last edited:
Reactions: Don29palms

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Yeah, thanks. I saw in one of the reviews that he modified the 510 attachment, replaced the bottle with a higher quality one, and sanded the battery contacts lightly. I could easily do that.

My next research project will probably be finding another squonk rda. I only have that Reomizer whose cap fits very loosely.

Any recommendations? I'd probably use a single coil around 0.5 ohm.

My top three single coil RDAs are getting hard to find, Recurve, Bunker, and .Blank. I bought a few of each. Looking for other recommendations though.

Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
@Baditude sorry if it was mentioned, but have you considered the REO P67? It has contoured edges and the firing button is on the side. REOs Mods is closing on 9/20 though and I'm not sure what they've got left in stock.
Nice. :thumb:

Do you own one yourself? Do they still have the option for heavy duty innards for lower sub-ohm vaping? I probably won't build lower than 0.4 ohm.

P-BW-BACK.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Don29palms

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Nice. :thumb:

Do you own one yourself? Do they still have the option for heavy duty innards for lower sub-ohm vaping?

P-BW-BACK.jpg
I do, I've got a hammertone P67 and love it. It does have the heavy innards, quite capable of moderate sub-ohm. If you've ever held a Woodvil, it's the same form factor, just smaller.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
How about the battery door. Magnetic? My Reo Grand uses a door that slides too easily.
Yes, magnetic. The doors vary in how tight they fit from mod-to-mod, so I can't say whether or not it will slide too easily on a P67 if you get one. Mine fit snugly enough to not be an issue, FWIW.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Yes, magnetic. The doors vary in how tight they fit from mod-to-mod, so I can't say whether or not it will slide too easily on a P67 if you get one. Mine fit snugly enough to not be an issue, FWIW.
Yeah, I haven't had much luck with my Reo setup. I've had so many issues with my Reo Grand and Reomizer, that's the single issue that makes me wary. I do realize that other owners haven't had many problems with Reo products. Maybe it's me. The fact they are going out of business also makes me wary. You'd think the prices would be much lower being they won't be open for business in a couple of days. I'll watch to see if they drop the price tomorrow.

Last edited:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Yeah, I haven't had much luck with Reos. I've so many issues with my Reo Grand and Reomizer, that's the single issue that makes me wary. I do realize that other owners haven't had many problems with Reo products. Maybe it's me.
The Reomizer part of that has changed a lot, because these days there's a ton of BF-ready atomizers ready for squonking. The door issue can actually be remedied to a degree if it's too loose. Rob posted a video on youtube a long time ago showing how to bend the door slightly, such that it fits without the magnet (he did this because someone had the magnet come out, which is fixable, but this is another way to do it). Seems to hold it in place pretty tight, actually.

Anyway, just mentioning it. There's a lot of options out there. Hope you find something you love :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The Reomizer part of that has changed a lot, because these days there's a ton of BF-ready atomizers ready for squonking. The door issue can actually be remedied to a degree if it's too loose. Rob posted a video on youtube a long time ago showing how to bend the door slightly, such that it fits without the magnet (he did this because someone had the magnet come out, which is fixable, but this is another way to do it). Seems to hold it in place pretty tight, actually.

Anyway, just mentioning it. There's a lot of options out there. Hope you find something you love :)
Thanks, and good points about the atomizer thing.

I remember right before Provape closed they were offering Provari's for near manufacturer's "cost to build " prices. Doesn't appear Reo Mods is doing that.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Thanks, and good points about the atomizer thing.

I remember right before Provape closed they were offering Provari's for near manufacturer's "cost to build " prices. Doesn't appear Reo Mods is doing that.
No but supposedly they're running everything at 50% off, according to an e-mail they sent out. The website may not be updated with that...to be perfectly honest, the whole reason they're selling the business is health issues. They haven't really been on their game business-wise as a result of that. May be worth reaching out to clarify the price if you wind up being interested. Or look in the classifieds to see if anyone's letting one go.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
No but supposedly they're running everything at 50% off, according to an e-mail they sent out. The website may not be updated with that...to be perfectly honest, the whole reason they're selling the business is health issues. They haven't really been on their game business-wise as a result of that. May be worth reaching out to clarify the price if you wind up being interested. Or look in the classifieds to see if anyone's letting one go.
Good to know about the 50% off, but what if I order one and it has a defect (like with my Reomizer) and they're not open for replacement? Still a risk IMHO. Customer service wasn't acceptable with this group in my personal experience. I guess my search is ongoing.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Dr. Seuss

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2019
I may not make any friends with this post but, here goes...

I was checking out the Reo’s and I don’t quite understand what all the hype is about. They looked a little “janky” in design, not even factoring in the rather steep price they were asking. For the money I think there are better options. Just my opinion, but there seems to be a following. That always interests me, when an undeniable number of people really like something that I just don’t get.

Case and point, bend the door? That’s so ghetto. On a $10 Chinese mod from fasttech, maybe. A Reo commanding the price it does, absolutely not. How about instead of you bending the door, they fix their design and manufacture quality. For that kind of cash the door needs to work. Again, just personal opinion and I’ve never used one.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
How about the battery door. Magnetic? My Reo Grand uses a door that slides too easily.
I have a new p67, 2 magnets fell off in first 2 days,, glued them back. But 1 refell out last night,,, 1 magnet seems fine holding the door on.

The bottle is not good,, especially if you are starting to have hand/finger issues. A10mil bottle fits inside but I would have to grind the inside of the case a bit to make the door work smoothly,,, it bulges a bit. Meantime my supply of squonk bottles are not working out so I just ordered a few dif ones from FT in the 8 ml size..... I'll let you know how they work out when they get here. Meantime I am looking around the house/stores for spray bottles with tubes,, the tube that comes with mine is just a bit too tight. Now as far as form factor and how it works is great.

Ot,- I bought 2nudge on sale $5 a couple of months ago, both have factory cracks at button,,, relief cuts??? Overall great for handling and performance,, but 1 has pretty much collapsed,,, it has very good parts for a Frankenstein down the road.

Incase anyone is wondering,, there are 3screws holding on that square shield,,, 2 are under the magnet,,, give it time and you will see it when the mod falls apart.- had this mod been metal not plastic,,, probably a major winner

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I may not make any friends with this post but, here goes...

I was checking out the Reo’s and I don’t quite understand what all the hype is about. They looked a little “janky” in design, not even factoring in the rather steep price they were asking. For the money I think there are better options. Just my opinion, but there seems to be a following. That always interests me, when an undeniable number of people really like something that I just don’t get.

Case and point, bend the door? That’s so ghetto. On a $10 Chinese mod from fasttech, maybe. A Reo commanding the price it does, absolutely not. Again, just personal opinion and I’ve never used one.
I hear you, valid points, absolutely. I personally know little-to-nothing about more modern mechs as I switched to regulated a couple years ago. When I got into squonking, they were really the only notable company and their products have never failed me. I hold onto my P67 and Woodvil as backup but honestly don't use them unless needed one day.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have a new p67, 2 magnets fell off in first 2 days, glued them back. But 1 refell out last night,...

The bottle is not good, especially if you are starting to have hand/finger issues. A 10mil bottle fits inside but I would have to grind the inside of the case a bit to make the door work smoothly,,, it bulges a bit. Meantime my supply of squonk bottles are not working out...
That settles it. No Reo p67 for me.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
That settles it. No Reo p67 for me.
What is your desired price range? I have a few suggestions, but knowing what you want to spend can really narrow the options down.

I'm trying to avoid those Facebook mods and limited availability ones, or I would be suggesting the Kröning 18650 box or vicious ant spade. Both are very small, rounded off edges, fire button placement is right, and made of metal for extreme durability, but both are expensive. I think they also stopped producing the 18650 spade, I have not seen them release a batch of those for a long while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread