Interesting article about JUUL and vision impairment

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
'https://imgur. com/ Ik0SKKx ]Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I'm switching to the Aspire Breeze next week, just thought I'd share this with you guys.

"Every single compound used in the JUULpod showed signs of Glaucoma development and/or long-term vision issues."

With that being said, the article goes on saying that its certainly better than smoking a cigarette and there is no reason to be worried about cancer anytime soon.

I will personally be moving away from this device though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
A poorly researched (high school?) "paper" by someone who won't even own it by putting his full name as author on it?

The one and only thing somewhat unique about juul is the benzoic acid they use to make the very high nicotine level in their liquid easier to tolerate.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
A poorly researched (high school?) "paper" by someone who won't even own it by putting his full name as author on it?

The one and only thing somewhat unique about juul is the benzoic acid they use to make the very high nicotine level in their liquid easier to tolerate.
Paper, Ross??? It's an "Article"! Says so right there in the thread title. :lol:

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
"If you are using a vaporizer make sure it is set to below 12 watts" :lol:
Sorry but this is hard to take seriously...

Also note that he has glaucoma in his "conclusion"... but concluded from what exactly? Normally you're supposed to conclude from something you demonstrated before. Is that from vg and pg being eye irritants?
Then *in his best Prof. Farnsworth voice* good news everyone, you have nothing to fear as long as you don't use your juice as eye-drops or use juul pods as monocles.

Reactions: Beamslider

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017

The one and only thing somewhat unique about Juul is the benzoic acid they use to make the very high nicotine level in their liquid easier to tolerate.
Keep in mind this isn't my "paper" or "article" a friend showed this to me and I thought it was interesting.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Basically he is saying it can be an eye irritant. Instead of tearing posters a new one that post these links lets make fun of the bozos that write such stupid articles.
Better idea, Ralph....what say we don't link and re-post this garbage so it never gets referenced on the #1 internet site dedicated to vaping? How's that sound?

Ralph_K

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2018
Better idea, Ralph....what say we don't link and re-post this garbage so it never gets referenced on the #1 internet site dedicated to vaping? How's that sound?
Yea great idea to bury your head in the sand not knowing these crap articles are out there. There should be a forum added just for these BS articles

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Yea great idea to bury your head in the sand not knowing these crap articles are out there. There should be a forum added just for these BS articles
Ummmmm....we know these articles are out there.... they're out there by the millions. Not giving them traction is a far different thing than "burying your head in the sand". But, whatever, Ralph....do what you think you need to do buddy. :thumbs:

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
Ummmmm....we know these articles are out there.... they're out there by the millions. Not giving them traction is a far different thing than "burying your head in the sand". But, whatever, Ralph....do what you think you need to do buddy. :thumbs:
Vaping is 95% safer than smoking I preach this to everyone in my life, sadly most of them believe its worse than cigarettes due to the fake articles out there.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Come on. That doesn't even qualify as junk science. It's just plain junk. And @nicotineisbomb I know you said it's interesting but obviously somehow convincing to your because your posted you were moving away from juul in the same past, suggesting that article, blog, bull:censored: was suffiently conclusive to not use juul anymore.

Really that's a link that should be tossed and a thread that should be staked and put out of its misery.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Enough. @nicotineisbomb the staff has had enough of the junk links with no hard proof with many of your posts/claims. This is the last one. No more. Any further instances will result in some rather strong actions being taken.

Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread