The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Interesting article about JUUL and vision impairment

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by nicotineisbomb, Feb 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. nicotineisbomb

nicotineisbomb Senior Member

Nov 24, 2017
    'https://imgur. com/ Ik0SKKx ]Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I'm switching to the Aspire Breeze next week, just thought I'd share this with you guys.

"Every single compound used in the JUULpod showed signs of Glaucoma development and/or long-term vision issues."

With that being said, the article goes on saying that its certainly better than smoking a cigarette and there is no reason to be worried about cancer anytime soon.

I will personally be moving away from this device though.

2. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    A poorly researched (high school?) "paper" by someone who won't even own it by putting his full name as author on it?

The one and only thing somewhat unique about Juul is the benzoic acid they use to make the very high nicotine level in their liquid easier to tolerate.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Paper, Ross??? It's an "Article"! Says so right there in the thread title. :lol:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. untar

untar Vaping Master

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    "If you are using a vaporizer make sure it is set to below 12 watts" :lol:
    Sorry but this is hard to take seriously...

Also note that he has glaucoma in his "conclusion"... but concluded from what exactly? Normally you're supposed to conclude from something you demonstrated before. Is that from vg and pg being eye irritants?
    Then *in his best Prof. Farnsworth voice* good news everyone, you have nothing to fear as long as you don't use your juice as eye-drops or use juul pods as monocles.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
    Keep in mind this isn't my "paper" or "article" a friend showed this to me and I thought it was interesting.

6. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Might not be your article. But you are linking. It has zero credibility. Show us some medical research backing it up

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
    My apologies, I didn't think twice of it even though I should have.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    I never thought it was.

• Like Like x 3
  9. listopencil

listopencil Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 28, 2017
    In Partibus Infidelium
    What perfected temperature-control protocols does the JUUL have?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Asbestos4004

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    I don't know....maybe delete this thread and start a new one with another question about Newport flavored fresh pack juices from Zimbabwe :eek:

• Funny Funny x 5
  11. Ralph_K

Ralph_K Senior Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Basically he is saying it can be an eye irritant. Instead of tearing posters a new one that post these links lets make fun of the bozos that write such stupid articles.

12. Asbestos4004

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Better idea, Ralph....what say we don't link and re-post this garbage so it never gets referenced on the #1 internet site dedicated to vaping? How's that sound?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. listopencil

listopencil Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 28, 2017
    In Partibus Infidelium
    I've heard good things about kangaroo flavored menthol juice from Qatar.

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. Ralph_K

Ralph_K Senior Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Yea great idea to bury your head in the sand not knowing these crap articles are out there. There should be a forum added just for these BS articles

• Like Like x 1
  15. Asbestos4004

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Ummmmm....we know these articles are out there.... they're out there by the millions. Not giving them traction is a far different thing than "burying your head in the sand". But, whatever, Ralph....do what you think you need to do buddy. :thumbs:

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
    Vaping is 95% safer than smoking I preach this to everyone in my life, sadly most of them believe its worse than cigarettes due to the fake articles out there.

17. ENAUD

ENAUD falling, falling, down the rabbit hole... Verified Member ECF Veteran

:lol::lol::lol::lol: the magic of the innernets...crap posts on an image hosting site get quoted onto a forum by some random know nothing and folks get upset. :lol::lol::lol::lol: GARBAGE abounds! :matrix: crap...:matrix:...crap...:matrix:...crap...:matrix:...crap :toast::facepalm::smokie:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Come on. That doesn't even qualify as junk science. It's just plain junk. And @nicotineisbomb I know you said it's interesting but obviously somehow convincing to your because your posted you were moving away from juul in the same past, suggesting that article, blog, bull:censored: was suffiently conclusive to not use juul anymore.

Really that's a link that should be tossed and a thread that should be staked and put out of its misery.

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    Enough. @nicotineisbomb the staff has had enough of the junk links with no hard proof with many of your posts/claims. This is the last one. No more. Any further instances will result in some rather strong actions being taken.

Closing.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.