Interesting Dekang e-liquid experience...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan C.

Mar 14, 2010
Australia
Hi all,

I've been reading various threads on this site for a few days - what a great site!

I have an M401 e-cig, which I've been using for about three weeks or so.

I've only been vaping Dekang thus far, as I can't afford the more expensive e-liquids, and I was under the impression that Dekang was good.

I ordered some flavours from one vendor, and them some more from another (both Dekang e-liquid). I wasn't too impressed with any of the e-liquids, until I did some experimenting...

Anyhow, I will copy and paste two e-mails that I sent to one seller about their Dekang e-liquid below. I need to experiment more to determine what is actually 'fixing' the flavour problem. I have more Dekang e-liquid on the way, and if I have any more 'chemical' tasting e-liquid, I will report back if I was able to fix it...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

First e-mail:

Hi,

I recently bought some e-liquid from your website. I ordered: Banana, Blueberry, Coconut, and RY4#. They all tasted very similar, with the overriding taste being a chemical taste that I could not identify. They all tasted and smelled bad :-( Is this real Dekang e-liquid? If it is, then Dekang e-liquid is terrible! I bought some different flavours of e-liquid from another website, which also claims to sell Dekang e-liquid. Their e-liquid tasted and smelled much better (they had different stickers on the bottles to your e-liquid. Their lids also had YNDK imprinted on them. All e-liquids I purchased were 10ml bottles of 18mg strength (from both websites).

I recently ordered an e-cigarette starter kit (for a friend) and some more e-liquid flavours. I’m worried the e-liquid will also taste bad :-( Is this a bad batch…or something else?

Thanks,

Nathan C.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second e-mail:

Hi Again,

I thought I should update you about my e-liquid…

I believe that the bad flavour and smell of the e-liquid was the alcohol component of the solution. I’m guessing that the alcohol, being the ‘lightest’, or least dense ingredient, has risen to the top of the bottles (obviously not all the alcohol, but enough of it to ruin the taste). Therefore, when I first opened the bottles and dripped them into my empty cart, there was probably too much alcohol, hence the bad taste. I decided to try two things: 1) Leave the lids off for a while to let some of the alcohol evaporate & 2) Shake the e-liquid bottles vigorously for about 5 seconds before applying the drops to my empty carts. Leaving the lid off would probably have resulted in little, if any alcohol evaporation (I took the dropper part off each bottle to allow more air flow) – it’s more likely that moisture from the atmosphere was absorbed into the e-liquid, diluting the alcohol, although the amount of moisture absorbed would probably be negligible. However, I suspect that vigorous shaking of the e-liquid bottle for about 5 seconds before use would be sufficient to ‘balance’ the solution so that it tastes as it should when ‘smoked’…

After vigorous shaking of the e-liquid bottles before use, I can now report that the Blueberry is delicious and smooth, as is the Banana. The RY4 still smells a little yucky, but when vapid tastes not too bad, and is smooth – not the amazing flavour that people seem to comment on though :-(. Coconut, I don’t like, but that is my personal taste I suppose.

I also found that I also must wash the atomiser thoroughly under hot water and then dry it before changing flavours. This removes all old/other e-liquid, not spoiling the taste of whatever I try next :)

So it seems that people complaining of the ‘bad/weird’ chemical taste of Dekang e-liquid is due to either them not shaking the bottle before use, or Dekang adding too much alcohol when mixing in the factory/lab.

This information should be helpful if others complain of a bad tasting e-liquid ;-)

I’m not worried about the new e-liquid that’s on the way now! I’ll let you know if I have the same taste problem with the e-liquid, and if my solution(s) fix the problem.

Thanks,

Nathan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would be interested to know if anyone else 'fixes' what should be delicious (provided you like the flavour of course) Dekang e-liquid by utilising my methods outlined in my e-mail.

Nathan C.

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
Hi all,

I've been reading various threads on this site for a few days - what a great site!

I have an M401 e-cig, which I've been using for about three weeks or so.

I've only been vaping Dekang thus far, as I can't afford the more expensive e-liquids, and I was under the impression that Dekang was good.

I ordered some flavours from one vendor, and them some more from another (both Dekang e-liquid). I wasn't too impressed with any of the e-liquids, until I did some experimenting...

Anyhow, I will copy and paste two e-mails that I sent to one seller about their Dekang e-liquid below. I need to experiment more to determine what is actually 'fixing' the flavour problem. I have more Dekang e-liquid on the way, and if I have any more 'chemical' tasting e-liquid, I will report back if I was able to fix it...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

First e-mail:

Hi,

I recently bought some e-liquid from your website. I ordered: Banana, Blueberry, Coconut, and RY4#. They all tasted very similar, with the overriding taste being a chemical taste that I could not identify. They all tasted and smelled bad :-( Is this real Dekang e-liquid? If it is, then Dekang e-liquid is terrible! I bought some different flavours of e-liquid from another website, which also claims to sell Dekang e-liquid. Their e-liquid tasted and smelled much better (they had different stickers on the bottles to your e-liquid. Their lids also had YNDK imprinted on them. All e-liquids I purchased were 10ml bottles of 18mg strength (from both websites).

I recently ordered an e-cigarette starter kit (for a friend) and some more e-liquid flavours. I’m worried the e-liquid will also taste bad :-( Is this a bad batch…or something else?

Thanks,

Nathan C.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second e-mail:

Hi Again,

I thought I should update you about my e-liquid…

I believe that the bad flavour and smell of the e-liquid was the alcohol component of the solution. I’m guessing that the alcohol, being the ‘lightest’, or least dense ingredient, has risen to the top of the bottles (obviously not all the alcohol, but enough of it to ruin the taste). Therefore, when I first opened the bottles and dripped them into my empty cart, there was probably too much alcohol, hence the bad taste. I decided to try two things: 1) Leave the lids off for a while to let some of the alcohol evaporate & 2) Shake the e-liquid bottles vigorously for about 5 seconds before applying the drops to my empty carts. Leaving the lid off would probably have resulted in little, if any alcohol evaporation (I took the dropper part off each bottle to allow more air flow) – it’s more likely that moisture from the atmosphere was absorbed into the e-liquid, diluting the alcohol, although the amount of moisture absorbed would probably be negligible. However, I suspect that vigorous shaking of the e-liquid bottle for about 5 seconds before use would be sufficient to ‘balance’ the solution so that it tastes as it should when ‘smoked’…

After vigorous shaking of the e-liquid bottles before use, I can now report that the Blueberry is delicious and smooth, as is the Banana. The RY4 still smells a little yucky, but when vapid tastes not too bad, and is smooth – not the amazing flavour that people seem to comment on though :-(. Coconut, I don’t like, but that is my personal taste I suppose.

I also found that I also must wash the atomiser thoroughly under hot water and then dry it before changing flavours. This removes all old/other e-liquid, not spoiling the taste of whatever I try next :)

So it seems that people complaining of the ‘bad/weird’ chemical taste of Dekang e-liquid is due to either them not shaking the bottle before use, or Dekang adding too much alcohol when mixing in the factory/lab.

This information should be helpful if others complain of a bad tasting e-liquid ;-)

I’m not worried about the new e-liquid that’s on the way now! I’ll let you know if I have the same taste problem with the e-liquid, and if my solution(s) fix the problem.

Thanks,

Nathan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would be interested to know if anyone else 'fixes' what should be delicious (provided you like the flavour of course) Dekang e-liquid by utilising my methods outlined in my e-mail.

Nathan C.

Well yes it is important to shake your juice as the flavor can separate, however I dont think that dekang puts alcohol in their juice, its pg, flavoring an nic juice.

dark cobra

Feb 2, 2010
Canada
And yet, even after shaking my Dekang liquids i still think they taste chemical or floral or something.
Seriously, after trying full VG Dekang and full PG dekang that taste is STILL there and ya it's a reflex for me to shake whatever bottle im gonna drip before opening it because one of my juice has a VERY definite layer between the flavoring and VG (light yellow to medium brown).

That floral or chemical taste i did not find in Rath juice or the juice i started making myself and i truly dont miss it :)

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I am very tired of this perfumey taste turning up in so many of the liquids I have purchased.
I don't like it at all, and I have tons of juice that I find useless because of it.

My current understanding is that is all has to do with Dekang juice.
If that is the issue, or not, I really don't care.

Someone please identify this problem and fix it.
Seriously.

Nathan C.

Mar 14, 2010
Australia
Hmmm, there are so many possibilities as to why so many people complain of foul tasting Dekang e-juice. I read somewhere that it is mostly the non-tobacco flavours that are affected.

Here are some of my thoughts/theories:

1) Dekang themselves keep frigging around with their formulas, trying to improve them, yet somehow making them worse :(

2) Dekang buys their raw ingredients from different vendors, some of which may not make the best product, or screw up their batches sometimes. Perhaps Dekang themselves make mistakes and fudge batches.

If Dekang has all the ISO certifications that they say they do, this should not be the case - all batches should be the same/consistent, unless they deliberately change the formula. But maybe that is a fantasy...

3) Some vendors are not selling Dekang at all, but buying a cheaper product from someone else in China. They may be buying empty bottles or lids (YNDK imprint) from Dekang (if this is possible) and filling them with the cheaper stuff. In China, I imagine it's not hard to buy fake Dekang marked lids either.

4) Some vendors may be selling old genuine Dekang that has expired, and then changing the labels with new ones.

5) Some of the 'flavours' may very well contain alcohol, albeit in a tiny percentage. This may separate from the mixture and 'float' to the top of the bottle. I recall my first drops wicked beautifully - kinda watery. Now I have to wait longer for the cart to suck up each drop before adding another after shaking the bottle. So, maybe people not shaking the bottle like me?

6) Incorrect storage of the e-liquid. I don't know how sensitive it is to temperature, but I imagine if it is not sealed in an airtight container, it will absorb whatever has blended with the moisture in the air (PG is a humectant after all).

7) Dekang sells large bottles of tobacco flavouring. Perhaps some sellers buy this and try and make their own formulas in their kitchens at home :p

As a side note, I contacted (or tried to) Dekang from their website with the live chat thingy, to ask if they have alcohol as an ingredient - there was no reply whatsoever.

I tell you, that flavour and smell I experienced upon cracking the caps was revolting! It tasted like acetone smells - a very chemical, industrial cleaning type smell & taste. Bizarre. Even stranger is that the smell and taste appears to have gone :confused: I'm now thoroughly enjoying the blueberry and banana. The RY4 is still a bit weird, but taste isn't too bad. I've ordered RY4 from another seller, to see if it is different. I heard that some sellers have custom formulations made...

planetofthevapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2009
Pandhandle of Nebraska
I have had mixed feelings with what I THINK is Dekang liquid but am not sure. I ordered from eastmall last year and the flavors were outstanding and I fell in love with a few of them...which caused me to order again a few months later (octoberish?). The second batch all smelled floral and tasted like I was vaping potpouri (ALL THE FLAVORS, not just a few)... So, next I tried heaven gifts...ordered a few that eastmall made me fall in love with (and I was scared that I would get another bad batch) but this time, they were all perfect and correct again. The labels from Heaven Gifts and Eastmall are exactly the same, the only difference is the size of bottles.

Then recently, I purchased some cartomizers off of the swap threads. And they were supposed to be coffee and they taste like decaying floral arrangements (I meant, they are vomit-causing horrid flavored). Anyways...I tracked these to eastmall as well (through no help from the person who resold these pieces of crap to me and refuses to tell me where he got them...I didn't want my money back I just wanted to make sure that I didn't order from wherever he ordered from...so anyways, that's another story to say the least). Ok, so anyways...because of those two bad batches I had to give up my favorite supplier. I hate to say it, I love eastmall, but I will never go back. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong...both of those shops sell dekang liquid right?

dark cobra

Feb 2, 2010
Canada
I am very tired of this perfumey taste turning up in so many of the liquids I have purchased.
I don't like it at all, and I have tons of juice that I find useless because of it.

My current understanding is that is all has to do with Dekang juice.
If that is the issue, or not, I really don't care.

Someone please identify this problem and fix it.
Seriously.

PERFUMEY!!
Thank you thats the word i was looking for .

seniorGecko

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Bangkok
ok this is an old thread but just to update you on dekang liquid and eastmall. i just received 8 bottles of various flavors and all of them have the same chemical smell along with the potpurri-flower vape. it's disgusting and i am disappointed. potpourri-chocolate, potpourri-cola, potpourri-coconut, potpourri-RY4, potpourri-menthol........

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
I just received the camel and the cappuchino from health cabin and out of 3 different liquid brands I have tried they are the best I have had. Now I am afraid to order more. I think I will try it and keep my fingers crossed. I don't know if I love them but so far the 70 bucks I have spent on liquid ( not including the dekang )has been a total loss. Trying to find good liquids is frustrating at best.

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
I just don't know what's happened in the past year+. 555 from anywhere was good. In this past year or so, every friggin bottle of juice I buy has this syrupy sweet disgusting chemical taste. Seems as tho it's in everything. I'm so tired of trying different brands and still getting that awful taste and smell. It totally and completly covers up any nutty or tobacco flavor. I'm really at whit's end .. Just don't know where to go from here.

For me it started when I was a faithful customer of MVS for 555, and then they said they were going to a new recipe. And that was when that awful taste started.

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
good clean Nic + USA flavorings & Italian flavorings = Great juice ! Chinese flavorings + darker more yellow Nic = poor juice ! my opinion anyways, sometimes you can get a good Dekang juice though but I stick with the above USA + Italian flavorings with a good clear Nic for my juice and it is 99% of the time better then Dekang juice. Dekang has always had a specific different taste to it going back to the very beginning of vaping, even the original RY4 had that taste to it. That's nothing against the Chinese there juice is just different and always has been, using a bit different extraction processed Nic and flavorings compared to another companies extraction process and different flavorings you will have this ! just my 2c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread