interesting side effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Diane

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2008
uk
About 10 days ago i had an appointment with the doctor for my annual mot. anyway all went well and as per usual the dreaded smoking question came up, (normally at this stage i brace myself for an argument). last year i commented that i could walk outside and be run over by a bus the doctors reply was " yes diane but you dont keep walking backwards and forwards in front of the bus do you" ha ha i couldn't really think of an answer on the spot to that one.

anyway.

i explained that i had been smoking an e:cig for about 4 weeks and roughly what it was, she was really pleased although she'd never heard of them or what it was. She also asked me if i had had any side effects from not smoking , nothing really just a bit lethargic and headaches, but the headaches are due to the fact that i needed my eyes testing, but thats another story. I wont ramble on anymore she commented the headaches and lethargy maybe caused from withdrawal symtoms from all the chemicals etc thats in packet cigarettes/tobacco. This i found quite interesting as people only go on about the nicotine being the habit and having to go cold turkey not anything else.

Has anybody else noticed anything?

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Sure Diane, a lot of people that make a quick or total switch from analogue to digital smoking (so from real tobacco to e-smoking) get a weird condition for 2 to 4 weeks after that switch: a condition in which they partly feel themselves getting better, healthier (more air, coughing getting less fast, and real real happy - perhaps partly due to the relief of finaly having found a way to get rid of the tobacco; perhaps partly also due to perhaps less, but also much more pure nicotine, something that would need more study) - and at the same time also feeling ill: headaches, flu-ish, stoolproblems perhaps, and lots of more individual complaints that differ per person.

It's a strange condition; and will last anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks on average. But not all e-smokers go through this; it seems to have to do with a sudden switch from full tobacco one day to absolutely zero tobacco the next day; and even for those having this happening, not áll will be experiencing this condition. Might also have to do with how much or how long a person has been smoking when this sudden change occurs? Not sure there...

Miss Diane

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2008
uk
Sure Diane, a lot of people that make a quick or total switch from analogue to digital smoking (so from real tobacco to e-smoking) get a weird condition for 2 to 4 weeks after that switch: a condition in which they partly feel themselves getting better, healthier (more air, coughing getting less fast, and real real happy - perhaps partly due to the relief of finaly having found a way to get rid of the tobacco; perhaps partly also due to perhaps less, but also much more pure nicotine, something that would need more study) - and at the same time also feeling ill: headaches, flu-ish, stoolproblems perhaps, and lots of more individual complaints that differ per person.

It's a strange condition; and will last anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks on average. But not all e-smokers go through this; it seems to have to do with a sudden switch from full tobacco one day to absolutely zero tobacco the next day; and even for those having this happening, not áll will be experiencing this condition. Might also have to do with how much or how long a person has been smoking when this sudden change occurs? Not sure there...

Hi Katink

thanks for your reply I think sometimes you think you are going mad and only you have these symptoms

On a few occassions over the past 5 weeks i felt like i was going to have a cold or the flu (sore throat, temperature, sneezing everywhere etc) only to get up the next morning and feel fine no sign of cold at all

you are totally right about feeling much better but also much worse. I dont think it's very easy to describe but your comments have hit the nail right on the head.

Your comments on side effects are very valuable especially to new people embarking on there e:cig experience on this forum.

Anyway thanks again at least i know i'm not mad quite yet

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
You're quite welcome; you're not going mad (I would think ;) ); and it's really good to see that you are putting the 'blame' for this strange condition where it belongs: square at the feet of all those other-then-nicotine chemicals, substances and gasses in and from tobacco. Kicking those does a lot to the body of many of us :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread