Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Bit of background:

Smoked for 25 years quite heavily (40-50 cigs per day). I have a heavily addictive personality.

Quit for 8 years with no slip-ups (quit for the kids)

Started vaping 2.5 months ago and have increased to about 1.25 ml a day of 11-18mg juice.

Now for the test :)

I was feeling a bit of a head cold a few days back so I decided to use it as a test to see how much of the previous addiction had returned.

Just under 48 hours of no vaping and there were none of the symptoms of addiction. I would get the odd thought once in a while that it would be nice to relax with a vape but none of the jittering, etc that comes from nicotine withdrawal. No clammy skin, no headaches, no stress...nothing.

I was quite surprised by the lack of addiction. I think there might be some validity that nicotine alone is not that potent an addiction. Maybe I just need more time.

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
Bit of background:

Smoked for 25 years quite heavily (40-50 cigs per day). I have a heavily addictive personality.

Quit for 8 years with no slip-ups (quit for the kids)

Started vaping 2.5 months ago and have increased to about 1.25 ml a day of 11-18mg juice.

Now for the test :)

I was feeling a bit of a head cold a few days back so I decided to use it as a test to see how much of the previous addiction had returned.

Just under 48 hours of no vaping and there were none of the symptoms of addiction. I would get the odd thought once in a while that it would be nice to relax with a vape but none of the jittering, etc that comes from nicotine withdrawal. No clammy skin, no headaches, no stress...nothing.

I was quite surprised by the lack of addiction. I think there might be some validity that nicotine alone is not that potent an addiction. Maybe I just need more time.

I am sooo thrilled to hear that, you have no idea, how pleased I am for you and maybe,, one day for me

now DO YOU GO BACK OR KEEP IT OUT OF YOU LIFE ALTOGETHER

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Oh..sorry. I guess I wasn't clear.

I have no intention of ever giving up vaping. Now that sweet, sweet nicotine is available without all the toxins I'm ALL over it :)

I just stopped using it for a bit to check my addiction level out of curiously. I'm probably try again around the 6 month mark. I was just really surprised the addiction hadn't reestablished it again.

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
Oh..sorry. I guess I wasn't clear.

I have no intention of ever giving up vaping. Now that sweet, sweet nicotine is available without all the toxins I'm ALL over it :)

I just stopped using it for a bit to check my addiction level out of curiously. I'm probably try again around the 6 month mark. I was just really surprised the addiction hadn't reestablished it again.

I knew better I was trying to be positive and think, maybe just maybe I can stop spending all this money I do love it and never even considered dropping down from my 36mg if they had 72 mg, I would be the first on line

feel better

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
I knew better I was trying to be positive and think, maybe just maybe I can stop spending all this money I do love it and never even considered dropping down from my 36mg if they had 72 mg, I would be the first on line

feel better

I, too, would be beating down some doors to get my hands on some 72mg. Not to vape straight up, of course, but to flavor to my taste and still have maybe 40mg.

taukimada

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Tullahoma, Tn
www.youtube.com
:shock:
I, too, would be beating down some doors to get my hands on some 72mg. Not to vape straight up, of course, but to flavor to my taste and still have maybe 40mg.

if i had my way..
i'd have a hundred milliontrillion mg... that's the ticket

seroiously tho.. id take 120mg ejuice.. happily
:evil: :shock: :evil:

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
I have wondered if the addiction will be the same because I have read an article where they experimented with rats and supposedly proved that nicotine on it's own isn't actually addictive.

Maybe this is why I STILL cannot give up the analogs. I love vaping, but something is missing. I constantly crave the analogs, even while experiencing mild symptoms of nic OD.

JustPuffin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

The human body could not handle more then 36 mg. More the 36 mg would need to be handled under laboratory conditions. One drop of pure nicotine could probably kill 36 people. When you refill always use a tissue over the mouthpiece to catch excess e liquid vapor.

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
The human body could not handle more then 36 mg. More the 36 mg would need to be handled under laboratory conditions. One drop of pure nicotine could probably kill 36 people. When you refill always use a tissue over the mouthpiece to catch excess e liquid vapor.

JP morning
I wish I could stay up w/ all you guys at 2 am 3 am, even though I know some of you are in a totally different time zone, and you Nico, you are in a totally different TIME

We need to get you( NICO) off of analogs, you can do it, I know it

Now, for this thread
I have had a lot of this 36mg on me, in my mouth, I am at times, SO SLOOOOPPY w/ my juice, cos I cannot get enough, especially when I need a refill on my stuff, I load up a few ecigs at a time, so they are ready to go, this 36 mg is everywhere

So, If I need to be more careful and of course I should, Can it be, that some of the juice, just aint what it is suppose to be. cos I should be dead

taz3cat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2008
Port Arthur, Texas
maybe those rats don't have nicotin receptors or all the other studies using rats that showed that nicitine was addictive are wrong. Thirty or fourty years of study cannot be wrong or we are the vitims of a big hoax worse than Madoffs hoax.

Nicotine is addictive to some people the new studies show and some people will not get addicted. It depends on your nicotine receptors or lack of.

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Nuck I'm not sure I'm reading your original post right. Did you give up cigarettes 8 years ago and just start vaping recently? I know for me I get nic withdrawal as soon as I get up in the morning. Only been cigarette free for 2 months now but have been using the e-cig and snus regularly since.

Hi smokingclam, you're correct. I was smoke free for 8 years and started vaping about 2.5 months ago. Was just surprised, given how heavily I was addicted to smoking, that no addiction had returned yet.

I'm thinking I either need more time to develop the addiction, or nicotine on its own isn't enough to develop one.

Kitabz

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
UK
Hi smokingclam, you're correct. I was smoke free for 8 years and started vaping about 2.5 months ago. Was just surprised, given how heavily I was addicted to smoking, that no addiction had returned yet.

I'm thinking I either need more time to develop the addiction, or nicotine on its own isn't enough to develop one.

If you'd not been smoking for so long, why did you take up vaping (I'm assuming you haven't been on gum or patches all these year)?

Did you really still miss the cigarettes after all these years - enough to take up a new "hobby"?

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I didn't bother with gum or patches. I was nic free for 8 years. The reason I quit was because of the kids, not because I didn't love smoking and yes, I missed it at times for the entire 8 years.

I'm moving towards nic free shortly. It turns out it wasn't the nic that I missed, it was just the whole hand to mouth relaxing habit. Life is so much better with a few simple pleasures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread