International orders and steeping time (Any help, thoughts?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawzy

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2013
Cairo
Hi, I am new to HHV juice and my first order is coming and I just can't wait to get it. I have been reading through the forum here about steeping time especially that HHV makes customized juice (pg/vg, nic, etc). So my order will take about 2-3 weeks till I get it. So do I still need to do the steeping process? Take the cap off for a day and then let it rest for a week and so on? Or the shipping time itself should be enough Thanks in advance.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Well, you just happened to ask the right person Fawzy. I asked this very question of the juicemaker herself. Welcome to the HHV Army Subforum. Are you new to vaping?

Anyhow, I happened to know exactly what you are looking for. Let me start by giving you the standard steeping process for HHV juices then I will let you know about international orders.

I'm speaking of larger sized bottles here (6mL on up). Sample sizes (3mL) are generally ready to go when you get them because they are pre-mixed. But to be safe I'd still give them a few days in the event they were recently mixed. But back to the larger bottles. When we receive them, we pull off caps and drippers for a couple days, then recap and let sit at least another week. Shake often. However, steeping (like flavor) is subjective. So don't be afraid to try a little when you first get it. But to the vast majority of us, the flavor only gets better with age.

As for international orders, the extracting alcohol used in many HHV juices ......s steeping. It doesn't stop it, it just slows it down. How much? No one really knows. Figure half. So if you have a two week old bottle, it likely has about a week of steeping in it. But the alcohol is still in it. And you need to get that out because it doesn't taste good. So you'll still have to get caps/drippers off for a day or two. Then you might want to give it a go. But prepared to let it steep more. Only you will know if you like it or not. HHV continues to age nicely for months. But many find at least a week it is ready for prime time. Let us know how it goes for you.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Oh, Bronze. Thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssss very much. You really clarified the whole picture for me :) Great input really. I will update here once I get my order. Thanks again. Cheers.

That's what we're here for. And also to have a few laughs. Join us on the Big Thread and elsewhere in the HHV Army subforum.

Fawzy

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2013
Cairo
Update and help again. So finally I got my order yesterday (shipped on the 5th of March). So, it took about 1 month and 10 days. When I got it, I took the cap and dripper off to evaporate the alcohol from as I was told. The question now do I need to steep them again after all this time, I mean steeping after evaporating the alcohol, or do I vape it today? Note, this is the first time I vape HHV stuff. Thanks, guys in advance

Blix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Stabekk, Norway
Update and help again. So finally I got my order yesterday (shipped on the 5th of March). So, it took about 1 month and 10 days. When I got it, I took the cap and dripper off to evaporate the alcohol from as I was told. The question now do I need to steep them again after all this time, I mean steeping after evaporating the alcohol, or do I vape it today? Note, this is the first time I vape HHV stuff. Thanks, guys in advance

Leave the cap off overnight, but you can vape it right away, enjoy! :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

Fawzy...congrats on your delievery. That took awhile!

Anyhow, Blix is right...give it a shot now. Keep in mind, the juice continues to get better with age. We don't have a solid knowledge of how juice steeps with the alcohol still in it. We know the alcohol ......s the steeping, we just don't know how much. Try a little now and every few days to see how it adjusts. Shake your bottles often.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Thanks, Bronze, I will taste it today (after 24 hours of taking the cap and dripper off) and then let them rest for a few days and update you. Thanks again :)

Please do Fawzy. We're happy you finally get a taste of HHV. Another thing to keep in mind...don't give up on them quickly. You need to acquire a taste for HHV juice. It is very common for people to take 2 - 4 mls before the magic hits. Be patient.

Good luck. And remind us which flavors you got.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I got the following: Heavenly Army, Legend, Shadow, Dragon's Fire. Can't wait to taste them all.

Well Fawz....you got four of the most popular juices. All should improve with age. And those four definitely fall in the category of "Vape it till you like it". Most people are wary when they first try those flavors. But within a few mls, the vapegasm begins. That's why this is such a large forum. :)

You'll find that HA and Shadow are similar. Same creamy base with a little bit of difference in the top note. Legend and DF are a departure but all have that famous HHV signature to them. If all goes well (and I anticipate it will), get back to us and we'll give you some other recommendations based on your likes.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand

Wow, and I thought I had a long wait! After you've taken the caps off for 24 hours, I personally would dig right into those juices. Like Bronze said, the alcohol slows down the steeping process, it doesn't stop it completely. So a month and a half would be equal to about 3 weeks normal steeping. IMO. Enjoy!

Remember out motto, vape it till you like it.

Fawzy

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2013
Cairo
Well, I took the cap off for almost 36 hours and I started vaping, I started with Legend, and Oh MY GOD. I should had a cam to record how I looked after that first puff. My eyes were wide opened, so was my mouth, and a moment of silence! My wife looked at me and she was like, so it is that good as everyone says it is. I told her no, it is better, I haven't imagined it'd be that GREAT. Same night, I did what Legend made me feel exactly when I first tried it. I sat beside the fireplace with a drink and my Legend and kept listening to Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd (the live version). I fell in love with it instantly. My second was Shadow, and again I fell in love, then I tried Dragon's Fire. And I had some mixed feeling, I didn't know if it should be my 2nd fav after Legend or 3rd after Shadow, but then I started to vape Heavenly army, and again, I loved it. Well, I loved them all really and from the first few drops. It didn't take me some mls to love them. I am sure my favs are gonna change a lot in the coming few days as I vape more. Right now they are as follow: Legend, shadow, DF, HA. Thanks guys for all ur help and thanks HHV for the great juices :)
One question: I want to get in my next order something a bit spicy, any recommendations?

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Well, I took the cap off for almost 36 hours and I started vaping, I started with Legend, and Oh MY GOD. I should had a cam to record how I looked after that first puff. My eyes were wide opened, so was my mouth, and a moment of silence! My wife looked at me and she was like, so it is that good as everyone says it is. I told her no, it is better, I haven't imagined it'd be that GREAT. Same night, I did what Legend made me feel exactly when I first tried it. I sat beside the fireplace with a drink and my Legend and kept listening to Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd (the live version). I fell in love with it instantly. My second was Shadow, and again I fell in love, then I tried Dragon's Fire. And I had some mixed feeling, I didn't know if it should be my 2nd fav after Legend or 3rd after Shadow, but then I started to vape Heavenly army, and again, I loved it. Well, I loved them all really and from the first few drops. It didn't take me some mls to love them. I am sure my favs are gonna change a lot in the coming few days as I vape more. Right now they are as follow: Legend, shadow, DF, HA. Thanks guys for all ur help and thanks HHV for the great juices :)
One question: I want to get in my next order something a bit spicy, any recommendations?

Congrats Fawzy. Knew you would like it. Sorry I can't give you a recommendation for "spicy". That has to be one of the most ambiguous descriptors in the vape world and has totally different meanings to different people. Have something more specific?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread