INTRODUCING - MonsterMesh RBA Drops NOW! onto the scene and the Faranheight up as well!!! GV Rebuildables

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I personally own all mesh from 200 up thru 500 and I dont use anything but the 500 anymore. It just rocks.

Thanks for your input... it's easier to take the word of someone I'm more familiar with than those that have just recently started posting ( low post count ) or just started posting in an area I visit such as the GV forum area. I'll check what my current supplier has and on my next order, I'll add in a bit of the finer mesh if they carry it.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
I personally own all mesh from 200 up thru 500 and I dont use anything but the 500 anymore. It just rocks.

Thanks for your opinion on the 500 Kwalka. Now I am anxiously awaiting tomorrows vape mail so I can get to mesh rolling for the new Birkshire.:) I almost got some 635 but the double price compared to 500 scared me off. :facepalm:That's really hilarious. All the dough I spend on vaping and a couple bucks kept me from clicking on it. Next time for sure if I like the 500 I got coming.

vapidkitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
Oz Tropics
I'd love to see a starter pack kind of thing for rebuildables, with a few different sizes of the most commonly used wire, wick and possibly mesh. I know they're cheaper in larger amounts, but it's kinda hard to know what's gonna work for you/what you'll prefer when you're starting out. Then there's the whole 'different sizes for different RBA's variable. It'd be great to find all (or even most of) the various options in one place.

On a completely different note, props to the guys repeating the warnings and need for multimetres & protected batteries - the info's out there, but seems to get lost in all the excitement.

Disclaimer: Apologies if similar has been mentioned before, but my 'puter time is (medically) limited and I have absolutely no hope of reading every post in every thread.

Right, now back to stalking the next Phoenix shipment so I can order all the goodies I'm drooling over.

RichardV

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
The Golden Isles of Georgia, USA
I'd love to see a starter pack kind of thing for rebuildables, with a few different sizes of the most commonly used wire, wick and possibly mesh. I know they're cheaper in larger amounts, but it's kinda hard to know what's gonna work for you/what you'll prefer when you're starting out. Then there's the whole 'different sizes for different RBA's variable. It'd be great to find all (or even most of) the various options in one place.

On a completely different note, props to the guys repeating the warnings and need for multimetres & protected batteries - the info's out there, but seems to get lost in all the excitement.

Disclaimer: Apologies if similar has been mentioned before, but my 'puter time is (medically) limited and I have absolutely no hope of reading every post in every thread.

Right, now back to stalking the next Phoenix shipment so I can order all the goodies I'm drooling over.

Here are a few threads about sizes & using 500 mesh. It may help or just get you as confused as I have been, I'm slowly wrapping my mind around it.:)
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/348348-optimal-mesh-dimensions-wire-size-wraps-specific-devices.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/330407-500-ss-mesh.html

vapidkitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
Oz Tropics
Hey, thanks for taking the time to post that RichardV - great resource. :)
I think some of the 'how to's' in the thread are the clearest I've read. Especially since there's a few approaches to what works for different people.

heh... would still love to be able to buy a kind of sampler pack of coiling/wicking stuffs.
Maybe I'm just being lazy.... :ohmy:

ruff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
Washington, In
quick question for anyone with the Monster Mesh, im looking to get a pyrex or quartz tank to replace the original tank and was wondering if anyone had the measurements for the tank its self, I.D. , O.D. and length, thanks to anyone who can help and i am loving this thing now that i have gotten it working properly with 500 mesh.

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
quick question for anyone with the Monster Mesh, im looking to get a pyrex or quartz tank to replace the original tank and was wondering if anyone had the measurements for the tank its self, I.D. , O.D. and length, thanks to anyone who can help and i am loving this thing now that i have gotten it working properly with 500 mesh.

The Monster mesh is a DID clone. Many vendors sell this same clone under different names and sell replacement o-rings and clear tanks for it. I haven't seen a quartz or pyrex as yet for this tank. You have the metal tank, can't you just measure it?
Also these vendors that sell replacement parts for the clone also standby their product such as defective seals or o-rings if you get my drift GV...... This other vendor threw in a grommet for me for free because I told him about my ripped grommet on a monster mash purchased from GV.

Right now I have a Glass Hybrid (scubabatdan style) wick w/ 500 mesh on my Monster mesh.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida

It's not pyrex or quartz, but I made clear tanks for mine from 12ml Ideal syringes, which can be found at Tractor Supply.

ruff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
Washington, In
The Monster mesh is a DID clone. Many vendors sell this same clone under different names and sell replacement o-rings and clear tanks for it. I haven't seen a quartz or pyrex as yet for this tank. You have the metal tank, can't you just measure it?
Also these vendors that sell replacement parts for the clone also standby their product such as defective seals or o-rings if you get my drift GV...... This other vendor threw in a grommet for me for free because I told him about my ripped grommet on a monster mash purchased from GV.

Right now I have a Glass Hybrid (scubabatdan style) wick w/ 500 mesh on my Monster mesh.

Yeah, I've got my Pyrex tubing in the cart for the glass mesh hybrid wick and was going to order a tube big enough for a replacement tank as well.

When i take it back apart for cleaning i will for sure but was hoping someone already had the measurements handy so i could place an order before i needed to break it down again.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

wolandepiphanius

Darth Wolandvader
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2012
San Francisco, CA

I just saw the video last night. What width did you get for the pyrex? Does that 3mm he uses on the vid fit in the monster mesh, too? Inquiring minds want to know.

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I just saw the video last night. What width did you get for the pyrex? Does that 3mm he uses on the vid fit in the monster mesh, too? Inquiring minds want to know.

3mm is fine. My glass does not go into the tank. It covers the portion of the wick above the tank. but if you decide you would like to insert it into the tank, then you would have to drill out the wick hole. I don't think that is necessary. Works great above.

Just a note, my video was a test w/ a glass tube from a fuse. It's too wide at 4.5mm to get the top on without shorting the coils to the top so use the 3mm tube.

wolandepiphanius

Darth Wolandvader
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2012
San Francisco, CA
3mm is fine. My glass does not go into the tank. It covers the portion of the wick above the tank. but if you decide you would like to insert it into the tank, then you would have to drill out the wick hole. I don't think that is necessary. Works great above.

Just a note, my video was a test w/ a glass tube from a fuse. It's too wide at 4.5mm to get the top on without shorting the coils to the top so use the 3mm tube.

Thanks for the info. I also have a Birkshire, so I'm going to test it out on all my rebuildables. So off I go to get me some 3m pyrex tubes!

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
anyone ? lol

I'm someone...

Sorry, I don't have answers for you, but...
It would be really tough to gauge the gauge of the wire. I'd say only the source of the wire knows.
For the resistance, that will vary even with a given number of wraps. Use a multimeter. If you don't have one, get one. Required equipment for rebuilding. Always check your coil before putting it on a PV.

Not much help, huh? Sorry.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
quick question
the wire for your coil that comes with the monstermesh....what gauge is it and how many wraps for your coil would put you at around 2.8 ohms?

I don't have the monstermesh, but I assume it's the same unit sold by several suppliers under various names. I have several of them. The wire that comes with them, I believe, is 32awg nichrome. I'm guessing 2.8ohms would require about 7 or 8 wraps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread