evod_0.png

evod_1.png

evod_2.png

evod_3.png

evod_4.png

evod_5.png

Kanger EVOD MT BCC Bottom Coil Changeable 2.4ml 1.8ohm
$6.95

Introducing the The Kanger EVOD BCC MT eGo Bottom Coil Changeable. This features a protective and attractive windowed metal sleeve with a clear acrylic domed mouthpiece. That area of this carto is not removeable.

Kanger advertises that this will receive a fill of around 2.4ml but you are probably going to see filling capacity at around 2.0ml. This unit features a well performing 1.8ohm coil head. You can use regular T3 coil heads with this unit but they do not look as attractive as the native two-piece coil head base system created for the EVOD.

The name EVOD evokes images or associations with 'modding' and quite possibly Kanger has now created a bottom coil eGo cartomizer where they have made it more accessible and easier to mod to your liking. Please refer to the pictures on the left. You will see that it has mother wicking that is just laid across slots on the side of the coil head and feeds a coiled wick below in the coil head well. You can replace, thin that mother wick out a bit, or maybe even thicken it more to better perform with the type of juice you are vaping with. Also with this type of approach Kanger may be able to manufacture the replacement heads more inexpensively, making the base and coil head available separately. At this time the heads were sold out until after the CNY.

This will of course fit well with most CE4 style clearomizers such as our Stardust and ReDux and with many ego-welled mods such as the Joyetech eVic but we have not been able to test of course, on all mods. Due to the fact that it does not have knurled base may mean it fits more of a variety of mods than the T2s and T3s. Your mileage will of course then vary and you may need an adapter as you do with other Kanger products such as the T2 and T3. We WERE able to thread this on to the Vision Variable (Vamo) but we did not fill with juice and vape at the time of this writing.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Does that use the same bottom coil assembly as the EVOD?

Wow, that Mega MT3 looks huge. I’d like to see what it looks like beside a regular T3. The knurled base is different from the base on an Evod, but the actual coil assembly looks the same.

I’ve been using an Evod coil for almost two weeks, and I’m loving it so far. I got a few slightly burnt tasting hits last week, but it’s been working perfect this week. The last five days, I’ve been using a clear T3 tank with an Evod coil assembly. I don’t really like the look of the T3 tank, but at least I can see my juice. I hope Kanger makes an Evod with a clear tank.

J.R.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
Wow, that Mega MT3 looks huge. I’d like to see what it looks like beside a regular T3. The knurled base is different from the base on an Evod, but the actual coil assembly looks the same.

I’ve been using an Evod coil for almost two weeks, and I’m loving it so far. I got a few slightly burnt tasting hits last week, but it’s been working perfect this week. The last five days, I’ve been using a clear T3 tank with an Evod coil assembly. I don’t really like the look of the T3 tank, but at least I can see my juice. I hope Kanger makes an Evod with a clear tank.

J.R.
It's good to know that the EVOD base can work with a T3.
Does it fit perfectly, or do you need to fudge it a bit?

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
It's good to know that the EVOD base can work with a T3.
Does it fit perfectly, or do you need to fudge it a bit?

The Evod base screws on the T3 tank just fine, but there is a slight gap( a little thicker than my thumbnail) between the base and the tank. There also looks to be a gap between the silicone seal on the coil assembly and the air tube in the tank. That seems like it would cause a leak, but I don’t think it does. I always get a tiny bit of juice on the battery with clearos, and that hasn’t changed.

I’ve thought about using an extra cup seal from an old T3 coil to fill the gap, but like they say, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

J.R.

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
Yes defo-we got all that was available before the CNY break...you know how we do things here MM...**** to the wall

:O

: )
thumb_unsure3-1.gif
wanna me to come ober and puts new wallpaper up fer you Danno ?
thumb_wub4-1.gif
I'm good at dat
fill-mdr1.gif
You can croons me while I werks and Brumdy can gimme me his juice at da same time
thumb_biggrin-1.gif
and I can helps out in all da corridors ub eberythings for you
m0191.gif
yup, it would be my pleasures for its
girl_in_love.gif

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
The Evod base screws on the T3 tank just fine, but there is a slight gap( a little thicker than my thumbnail) between the base and the tank. There also looks to be a gap between the silicone seal on the coil assembly and the air tube in the tank. That seems like it would cause a leak, but I don’t think it does. I always get a tiny bit of juice on the battery with clearos, and that hasn’t changed.

I’ve thought about using an extra cup seal from an old T3 coil to fill the gap, but like they say, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

J.R.

"From another post:

SORRY GUYS AND GALS....Big Time. I screwed the eVod base into a T3 again. It does screws in as before, but not all the way, as seen here. I failed to notice it does not "bottom" out on the base, thus may cause a leak there as well. Please forgive my error in this matter..
20130203_150116_zps96f0f08d.jpg

I still have some ideas up my sleeve, to fix this however...(hopefully worth the effort)..
The breather tubes are interchangeable on both units.
I tried using the top tube seal from a CE3, and its too thick..wont screw down far enough without leaving a huge gap at he base seal.

The only ideas I have at this point is to rob an extra base seal and cup seal from a head that bit the dust, and double up. Doubling up, may result in a leak though..

Last edited:

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
lollllll....i will defo tell 'brumdys'

thumb_unsure3-1.gif
wanna me to come ober and puts new wallpaper up fer you Danno ?
thumb_wub4-1.gif
I'm good at dat
fill-mdr1.gif
You can croons me while I werks and Brumdy can gimme me his juice at da same time
thumb_biggrin-1.gif
and I can helps out in all da corridors ub eberythings for you
m0191.gif
yup, it would be my pleasures for its
girl_in_love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread