Introducing the VISION Variable Voltage and Wattage Mod! If It Don't Break - We Wouldn't Fix It! Its a Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
visionvariablemod.png

visionvariablemod_1.png

visionvariablemod_2.png

visionvariablemod_3.png

visionvariablemod_4.png

VISION VV Variable VV & VW mod - Voltage and Wattage - CHROME & Gun Metal
$59.95

Introducing the new Vision Variable VV & VW mod which can vary both voltage or wattage depending on the mode. What is impressing me the most about this unit is the fairly easy and straighforward way in which you can switch modes between AVG and RMS and then from there:
  • Change voltage in increments of .1 from 3.0 to 6.0 volts
  • Change wattage in .5 increments from 3.0 to 15 watts
  • Check atomizer resistance
  • Check remaining battery voltage

How do you switch bewteen AVG and RMS?
  1. With unit on (press the power button 5 times to turn on and off) press either of the mini buttons atop the power button ten seconds.
  2. Your display will show NO1 or NO2.
  3. NO1 is AVG mode (recommended only for advanced users as this mode produces much stronger power than you might expect at various voltages)
  4. NO2 is RMS mode - it is considered more accurate and is the recommended mode to use.

How do you switch from variable voltage to variable wattage?
  • Pretty simple! Hold both mini buttons down at the same time for about 3 seconds. You will see a 'v' or a 'w' in smaller lettering on the blue OLED screen next to the numeric setting at that moment very clearly and in this way will be able to see that you are operating in either varaible voltage or wattage.
  • It toggles between the two with each simultaneous 3 second press of both mini buttons.

Once I have chosen variable voltage or variable wattage, how do I adjust those levels?
  • By pressing either of the mini buttons you can work up or down in .1v increments for VV and in .5 watts in VW mode.
  • Variable Voltage works from 3.0 to 6.0v in .1 increments. Once you reach the end it will cycle over to the lower or the higher setting, depending. For instance at 6.0v if you press the right button once more, it cycles to 3.0v.
  • Variable Wattage works from 3.0 to 15.0 watts in .5 increments and in the same fashion described above.

How can I measure the resistance of my atomizer?
  • Insanely simple once again! simply press the RIGHT mini button for three seconds, your resiatance will show on the blue OLED screen.

How can I measure the remaining voltage of my battery?
  • That's right, press the LEFT mini button for three seconds, your battery's voltage will show on the blue OLED screen.

Other Features of the VISION Variable Mod:
  • The eGo well will accept almost all eGo clearos such as our own Stardust, ReDuX and AlphaStar. SORRY but you will need a 510 to eGo adapter to iuuse either the Kanger T2 or T3.
  • The extension is INCLUDED. This APV can accept 18350, 18650 or 2 18350 batteries (IMR or protected, button top or flat). It is highly recommended when stacking (if you must) to use two batteries with the same voltage and two batteries of the same brand. We DO NOT recommend stackign batteries, you do so at your own risk!
  • 5-click power on/off
  • This uses a beautiful OLED display and shows a pale yellow for the lettering/numbering on a blue background. High resolution, no cryptic LED patterns to make up lettering!
  • Approximately 137mm in length (of the full APV with extension attached) and 22mm diameter.

Last edited:

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Exactly...this is why I put in the thread title, "If it doesn't break", basically saying this is a real winner if it stands up under use and why we waited for Vision's version of it. Its called a VAMO elsewhere and eGo Bamboo others, etc

So it's basically a Vamo?

yes but going by the quality of the spinner and vivi line and their batts in general we prefer the quality we seee with these versus other factories, vision has built a name for themselves and have a better QC we feel

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
So... if I have it set to RMS and vw....will it retain those settings when I change batts?

Yes... it retains the settings when set to VW after a battery change... but it will be in the off mode after the change, so you'd need to turn it back on to vape.

I've had mine for just over two weeks now and love it. Having 3 buttons instead of one like the ZMax... makes it very simple to use, you don't need to remember a bunch of cryptic menus to change the settings. I will unlikely ever get a single button VV/VW APV ever again after using this one.

I only wish the Robust was a RMS VW unit and could go over 2 amps... then I could have a smaller APV also with similar features minus the battery capacity of course. I'm glad to see GV carry these finally.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Which batteries are recommended with this?

One 18350 or 18650... works with two 18350's also but I'm not one to recommend stacking...

Thank you Redsock!! :wub: Did you get the chrome or the gun metal?

I got the chrome... I love the look of the gunmetal but my Bolt started loosing its finish pretty quick and I didn't want to chance it.

Does the Vision do this?

Today I changed the battery, didn't check the ohms, forgot to change V leaving it a 3.0, pressed the button and it fired hotter than I've ever set it. Read a thread about others having this issue too, didn't have it until I forgot to check ohms and set V.

When set to VV... it resets the setting to 3.0 to be on the safe side just in case you changed to low ohms ... but I see no reason to use anything but VW where that isn't an issue.

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
One 18350 or 18650... works with two 18350's also but I'm not one to recommend stacking...

I got the chrome... I love the look of the gunmetal but my Bolt started loosing its finish pretty quick and I didn't want to chance it.

When set to VV... it resets the setting to 3.0 to be on the safe side just in case you changed to low ohms ... but I see no reason to use anything but VW where that isn't an issue.

Whoops, I wasnt clear enough. I more meant I know you CAN use flat top or button top, but is there a benefit out device preference for one over the other?

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Whoops, I wasnt clear enough. I more meant I know you CAN use flat top or button top, but is there a benefit out device preference for one over the other?

You can use either type from what I've read and the company I got mine from, sells it with either kind ( or none at all ). I'm using button tops since that is what I have.

myyrkezaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2012
Clayton, NC

Even though it was set to 3.0 it fired like 6.

Don't use VW much, usually checking ohms and know what V I should be using for them and when using higher ohms you get smaller W increments with V than +-0.5W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread