Introduction/Best Vanilla Flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

S[A]E

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2013
Seattle, WA
www.soundcloud.com
Hey everyone! This is my first post. I go by the name of Scace, I'm a local Emcee (rapper) from Seattle & I'm new to vaping but, I'm already obsessed with the whole movement! My cousin got me into it & it's really helping me quit smoking cigarettes!

My cousin had a nice vanilla e-juice so I figured I'd start off with that. I ordered a flavor called "Madagascar Vanilla" from "Mt Baker Vapor" it's pretty good 4/5 BUT It's not the "perfect" vanilla. So I was wondering if any of you have found that "perfect" Vanilla?

-Scace

Tripster

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
I don't know if it's perfect but so far it's flawless, I got a sampler of Vanilla Car Tobacco by Velvet Vapors and it smells like vanilla, taste like vanilla, and still has a tobacco taste...my taste buds are off cause I just got back into dedicated vaping, I will order another sampler in 4 months when my body disposes of the tobacco nastiness.

retrox

Flavor Chaser
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
NC, USA
Trying to find a "perfect" vanilla was literally what got me into mixing my own juice. You'd think that vanilla would be a flavor that would be easy to get right, but I've found it's one of those that has so many different variations among juice retailers that finding the "perfect" one for me was far too daunting of a task. My two favorite store-bought varieties are Johnson Creek's Vanda (attention: 100% VG), and Revolution Vapor's Vanilla Swirl.

edit: Oh, dang it. Where are my manners? Welcome!

Last edited:

Tripster

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
S[A]E;9500684 said:
Nice! The only part that threw me off was the "tobacco" flavor I like a good tobacco but I don't think i'd like it with my Vanilla, but who knows? I haven't tried it!

I actually never thought I would vape vanilla flavors but this is quite good but...taste buds are off so my opinion could change later down the road.

Welcome to ECF and Vaping by the way!

S[A]E

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2013
Seattle, WA
www.soundcloud.com
Thanks guys! I appreciate it! Like I said, I love the whole movement I think it's great.

retrox, I will check those flavors out. I'm vaping 50/50 PG/VG right now but I'd be open to 100% VG on a juice. I want to try Boba's Bounty & I think that's a 100% VG?

edit: Just checked out "Vanda" from Johnson Creek, it sounds pretty damn good I put it on my list of e-juices to try ALSO I vape 18mg nicotine & on their site they use percentages. So I'm guessing 1.8% equals 18mg?

Last edited:

S[A]E

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2013
Seattle, WA
www.soundcloud.com
hmm haven't had that (yet) with the vanilla juice I have, it's a sweet inhale & nice vanilla flavor (not too heavy) & the exhale vapor smells like a faint vanilla but the weird thing is when I exhale I barley get any vanilla/sweet taste! Maybe because this is my only juice right now and that's all I'm vaping? I ordered "strawberry kiwi" last night so I will test this out.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
hmmm. I like Altsmoke's vanilla. They do a good job with it. It tastes like sweetened vanilla frosting I guess... But more adult/grown up. Its pretty good. Idk if it's still around but I had a good bottle of it a year or 1.5y ago and it was great. Vanilla love. Someone PIF'ed it to me. Definitely check out Altsmoke. They have a good customer base, good service, and their juices are pretty well received.

retrox

Flavor Chaser
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
NC, USA
One thing you might want to be aware of when you're shopping for Vanilla juices is that some of them contain Acetyl Propionyl or Diacetyl, which are compounds that produce a buttery or custardy taste in foods. There are known inhalation risks for these compounds. Click HERE to learn the risks.

Many Vanilla Flavors I've run across (including Killa) contain these, so I won't vape them. Some people don't care, and technically it's not proven if vaping those compounds in tiny amounts would ever cause any significant long-term health issues as outlined in the OSHA docs. Choosing not to vape them is my own choice, which is a shame because vanilla is my favorite flavor. But I didn't quit cigs just so I could keep on vaping stuff that might screw my lungs up. The decision is yours, I just wanted to put the info out there.

Unfortunately, it just makes my search for the perfect vanilla that much harder. :(

But I'll find it. Or make it myself. One or the other.

jrentor

Apr 29, 2013
USA
One thing you might want to be aware of when you're shopping for Vanilla juices is that some of them contain Acetyl Propionyl or Diacetyl, which are compounds that produce a buttery or custardy taste in foods. There are known inhalation risks for these compounds. Click HERE to learn the risks.

Many Vanilla Flavors I've run across (including Killa) contain these, so I won't vape them. Some people don't care, and technically it's not proven if vaping those compounds in tiny amounts would ever cause any significant long-term health issues as outlined in the OSHA docs. Choosing not to vape them is my own choice, which is a shame because vanilla is my favorite flavor. But I didn't quit cigs just so I could keep on vaping stuff that might screw my lungs up. The decision is yours, I just wanted to put the info out there.

Unfortunately, it just makes my search for the perfect vanilla that much harder. :(

But I'll find it. Or make it myself. One or the other.

I never heard of this before, I sort of wish I knew this beforehand buying killa vanilla.

After reading all the warnings it sounds a lot worst then smoking cigarettes, yeah we know smoking will kill you in 30+ years, but these chemicals sounds like can kill you a lot faster.

So which is worst?

I am really starting to doubt vaping is much safer, we have no clue what really in most of these juices do we really?

jrentor

Apr 29, 2013
USA
Vaping is much safer than smoking.
But I feel that eventually I'll Lane Staley from all the nicotine.
Just ordered some unneeded juice. But all in 12 mg.
White Beard Tobacco from Velvet Cloud. Is an organic VG Vanilla Cream Tobacco flavor. Seems like it took forever to properly steep.
But for a vanilla tobacco blend. It blows away every RY4.
Well maybe except for Halo Tribeca?

vaping has been around for how long? We just finding out about these ingredients that are dangerous to inhale and can possibly cause lung failure?

So maybe I move away from vanilla and to say a fruity flavor, in a few months they might find something in that that is just as bad?

I personally would love if if there was an absolute way to know what is safe and tested, just like is done with Foods.

Yeah I know going bad to cigarettes is horrible with all of its 4,000 chemicals, but which one can kill you faster? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread