Introduction/the REO defense at a B&M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there! My name is Raven and I am a former former smoker who relapsed while drunk on her 30th birthday....

My ecig journey: 2012 - I used Vapor Couture first, but their PG heavy juice gave me mouth blisters (yikes!). The blisters DID help me quit.... lol!
I then moved onto VG heavy juice in Kangertanks and Egos, which leaked expensive VG juice constantly all over my purse, wallet, smartphone, and money, so that was a failure as well. Probably my own errors in using it were the cause, but that made it no less infuriating to me.
My 31st birthday passed three months ago and I've decided to quit again. To alleviate the things I loathed about the other systems, I purchased a nice, user-friendly, American-made REO and it arrives tomorrow. I am extremely excited and I SINCERELY hope this will be the end of buying equipment (accessories and juice are fine! I just want something that will work).

The problem is, I decided to use cartos for ease of use as I don't want to fiddle with cotton and coils just yet, as I'm not particularly technically or mechanically inclined, and too much of a learning curve will just piss me off and probably send me back to analogs.

I bought a Cherry Vape drip tip to use on my cartos, but the website I used did not mention that I needed yet another drip tip (the Universal) to put under it when using cartos.

I wanted to find a B&M store nearby.

I tried to explain to the guy what a REO was.

I tried to explain to the guy that I was going to use cartos and needed a tip as a heat protector for the cartos. I tried to tell him what a Cherry Vape was.

The guy just talked to me like I was a ....., and he was insulting to boot. He kept telling me I made a mistake when buying a REO, I was going to fail, that a REO (after I showed him a diagram of how it worked) was impractical (?), and that I should go back to a tank system now! What an idiot - he just lost a customer.

I just want to use the system when it gets here! Grrrr Arrrgghhhh

emily n portland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2013
portland, OR, USA
Hi ravenofvalhalla!

I see you're in Portland.
I've only found one vape shop I like here...Escape Vapor Lounge on NE 82nd and Tilamook (i hope like heck that's not the one you went too!)
Every other one I've been to were quite snooty.
I know they don't know much about Reos, but they've always been super nice, friendly, and helpful to me.

I love my reo, but I've never used cartos. If you don't get good info here, stop by the reo sub-forum once you get your 5 posts in.
One of the nicest groups of people on the interwebs.

Welcome to ECF!

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
You will be welcomed in REOville with open arms and like-minded folks that are leaps and bounds more helpful and giving than your idiot B&M employees. I've been on bottomfeeders for years and got my 1st REO this year. Needless to say, you made the right choice in the end-game of e-cig exploration. The REO is dern-near idiot-proof and you can run it over with a truck and continue to vape. Congrats on your purchase! You'll do fine. Things will come together. We're here for you.

Hi, emily n portland!

I am in SW, and stopped at a store that was literally eight blocks from my house (Mr. Vape maybe?). It was disappointing how utterly useless the stop turned out to be. He was vaping out of what appeared to be some sort of giant lightsaber/baton with the biggest tank I have ever seen on it. Totally not what I want. He kept using the iTaste as a comparison. It was just not at all the reason I went. I just needed a drip tip!

I will explore the world of reomizers when I have a bit more money (and once I'm already over the quitting smoking clove "mini-cigars" thing)... I still have some Kona Velvet Milkshake left from VV, and am awaiting orders of well-reviewed flavors at Mt. Baker Vapor and D&D Vapor. Extremely excited to make this transition, but I need to check myself before I wreck myself....must....replenish....funds..... ;)

I head over to the east side fairly frequently, as a good friend of mine just moved here and is staying in Gresham. I can easily stop by on my way back. Thank you for the tip about Escape, and the lovely welcome!

Hi ravenofvalhalla!

I see you're in Portland.
I've only found one vape shop I like here...Escape Vapor Lounge on NE 82nd and Tilamook (i hope like heck that's not the one you went too!)
Every other one I've been to were quite snooty.
I know they don't know much about Reos, but they've always been super nice, friendly, and helpful to me.

I love my reo, but I've never used cartos. If you don't get good info here, stop by the reo sub-forum once you get your 5 posts in.
One of the nicest groups of people on the interwebs.

Welcome to ECF!

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Raven, tomorrow you will have your new reo and a whole new perspective on life. Can't wait to hear how much you love it. Welcome to the reo family. You won't find a better group of people or a better vape as far as I am concerned. Congrats to you. I'm almost as excited as you must be.
JC_goody.gif

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Welcome (very soon) to Reoville, Raven :toast:

As you've heard above, we'll be only too happy to help you with any and all questions you might have about getting the most out of your reo vape. The subforum is...

Reos Mods

Starting with cartos to get your feet under you is cool - it's got an old school chic to it. Before RDA's, cartos and 510 or 306 atties were really the only way to get your 'squonk' (term used to describe using a bottom feeding device) on. In fact, the next step for you, after the cartos, might be a nice 306 dripping atomizer (no building involved), but you can talk to a bunch of peeps about that before deciding how to proceed.

Be seeing you around.

ETA: Oh, and as far as B&M's go, you'll know more than them in about 2 days (if not already) - just smile when you see their mouths moving.

Last edited:

Rourke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
Brooklyn, CT
Congrats on your new Reo. I have only had mine for a couple of weeks and I love it. Everyone in Reoville has been so helpful. I hope you ordered a LP Reo, the low profile will fit many more attys. I know coil building and cotton looks intimidating, but the lp reomizer is practically idiot proof. And if you watch Super X Drifter videos on youtube you will be a pro in no time. Not to mention the cost savings of building your own coils. Soon it will even becomes fun to see how much better you can make them. Just remember to have fun and youtube is your friend. Here is a pic of my baby.

Attachments

• reo1.jpg
    reo1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 21
Welcome to ECF!

i thought i'd post a little update!

i got my reo grand! it's red and sparkly with a black wrinkle circle door. it... it's beautiful. sniff. i put it together and had it working in less than two minutes. nothing has leaked. nothing has broken. nothing has come apart. it's so easy. it's perfect.

i'm deeply in love.

there is no disadvantage to it at all. (i may have squonked a little hard, at first... but that didn't even hurt anything and sorted itself out after two inhales).

it's worth every single penny and i'd recommend it to anyone looking to quit in a heartbeat.

I've never heard of having to use something under your drip tip. am I behind the times? my friend uses cartos on her reo (that is what people used before rebuildables came around) and she just uses a regular acrylic drip tip....

it was just the particular model i purchased that apparently is heat-sensitive and needed a buffer between it and a hot carto. i went to another sw vape shop and an employee there was helpful.... and i walked out with a nice black drip tip i have had no problems with.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
i thought i'd post a little update!

i got my reo grand! it's red and sparkly with a black wrinkle circle door. it... it's beautiful. sniff. i put it together and had it working in less than two minutes. nothing has leaked. nothing has broken. nothing has come apart. it's so easy. it's perfect.

i'm deeply in love.

there is no disadvantage to it at all. (i may have squonked a little hard, at first... but that didn't even hurt anything and sorted itself out after two inhales).

it's worth every single penny and i'd recommend it to anyone looking to quit in a heartbeat.

Bazinga! Another reo win.

Now, you simply must pop into the reo subforum and show off a few pic of your new beauty. It's kind of a tradition in reoville, and you'll get initiated to the 'ville crew (many of whom will be your go-to source of info and tips as you grow into other aspects of vaping - e.g. other atties/rebuilding/etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread