The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Intruducing myself, 77 days free, moving up the food chain :)

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Camaroboi13, Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Camaroboi13

Camaroboi13 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hey all, been lurking for a minute, finally decided to take the leap and sign up. My name is Justin, and I have been vaping for 77 days after a 14 1/2 year battle with analogs. Glad that's finally over! So I've moved up from the cig looking devices, then to a replacement coil system, and today my first hybrid came in the mail via vapor beast. I just picked up a cheapo i-atty or IHybrid clone as most like to call it. Watched a few youtube vids on how to set everything up and I did so with good success. Seems like the only problem I have thus far is I still get a bit of a funky taste to it. I replaced the coil as soon as I got it and wrapped my own, but I'm still using the stock wick it came with. I have some 400 mesh on the way in the mail, but I wanted to get this thing started. With no juice in it, it has that "new" wick smell/taste to it...I am sure everyone here knows what I'm talking about. I took the wick out and burned it with some juice 3 or 4 times then put it back in. It just doesn't really seem to be wicking all that great, and I am sure it has something to do with it being a cheap mod to begin with. I can't imagine they'd use top dollar stuff on a 38 dollar toy. So needless to say, if I plug the air hole and try to suck through the drip tip i.e. trying to flood it, it seems like it pulls a little better flavor. But then the very next hit is kinda half and half w flavor plus "new wick flavor" and it's very unappealing. Is this something I'm just gonna have to deal with till my mesh comes in the mail? Thanks in advance for any responses!

2. FlamingoTutu

FlamingoTutu Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 5, 2013
    In the Mountains
    Hi Justin, welcome to ECF! Congratulations on quitting. :toast: Pretty awesome felling isn’t it? I’m not going to try to troubleshoot your system, you’re way ahead of me, except that perhaps you didn’t let it saturate the wick long enough? Just giving you a bump so others might answer your question. Cheers.

3. Apollo623

Apollo623 Unregistered Supplier

Hi Justin welcome to the group I to quit analogs only 5 months ago after 35 years with them, I am the mixoligest for JB vapes and make a lot of different e liquids for sampling and I have poured e liquid into brand new wick systems and litterley had to put it down till the next morning to get a good flavor taste but then some of them only need a few puffs to get great flavor so I dont quite understand the wicks my self, I guess it is a good thing I have a good supply of cartos and the like when 1 docent taste good i just pick up the next one lol.
    there are a lot of people on here with a lot more knowledge than me on those things, I seem to just deal with different flavors all day. good luck to you and hope you figure it out

4. Steam Turbine

Steam Turbine Ultra Member ECF Veteran

what are you running your i-atty on?

5. Camaroboi13

Camaroboi13 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm using the Ihybrid clone that fasttech sells, you have to remember that since the Mrs. quit at the same time I did, I have to buy TWO of everything when I want new toys lol.

A bit of an update, I think I just needed to let the wick soak a bit longer... the "new wick taste" seems to have diminished over night and I can taste my pink lemonade once again lol. So you were all right on the money with your answers. I knew that was probably the case...but who can wait a whole ten minutes before wanting a go at a new toy??? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.