Invite To All Other Newbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeMischief

Apr 21, 2017
Southsea
Hello. I have promised on a number of levels I would become more active helping others vape. I'm not a vaping expert like many here but have been going for about a year now (solidly for 8 months) so am starting to know my stuff. I will happily help any newbies with advice within the terms of this forum. I've spent the money (sometimes foolishly) and made the mistakes (often) hopefully so you don't have to. I have had some good success already converting a number of people from traditional cigarettes to vaping and have the advantage of being a fairly old fart and still getting to grips with this sometimes cutting edge technology. That may help those of us who aren't teenagers and might find it daunting. Feel free to PM me or add to this post. I will do my best...

Vape_Authority

Registered Supplier
Apr 4, 2017
www.ejuices.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Welcome to ecf. We have all been newbies at one time.......We can use all the help we can get so come on in and look around. Doesn't matter how long you have been vaping, if you can help, please do. And if you have questions, please ask......no question is considered dumb here at ecf......

Glad you found us.

:)

dyanaprajna

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2017
Indiana
Welcome! Any help getting smokers to vaping is good. And time doesn't matter. I've been vaping about 3 months, but I've done enough reading and tinkering for a lifetime (I've been DIY-ing my own juice and coils for about a month). I've just recently converted my first smoker, ironically enough, my ex-wife's boyfriend.

JoeMischief

Apr 21, 2017
Southsea
Welcome to ecf. We have all been newbies at one time.......We can use all the help we can get so come on in and look around. Doesn't matter how long you have been vaping, if you can help, please do. And if you have questions, please ask......no question is considered dumb here at ecf......

Glad you found us.

'no question is considered dumb here at the ecf'... That's so sweet. You OBVIOUSLY haven't met ME yet!

JoeMischief

Apr 21, 2017
Southsea
Welcome! Any help getting smokers to vaping is good. And time doesn't matter. I've been vaping about 3 months, but I've done enough reading and tinkering for a lifetime (I've been DIY-ing my own juice and coils for about a month). I've just recently converted my first smoker, ironically enough, my ex-wife's boyfriend.

Like your style. Some guys would buy a gun. You saved his life! I'm just about to start coil building. Wish me luck!

dyanaprajna

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2017
Indiana
Like your style. Some guys would buy a gun. You saved his life! I'm just about to start coil building. Wish me luck!

He's actually a pretty nice guy, and I'm still on decent terms with the ex. Good luck with coil building, and don't get dismayed, it can be a bit of a pain at first, but you'll get the hang of it.

JoeMischief

Apr 21, 2017
Southsea
Bit gutted that t_juice post was removed. Was a very sweet message.

My best bits of advice are
1. Make it easy for yourself to succeed
2. Do your research
3. Don't beat yourself up over the odd cig

There are so many resources here but for a noob who was unaware of this place I found YouTube was also helpful. Loved a bit of Zophie Vapes. Helped me choose easy to use hardware and to use it properly. We even chose stuff that was real easy (the first mod we chose had charging docks so we could pop them all over the house) and was very simple to operate. Once we had researched how to use it properly we got multiple coils/tanks/batteries/USB chargers etc. They were stashed at work/in cars/everywhere. Made it easy to succeed as whilst getting used to a new habit/making mistakes etc. It was easy to succeed as we could bail to the reserves rather than fall off the wagon whilst working out issues. HOWEVER.... If you do have the odd cig then it's part of the process. Having one cig and then convincing yourself that you are just back smoking again is kinda validating just smoking again. It often takes a bit of effort. It takes learning a new habit. Sometimes it's also nice to have the occasional cigar or cig when you're drunk. Trust me though that once you get into it you'll be SO glad you have vaping to go back to the next day...

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Bit gutted that t_juice post was removed. Was a very sweet message.

My best bits of advice are
1. Make it easy for yourself to succeed
2. Do your research
3. Don't beat yourself up over the odd cig

There are so many resources here but for a noob who was unaware of this place I found YouTube was also helpful. Loved a bit of Zophie Vapes. Helped me choose easy to use hardware and to use it properly. We even chose stuff that was real easy (the first mod we chose had charging docks so we could pop them all over the house) and was very simple to operate. Once we had researched how to use it properly we got multiple coils/tanks/batteries/USB chargers etc. They were stashed at work/in cars/everywhere. Made it easy to succeed as whilst getting used to a new habit/making mistakes etc. It was easy to succeed as we could bail to the reserves rather than fall off the wagon whilst working out issues. HOWEVER.... If you do have the odd cig then it's part of the process. Having one cig and then convincing yourself that you are just back smoking again is kinda validating just smoking again. It often takes a bit of effort. It takes learning a new habit. Sometimes it's also nice to have the occasional cigar or cig when you're drunk. Trust me though that once you get into it you'll be SO glad you have vaping to go back to the next day...
LOL...You fit in here nicely.......exact message most of us give out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread