iPhone Calculator / Recipe Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocketPuppy

Veteran Puppy
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
Bay Area, California, USA
Looks good, but noticing that there isn't a way to put in % of vg/pg you want, or the vg/pg makeup of the nic base. Is that something you're looking to add?

Yes. I didn't as part of version 1 as I personally use 100% VG diluted with water.

I really like the simplicity and ease of use, but like goalie said, vg/pg make-up is a necessity, both as the nic make-up and what the end product should be.

kirkb

Aug 25, 2013
Az
I really like the simplicity and ease of use, but like goalie said, vg/pg make-up is a necessity, both as the nic make-up and what the end product should be.

I wanted to get everyones opinion about the implementation of PG / VG % in the calculation. I know theres some hardcore DIY folks out there that track PG/VG across all flavors. I'm really leaning towards simplicity with the eJuicer app and don't want to add PG/VG % to each flavor. I'd like to focus PG/VG% on the base and base + nic. Wanted to get everyones thoughts on this. Also, if i don't track PG/VG across each flavor, do i remove it from the calculation or do i assume its PG? Thoughts ... totally open to suggestion here.

Thanks.

Kirk

BTW, this is what the implementation looks like so far:

iOS Simulator Screen shot Jun 7, 2014, 9.59.23 AM.jpg

Last edited:

goalie

Mar 20, 2014
Minnesota, US
I wanted to get everyones opinion about the implementation of PG / VG % in the calculation. I know theres some hardcore DIY folks out there that track PG/VG across all flavors. I'm really leaning towards simplicity with the eJuicer app and don't want to add PG/VG % to each flavor. I'd like to focus PG/VG% on the base and base + nic. Wanted to get everyones thoughts on this. Also, if i don't track PG/VG across each flavor, do i remove it from the calculation or do i assume its PG? Thoughts ... totally open to suggestion here.
I do like what you've done with this update. Personally, I don't consider the PG/VG in the flavoring as its a minority ingredient and shouldn't impact it too much. I look at the nic base and the rest of the mixture. I can't wait to try it out when it hits the store :)

reptilr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Just came across this like 5 seconds ago and glad i did, I use the other one quite a lot, and now not having to find my receipe book or use any other app to record my creations.....so good to see, its going to be so handy. I look forward to giving this app a go in the next few days. Thanks heaps!!

kirkb

Aug 25, 2013
Az
Sorry, I meant the version shown in post 47. I have the app, was wondering when the version with the base options might be available. Thanks

Sent using Tapatalk

Ahh, gotcha the pg/vg. I'm finishing it up with a few other minor tweaks. Should have it submitted to apple in the next couple of weeks. Considering it took months to get them to approve the initial release, I don't want to promise anything. But I can say it will be submitted soon.

since1981

Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
I don't think that PG/VG % for each flavor is a necessity, too. Like @goalie already mention it's kind of factor one don't have to pay too much attention too. The best flavors are 100% PG anyway.

Focusing on PG/VG% on the base and base + nic is the way to go.

What I'm eagerly waiting for is an option for grams. It's by far the easiest mixing method I came across and there's no iPhone (I like/I'm aware of) which supports grams instead of Drops and ml's.

With time you could add a settings page (swipe right) where the user could toggle on or off his desired measurement system. Alternatively a "log press/touch" on Drops could change between grams and Drops.

What also would fit nicely on the settings page is an option to buy an ad-free version of eJuicer (for whatever amount makes it sustainable)…. Currently eJuicer is the only app of my 180 apps on my phone which has ads (==> which equals to "I don't like ads").

Other ideas:
… which could add value to the ad-free version

- selecting a font color for the recipe in recipe informations
- some guys might even like pictures (Don't count me in here, I like the simplicity as it is… but it is relatively simple to code)
- tags for those recipe nuts… #bitter #sweet #cinnamon
- … ander where there are tags, there must be a search option which searches the whole recipe, notes, tags…
- when opening a recipe, below the ingredient list should also be a section for the notes. The name of the recipe would also be cool… but since I can guess it from the ingredients it's not a biggie… plus I don't know where to feat it else (maybe above "Ingredient List" with the selected font color as background color and the name in white type).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread