IPV 35w and 50w box mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a good point, another reason they loosen up all the time is the metal expanding and contracting from the heating/cooling cycle that coils are constantly going through, I have to tighten mine everyday on my trident and magma.

Have you tried fastening the coil legs in the direction of the screw? That way if the coil expands on heating, then it will tighten the screw instead of loosening it.

abrb701

Jul 30, 2014
Washington
Have you tried fastening the coil legs in the direction of the screw? That way if the coil expands on heating, then it will tighten the screw instead of loosening it.
I might be misunderstanding you but I don't think that applies to the magma and trident, they have post holes, so you aren't wrapping around the screw.

I do what i think you mean with the igo L, I never have to tighten it again after I build it.
Edit: Now that I think about it, the expanding/contracting shouldnt really matter with post holes after the first day or two.

Last edited:

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Well most likely your coil is looose inside your atty aka screws not tight to the coil

Sense my stuff rides in a vehicle everyday I have to tighten everything about every other day
It's actually from the crappy 510 screw in the mod...I don't run into many problems switching atty's after I figured out a good height for the pin for all atomizers in rotation.

But...If you have your atty completely flush, the atty will loosen up just a hair..creating a loose connection/high contact resistance= increase in voltage.

valooper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
USA
It's actually from the crappy 510 screw in the mod...I don't run into many problems switching atty's after I figured out a good height for the pin for all atomizers in rotation.

But...If you have your atty completely flush, the atty will loosen up just a hair..creating a loose connection/high contact resistance= increase in voltage.
Hmm I have never had a issue with 510 screw backing out even with the mod riding in the bouncy truck all day

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
This might be wrong thread to ask this question if so I apologize ! My cloupor dna 30 watt mod gives no "Low Battery" indicator on the led screen,no big deal everything else works just fine.My ipv v2 50 watt mod does.

My cloupor do not show low battery status use all the way till it stop firing

Sent from Gotham City using Tapatalk

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I highly doubt P4U is going to do anything with the soldering or build quality , i have zero issues with the build and i rarely , and i mean extremely rarely hear of anyone complaining about the build .

I also have not heard much at all about failures , most rave about them.

There's actually two people who i have heard complain out of thousands lol, i would also go with P4U chip over anything that Cloupor puts out , Cloupor doesn't have nearly as much experience and their warranty is very questionable.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I would be more inclined to go with the YiHi chip in the IPV3 , but Pioneer4you needs to fix the janky soldering and shoddy construction from the IPV2. Wait until the units actually come out and look at the reviews before you spend your money.

I don't agree with the shoddy craftsmanship, mine has been checked and honestly looks pretty solid. I think it's all about where in the production run you device was made, they were getting a lot of pressure on the delays. Don't get me wrong, sounds like you have issues but everyone isn't having the same problem.

That being said, I wish I would have held off just because of the speed these devices are moving. Three weeks after mine delivered I could pick up 150W box for $20 more then a 50W. I have an issue with the way Pioneer4you is handling the release of this product, personally I think it's a little shady. The are pulling a Microsoft and putting a Beta on the market and continuing to evolve the product based on complaints. They could have sent several out as betas and had them used, received feedback and tweaked the product.

Pisses me off that they took my unit and three weeks later dropped a new release with upgrades. So I would say hold off a bit and let Pioneer4you quit screwing around.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I would be more inclined to go with the YiHi chip in the IPV3 , but Pioneer4you needs to fix the janky soldering and shoddy construction from the IPV2. Wait until the units actually come out and look at the reviews before you spend your money.
The 510 is the worst part of this mod..I wish we could have Variable Voltage instead..all my crappy atty-clones that have loose coils give me *nice* surprises every now and then..but even with my solid attys, the 510 screw slips, and power surge.. I'm trying to get it to happen while there's a scope measuring it. There was enough voltage to cause the positive leg on a 1ohm, 26awg dual coil to send an arc flying out of my airhole, breaking the positive leg.(vertical build in origen=rather short positive leg)

..and of course, that happened after I went through ALL my resistance wire. The shop close by charges less than twice the price of lightning vapes, so at least there's that.

**=sarcasm.

Does anyone have an estia on theirs? I'm debating getting a 510+hybrid for mine, but I may just wait on a 510adapter for the original version I already have... 140€ is a nice chunk-o'-change.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I don't agree with the shoddy craftsmanship, mine has been checked and honestly looks pretty solid. I think it's all about where in the production run you device was made, they were getting a lot of pressure on the delays. Don't get me wrong, sounds like you have issues but everyone isn't having the same problem.

That being said, I wish I would have held off just because of the speed these devices are moving. Three weeks after mine delivered I could pick up 150W box for $20 more then a 50W. I have an issue with the way Pioneer4you is handling the release of this product, personally I think it's a little shady. The are pulling a Microsoft and putting a Beta on the market and continuing to evolve the product based on complaints. They could have sent several out as betas and had them used, received feedback and tweaked the product.

Pisses me off that they took my unit and three weeks later dropped a new release with upgrades. So I would say hold off a bit and let Pioneer4you quit screwing around.

Totally disagree , so your saying that P4U was releasing an unfinished product , what are you basing this conclusion on ? You can't base it on continuing improvements of the product (every device you can buy says this product may be improved or changed without your consent ).

The iPV I and iPV II were certainly ready for release , mine works fantastic , it's a great mod . It's not a Beta product , you want to know what a Beta product is , look at Cloupor , they freely admitted their Cana mod was a Beta product when first released. The iPV's were far more tested and ready for prime time than Cloupors Cana mod , but of course the manufacturer will always look to improve their products

Mod manufacturers #1 goal is to make money , period . P4U is not doing anything that other mod manufacturers aren't , they come up with and continue to develop mods because they want to make as much money as they can , just like any other business.

The fact that you can pick up 150 or 200 watt mods for slightly more money is not surprising , what i find surprising is people who bought the 50 watt expecting that to be the end of it .

To avoid being disappointed , people need to do their research and decide what wattage device will satisfy their needs , since some now want 150 watts instead of 50 watts tells me some people are still uncertain about what product will suit their needs the best.

It is not in any way the manufacturers fault .

PS: I wish i waited a few more weeks to buy my Asus laptop , the improved model is nicer and for essentially the same money .

I chose to buy when i did and it fits my needs , i fully expect improvements to happen at lightning speed without my consent , thats business 101.

Last edited:

BigLungs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2012
Champaign, Illinois
Not to mention the IPV1 and IPV 2 came out at basically the same exact time, because of this EVERYONE should have known that they didn't plan to stop there. P4Y is a business and they care about making money, just like every other business. Everyone knew a V1(35watt) and a V2(50watt) were being released at the same time, so don't sit there and complain beta this and beta that. P4Y knows that people want more so they are giving you more.

If you don't like it, simple, don't buy it! If you don't want to be an early adopter, simple, wait! Stop complaining because you didn't have the self restraint to wait a couple months! If anyone feels that butthurt about being an early adopter then sell your device now before more come out and prices ultimately drop down the road.

Anything you purchase when it is first released is a gamble, every time. If you don't feel comfortable taking chances then wait for reviews on top of reviews on top of more reviews.

Early adopters always have to be prepared to spend more money in the long run, such as extra back and forth shipping charges to get bugs worked out. This is why early adopters typically pay lower prices up front(pre order)

Last edited:

gel drops

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2011
South Carolina
Like I really needed more mods I actually purchased 2 within a week "Cloupor 30" and the " ipv 50 " .The only reason I did that was because I was going to attempt making my own builds subs preferably,that was about a month ago and I am NOT up to speed yet on my build, some learn faster than others, I guess the point that I'm trying to make is I have a tendency 2 won't the latest and greatest,for me at this point 50 watts is more than enough for me.I really don't care if they come out with a 500 watt mod ,if i am unable to find the sweet spot with what I'm working with now,IMO that would be stupid,PV are becoming like cell phones get something new out about every other month.sorry for the rambling.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Not to mention the IPV1 and IPV 2 came out at basically the same exact time, because of this EVERYONE should have known that they didn't plan to stop there. P4Y is a business and they care about making money, just like every other business. Everyone knew a V1(35watt) and a V2(50watt) were being released at the same time, so don't sit there and complain beta this and beta that. P4Y knows that people want more so they are giving you more.

If you don't like it, simple, don't buy it! If you don't want to be an early adopter, simple, wait! Stop complaining because you didn't have the self restraint to wait a couple months! If anyone feels that butthurt about being an early adopter then sell your device now before more come out and prices ultimately drop down the road.

Anything you purchase when it is first released is a gamble, every time. If you don't feel comfortable taking chances then wait for reviews on top of reviews on top of more reviews.

Early adopters always have to be prepared to spend more money in the long run, such as extra back and forth shipping charges to get bugs worked out. This is why early adopters typically pay lower prices up front(pre order)
See...I'm not only talking about the chip.. and other electronic components. The product as a whole.

I see the IPV2 case as a beta product, and with the 2S released before people that preordered got theirs, that is horse :censored:.. I try a new dripper out with the battery cover on. I have to take the cover off to clean that juice up...yeah, great job with the plastic housing, but I get liquid in my ipv just from the build up of a dripper popping liquid out while firing it...

..and my vume bell pos is a great vape, but the negative airholes cause a little leaking..not as bad as putting 3drops in a tobh and tipping it in the wrong way though..but still.

My touch sensor doesn't work anymore because they:
A.) Didn't test the casing...oops- release "S" version.
B.) They did test the casing, but they'll make more money releasing a "new and improved" version after selling original version to the people that paid for it already..

Don't get me wrong. I love this mod... it's all I want to use..if it had a dual battery, I wouldn't think about the IPV3..but the fact they release an "S"version, a few days before I got my preordered IPV2, rubbed me the wrong way..but it was a delayed response. When my touch sensor died, anger ensued at the idea that I wouldn't be experiencing any of these issues if they did it correctly for us the first time.

I've brought up that electrical equipment(switch gear..etc..) isn't designed with maintenance in mind to an engineer. He quickly snapped back with, "well, as an engineer, I can tell you that all I really care about is getting it out of the door." Haha- of course, this is the engineer that manufactured my dad's patent.

I know that not all engineers don't have that same tunnel vision, but it's hard to foresee things like liquid leaking into the mod from the battery cover.

One look at the 510 connector, you know it's crap. If you own an origen, put it on the ipv, and take the top cap off and put it back on...I see mine kicking the bucket soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread