The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

IPV 35w and 50w box mods

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by ainako, Jun 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BigLungs

BigLungs Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2012
    Champaign, Illinois
    You say you see it as a beta product, but beta means not ready for market. This device is completely ready for market.
    The 2s isn't released yet, it is in preorder stage. They are making the 2s because people are asking for it.

As far as your issues with the IPV2, yes if you allow liquid to leak all over it the liquid will find it's way inside. Liquid and electronics don't mix, so don't use atties that leak all over the place.

I own many regulated devices and every single one of them would be ruined if I allowed liquid to leak all over them and get inside to the electronics. So I ask how is the IPV2 any more of a beta than any other device out there? The issues you have with liquids potential to get inside the unit don't apply to just the IPV series, but all electronics.

Quote"My touch sensor doesn't work anymore because they:
    A.) Didn't test the casing...oops- release "S" version.
    B.) They did test the casing, but they'll make more money releasing a "new and improved" version after selling original version to the people that paid for it already.."

Your touch sensor doesn't work anymore because YOU got liquid inside the device, not them. It was never meant to be liquid proof. I have been using my IPV2 exclusively since I received it, 90% of the time with drippers, and I have yet to get a single drop of liquid on or in the device. This is because I take special care to not let my atties leak.

I am sorry that you have been having issues with your device, but the device is still everything they advertised it to be. It isn't their fault that you expected it to be able to do things it was never indented to do. They never misled you in any way. They released pictures and videos before you purchased it, you already knew it had a seam on the top, yet you expected it to be something it wasn't.

No one was lied to or misled in any way, yet everyone wants to be mad because they didn't wait for an updated version.

2. suspectK

suspectK Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Alabummer
    Yeah, that's why I only use my origen on it...

But this thread is for .....ing it seems. So I vented. Yay.

Edit-at least they gave us a 1year warranty..but I don't know where my card that came with my mod is.
    Editedit- and I preordered, so I wasn't aware of the seam issue at the top before I received it...but you don't get any liquid in your mod? Even with drippers like an omega, with airholes almost flush with mod..

3. gel drops

gel drops Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 7, 2011
    South Carolina
    This might be helpful to some that are planning on getting the cloupor 150 watt mod, shipping should start in about 20 days
    This info came from a sales representative from cloupor. Anybody planning on getting the cloupor T8,or the IPV 3 ?

4. herb

herb Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Few can afford to follow on a path of always purchasing the latest and greatest , i bet we would all prefer to have the latest and greatest but unless you have unlimited funds it's not reality .

Blaming the manufacturers because of it not being possible is a little odd. They do what they do and it's always been that way.

I don't know why your getting liquid in your iPV , i have leaked juice all over mine several times and it never gets inside. Seems my iPV is all aluminum , if you got plastic i would be pissed .

Regarding you not getting your preorder until P4U was about to release the S version , is the S version even being offered to buy yet , i think it's still not out but i could be wrong.

Is it really fair to blame P4U for Elev8's issues and incredibly slow shipping times for getting these in the hands of their customers in a timely manner ? I had my iPV for months before most got theirs from Elev8 , thats Elev8's deal .

If you buy from them at a discounted price your going to have a long wait , iPV's were available to buy from other vendors well before Elev8 got it's act together . Thats a vendor issue not a P4U issue.

Hope you get it worked out

5. herb

For drippers , 'Madvape's' sells a cupped adapter with a well that will catch juice and it seems to be a good precaution for juice leaks .

6. herb

You know your 100% correct , completely forgot that this thread is for outbreaks of hostility and frustration , good call.

7. Minnaz

Minnaz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2014
    Australia
    Just wondering, has anyone tested whether the battery lasts longer with a low ohm coil pushing less volts or with a high ohm.coil pushimg more volts?

I'm not sure I remember how to build a coil ober 1ohm :p but have tested with a .2 ohm coil and a .5 ohm coil and there doesn't seem to be mich difference if any

8. BigLungs

Dec 29, 2012
    Champaign, Illinois
    Everyone has to vent sometimes.
    No, I don't get liquid in my mod because I don't let liquid on my mod to begin with. I use drippers with single air holes for a reason, keep that air hole pointed up when vaping and no chance for liquid to leak out, ever. I also vape all the excess liquid out before pocketing my mod, that way it doesn't leak in my pocket.

I ran an experiment earlier. I took liquid and put a few drops all along the seam on the top of my IPV2 and let it sit there for two hours. I then wiped the top off and took the battery door off, liquid never made it further than 1/2mm into the seam. I don't see this as a problem at all.

Edit: I preordered as well, and every place I saw that had them up for preorder showed pictures of the device. Those pictures showed the battery door taken off which showed there would be a seam. I also, as I always do, looked around the internet for information before I made my purchase and found out everything I needed to know.

9. vaperXant

vaperXant Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2014
    New Mexico

Except for your mods, you dont want them venting

10. BigLungs

Dec 29, 2012
    Champaign, Illinois
    Well I don't want my batteries to vent, but should they, I want plenty of venting available on my mod :)

11. _sidekick_

_sidekick_ Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2013
    CA
    Does anyone have issues with dry hits on these? For example, I can build my 454 and get zero dry hits using it on a mechanical. I throw it on the IPV with the same build, wick, everything and I'll get dry hits, even if I keep the voltage the same as what mechanical would be firing at (under 4.2V)...

12. suspectK

Aug 7, 2013
    Alabummer
    Don't put your mouth on it... fire the ipv several times with different atty's on it. Does your resistance and voltage fluctuate?

13. _sidekick_

_sidekick_ Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2013
    CA
    No. It only seems to happen with single coils (low or high resistance). I just don't get it. With a dual coil build, I don't have the issue.

14. suspectK

Aug 7, 2013
    Alabummer
    Hmmm...weird..

You've confirmed voltage loss measurements of mech+battery when comparing the two?

That's the only thing I can think of...unless, the ipv is outputting higher than it should be.

15. BigLungs

Dec 29, 2012
    Champaign, Illinois
    Chances are it's because you are getting more power than you are used to. What is your build like? Resistance, wraps, gauge, drill bit size?
    Most people are never actually achieving the watts and voltage they think they're getting with a mechanical, so then when you jump to a regulated mod that WILL give you the voltage and wattage you set it for it can be much more intense.

Have you checked, with a good multimeter, the voltage under load at the posts on both the mechanical and the IPV? Is the IPV firing at the correct voltage?

If it is firing at the correct voltage, then the reason is because you weren't getting the voltage you thought you were with the mechanical. Either that or you have a hot spot or something in your build. There is really no other possibilities on why the vape would be different.

16. ddkl7780

ddkl7780 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2014
    Las vegas
    Think you can buy a sx350 chip and replace the sx330 in the ipv v2?

17. ddkl7780

ddkl7780 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2014
    Las vegas
    Would be interesting to try maybe

18. MrPlink

MrPlink Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Biggest problem is the difference in screen size.
    It would probably be easier and more worthwhile to just build a different box from the ground up than monkey around with the glorified sardine can that is the ipv box.

19. longhornvap

longhornvap Moved On

Oct 23, 2014
    Grapevine, TX
    wait for IPV Mini.........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.