• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ipvd2 died on me (1.5 month usage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karstine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2015
Sorry to hear that, something you don't hear to often happening to the D2 I believe...mine has been dropped hard a few times and still works with no issues...despite its reliability its electronic and electronics occasionally fail, that's why I always have a mechanical backup on hand.

yea, the condensation from the goblin is a killer man

Might have been bad luck. But from now on to prevent such cases, I will start to either use a heat sink or pop an o-ring into the 510 connector area. Thanks guys!

Karstine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2015
My condolences... I happen to have a d2 about the same age... Will be heart broken if it happens to me... It's such a fine lil mod... Time to get a better one...:rolleyes:

From the sounds of it... Sounds like your 510 shorted out your board somehow... Maybe condensation, maybe the 510 wiring came loose or wore out somehow causing the short

Sorry to hear that, something you don't hear to often happening to the D2 I believe...mine has been dropped hard a few times and still works with no issues...despite its reliability its electronic and electronics occasionally fail, that's why I always have a mechanical backup on hand.

Thanks guys for all the tips! So I opened up the chip casing and pour isopropyl alcohol and flooded my whole chip area (without any batt attached of course!). Let it dissolve the gunk and pour out the excess before I went to air dry it. IPV D2 have been somewhat revived. Tried to turn it on 20 times and all 20 times it can be powered on. Only time will tell if it's truly revived.

Edit: I need to to put a disclaimer first before idiots actually use this dangerous method without knowing anything. Alcohol is bloody dangerous. It's flammable. Do work with care when using it. Don't be a dumbhat by smoking around alcohol or dry it using an open fire or a strong hair dryer. And don't bloody forget to take out the damn 18650.

I myself don't recommend this method. It's just me being reckless with calculated risk.

Last edited:

Karstine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2015

cloudysheep

Account closed on request
Oct 5, 2015
behind you
Work with caution. Keep all flammable source away. Never dry alcohol with powerful hairdryer. Always remember to take batt out.

And finally know thyself. If not sure or not confident whether you can work with alcohol, don't.
If cannot work with alcohol.... One should drink it.....

Comrade Vape

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2015
Local
Is it me or every thread I view there's something about food..
kfc-chicken.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread