Is 24mg nicotine level just too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
Been happily vaping but still trying to find a good balance on nicotine level.

I still smoke analogs a few times a day, but in my home office, I can vape away all day.

I did that with a 24mg nicotine level e-juice and boy did I get a headache. Kinda felt a bit ill the next day. oops.

I just picked up some 11mg level e-juice this afternoon (different flavor). May be my imagination, but it seems 'lighter'.

Questions.

1. In general, do the lower nic level e-juices taste lighter?

2. Has anyone else dropped to a really low nic level for all day long vaping?

Thanks,
Craig

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hello and welcome to ecf. The level of nic depends on you. And yes the taste will seem lighter. I vape 12mg nic all day long. And have several mods and flavors so I don't get tired of just vaping the same ejuice constantly. If you want to cut down the 24mg liquid you can go to walmart and buy some VG(vegetable glycerin) and some distilled water. Only put one drop in to start(of both) that should cut the strong flavor a bit, but if you want more then one more drop of the VG. I am talking a 10ml bottle so if you have a bigger bottle adjust accordingly. We are striving to keep from craving the analog, not to od on the nic. lol
Altho I am at 12mg there are a lot of members who vape 6ml and zero nic. It is all up to you.
:)
:)

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
I used to chain 36mg when I started three months and a half months ago, I'm down to six or twelve now, still hit something stronger when the urge strikes..but I definitely can't chain-vape anything over 18mg without getting pretty messed up nowadays. I'd get a bottle of whatever you have already in a lower strength, 6mg maybe, and mix half of each bottle into a third. Then you have 6mg, 24mg, and something midway between the two, gives you lots of options without compromising flavor at all.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Nic totally depends on your own tolerance. I don't see the need for vaping more than 24 mg but some (like above) even vape 36 which is waaaay to much for most people. I vape 20 to 24 mg so not too high IMO.

I do taper off in the evening. I do it by vaping less. However, I could cut the juice if I wanted to. To each their own.

Some cut down gradually. Some don't. Nic is responsible for much of the throat-hit (TH). But vaporization quality, PG content, and flavor contribute too.

Do what works for you. Also note there are quitting symptoms that you will probably go through. So read up and realize there's and adjustment period as you detox from all the other chemicals.

There's a "trick" you can use to test out what works. Get one bottle 24 mg and one bottle 0 mg of same PG/VG and flavor. Mixing the two at different ratios will give you ideas of what works and what doesn't. (with a little math)

Last edited:

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I like 24-36, even higher if I can get it! But I also still smoke, pain does weird things to a body! BUT, I've fallen in love with Mad Murdock's 710 and can only get it in 9mg. I drip it, and I assure you, it doesn't "hit light!" I'm not sure what's different about it, so it really comes down to juice and taste.

ivanrooni

Feb 17, 2010
ATL
Was a smoker for 35 years. Started vaping 4 years ago this Fall and I've not smoked an analog since. Started with 18mg cut down to 12 but like 18 better. I was a menthol smoker when I quit so I've stayed with menthol juice.

I bought glycerin to add and l like it. Produces slightly more vape cloud.

I do like the idea of trying 24 @ the start of the day then backing down.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
Bouncing back and fourth between vaping and analogs will just make it harder to make the final switch IMO. Urgently get your nico routine figured out, plus a device setup that satisfies you and then it's Time To Make A Clean Break.

It took me about 4 days of experimenting and then I dove in. Flushed the remainder of analogs down the toilet before I went to bed and off I went. It's been 4 weeks now!!!!

First three days were a little tough, but I had enough enticing equipment and juices to keep me interested.

Also while I have settled on 18mg myself (I was 1.5 PAD) I keep a clearo of 24mg tobacco juice around for those moments when I even think about an analog relapse.

I'm feeling victorious. I don't even think of fouling up my winning streak anymore.

You can do this.... It's time to charge up and take the leap.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
It is my opinion that your need for nicotine may change over time. I was a very heavy long term smoker and needed 24mg when I started. After 2-3 months I began to get the jitters, anxiety, sleeplessness, the woozies...so I cut back slowly. After 6 months I was down to 12mg...after a year I'm at 9mg. I did not intend to cut down, but I found that I needed to.

I also found that after 3 months, my body was processing caffeine and other stimulants, like sugar, much more rapidly so I had to cut back to more decaf coffee and less sugary drinks. I have read some articles that say your liver is very busy filtering out all the other chemicals in cigarette smoke, so when you stop smoking your body responds differently to other stuff like caffeine, sugar and nicotine, because your liver can process them more efficiently.

I'm not a medical professional, but that makes sense to me. So, all I'm saying is, your needs for nicotine may change over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread