Is 555 supposed to taste like Peanut Butter? Mine Does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RooksGambit

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Lexington, Kentucky
So, my roommate and I ordered a few bottles of liquid from ElectroNicStix, because we love their "Camel" flavor. I tried some Dekang 555 that a buddy of mine got and loved it. It is supposed to be one of the more popular flavors. So I got some as an "all day" vape.

Problem is, it tastes exactly like peanut butter. Mostly smells like it, too. I mixed some of the strawberry we got with it and tried it. I said not a word to my roommate and handed him my 510 for a sample.

He got a funny look on his face and said, "That tastes exactly like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Sweet!" And it is. But not for all day, every day use. I nodded and told him that's exactly what I was thinking.

So...555 s'posed to smell and taste like peanut butter? As a sort of experimental control group, the Dekang 555 tastes like a subtle mix of almond and cinnamon to me. Very different flavors.

-Rook

Data4

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
Tacoma, WA
Someone... I'm thinking maybe CasH... said it smelled like warm mixed nuts. I pretty much agree with that. Yeah, there's a peanut essence to it, but I can pick up some cashew and a hint of hazelnut in there, too. Never thought about mixing with Strawberry for a PB&J effect, though. Personally, I'm a traditionalist, preferring grape jelly. I wonder how grape flavored juice would taste with it. I haven't tried any fruity flavors yet.

ournature

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
bologna, ITALY
So, my roommate and I ordered a few bottles of liquid from ElectroNicStix, because we love their "Camel" flavor. I tried some Dekang 555 that a buddy of mine got and loved it. It is supposed to be one of the more popular flavors. So I got some as an "all day" vape.

Problem is, it tastes exactly like peanut butter. Mostly smells like it, too. I mixed some of the strawberry we got with it and tried it. I said not a word to my roommate and handed him my 510 for a sample.

He got a funny look on his face and said, "That tastes exactly like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Sweet!" And it is. But not for all day, every day use. I nodded and told him that's exactly what I was thinking.

So...555 s'posed to smell and taste like peanut butter? As a sort of experimental control group, the Dekang 555 tastes like a subtle mix of almond and cinnamon to me. Very different flavors.

-Rook

pretty much.

Psyc

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Dekang 555 does taste nutty. It's a bit like unsalted, unsweetened peanut butter. I really hope it never changes, since it's awesome the way it is.

scott58

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
NorthWest Indiana
I don't use Dekang, but my 555 does not taste like PB.

555 smells pea nutty, but to me the taste is like a Virginian tobacco, with a nutty under-tone.

Yeah, that's how i would describe it also. I just got some peanut butter cup and it tastes nothing like 555. Like PB, but couldn't do it all the time. 555 on the other hand is really good.

RooksGambit

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Lexington, Kentucky
Someone... I'm thinking maybe CasH... said it smelled like warm mixed nuts. I pretty much agree with that. Yeah, there's a peanut essence to it, but I can pick up some cashew and a hint of hazelnut in there, too. Never thought about mixing with Strawberry for a PB&J effect, though. Personally, I'm a traditionalist, preferring grape jelly. I wonder how grape flavored juice would taste with it. I haven't tried any fruity flavors yet.

Coincidentally, we ended up with Grape also. We had ordered banana, but was sent that instead. It tastes like a peanut butter and grape jelly sandwich. ;)

I was vaping a really bad camel flavor before this, so I think the drastic change in quality may have really highlighted the peanut butteryness. It's not nearly so strong today. I also cut it with some glycerine to take some of the kick out.

It's workin' for me just fine now. Thanks guys!

-Rook

HaploVoss

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Rogersville, MO - USA
I haven't vaped any 555 other than what I got from Drew at nHaler - I would describe it as a really tasty tobacco with a very slight nutty flavor perhaps. But it is both my wife and mines absolutely favorite vape and my very favorite for any mixing that I do. It really takes on other flavors well, but I still get that 'tobacco undertone' I personally like :D -> But, I definitely can say it is nowhere near tasting like Peanut Butter :p
So I am interested to know if Drew mixes up his 555 specially or if it is a diff vendor or what? Drew you readin this one?

Take care,
- Hap

RooksGambit

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Lexington, Kentucky
This definitely still tastes like peanut butter, but I understand that just because it's called 555 doesn't mean it's going to taste like other 555's. I've been cutting 50/50 with glycerin anyway, and that really knocked the kick out of the flavor. I've been vaping it all morning and it's been working great. I am going to try some from other suppliers, though.

-Rook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread