The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Is a .3v Drop off Acceptable for a Mosfet Box Mod?

Discussion in 'Modding Forum' started by MonkeyTokes, Feb 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MonkeyTokes

MonkeyTokes Unresolved Status ECF Veteran

May 12, 2014
    Collegeville, PA
    I just built a couple mosfet boxes for co-workers and friends, I've been testing them the last couple days to make sure nothings going to fail before I pass them off. I'm reading .3v and .7v less than the battery voltafe while not underload;
    I put a voltmeter led display on them and it reads .3v less on the neg and positive of the connector while underload and my multimeter reads .7v less on the positive and negative post of the atomizer with a .2ohm coil. Is this acceptable or am I losing too much voltage somewhere? I used 14 and 16g solid coper core wire with a 3034 MOSFET and 15k .25w resistor. They still work far better than any mech mod I have but I just want to make sure they are at their full potential. Thanks for the advice

2. Visus

Visus Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2013
    United States
  3. rhelton

rhelton Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2014
    spokane, wa
    I have a volt meter in the door of my dual parallel box that has a adjustment that I zero'd it against my hand held meter and battery voltage right now is 4.10. With a .34ohm load against it, it is reading 3.92 for a 0.18 voltage drop.

Im ok with that, its about where yours is I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.