Is a low wattage bad for my vape ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ObiGnous

Jan 10, 2021
Hello everyone, i bought a new vape 24H ago because my first one was terrible.
And when i use the recommended wattage for my resistance. The tast in my throat is pretty agressive.
Recommended : 40-60 Watts
Using : 26-30 Watts
So i wonder if using a too lower wattage can be bad for my resistance;vape itself.

Also i want to know if i use if i puff aproxymatly 0.5s is bad and i should make it more long.

Thanks (I don't know if its a duplicate, sorry if yes.)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi ObiGnous. Welcome to the ECF.

The "Recommended Wattage" is just that, a Recommendation. Using a Lower Wattage Isn't going to Hurt Anything.

Using Lower Wattages can make a Coil Last Longer. You will also probably use Less e-Liquid per Day. So there are some Benefits to using Less Wattage verses More Wattage.

ObiGnous

Jan 10, 2021
Hi ObiGnous. Welcome to the ECF.

The "Recommended Wattage" is just that, a Recommendation. Using a Lower Wattage Isn't going to Hurt Anything.

Using Lower Wattages can make a Coil Last Longer. You will also probably use Less e-Liquid per Day. So there are some Benefits to using Less Wattage verses More Wattage.
thank! And what about small puffs ? Is it bad for my e-cig ?

Reactions: Superuser187

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
thank! And what about small puffs ? Is it bad for my e-cig ?

I wasn't sure if that 1/2 Second was a mistake or not?

A 1/2 Second is pretty short. But even if that is how you Vape, that Shouldn't be a problem either.

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hello everyone, i bought a new vape 24H ago because my first one was terrible.
And when i use the recommended wattage for my resistance. The tast in my throat is pretty agressive.
Recommended : 40-60 Watts
Using : 26-30 Watts
So i wonder if using a too lower wattage can be bad for my resistance;vape itself.

Also i want to know if i use if i puff aproxymatly 0.5s is bad and i should make it more long.

Thanks (I don't know if its a duplicate, sorry if yes.)

Hi @ObiGnous and welcome to ECF :)

Gotta agree with what @zoiDman said in his posts above. I've always found that lower watts helps my coils last longer, the lower the better. And short puffs, even at 1/2 second, are IMO going to be even better for that because the coil doesn't heat up as much as with longer puffs.

If it's working for you, keep on vaping this way :thumb:

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
as stated it's just a recommendation...
personally I can not vape above 30w or it irritates me...
now some coils will not work at low watts, for instance with my profile using mesh strips I can't really go lower than 20w or it just won't fire.... I have found that 25w is tolerable with them (a bit warmer of a vape than I like though)
typically the lower the ohm of the coil the higher the watts need to be....so try a higher ohm coil and see if that helps.
I used to stick between 1.8 - 2.4 ohms
:lol: now i'm down to .13 - .18 but that's due to the mesh strips....

another issue that may be causing you irritation or as you said aggressive could be the juice itself...typically higher pg% in juice will give more of a throat hit, or if you are allergic to pg can cause irritation...I myself am slightly allergic, if I vape anything less than 80 - 85% vg then I'm not happy and coughing and crap...
I don't much care for throat hits anyway so I only vape (and mix) at high/max vg

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

The best way to vape, is exactly how YOU prefer it.

I used to do 1-1.5 second puffs for each MTL inhale. Somewhere along the line I started pulsing it instead, doing two 0.5 second puffs for each inhale. I've tried going back, but for now this is how I prefer to vape.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    As long as the lower wattage isn't causing the coil to flood or gurgle (which could lead to leaking which could lead to problems eventually) then there's not problem vaping at a lower wattage. If you start sensing/feeling/hearing gurgling when you draw, you'll wan to up the wattage little by little until it doesn't gurgle.

Keep in mind that if you try a different juice that's thinner and you vape it at the same wattage as you currently vape at, that new juice might cause gurgling with your coil at that same wattage, so you may have to increase the wattage simply because the juice is thinner.

Reactions: smacuser
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread