Is a SX Mini M Class still worth it vs todays TC mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Spivey

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2015
Knoxville, TN
Yes it seems uncommon but vapordna and a few others have them. No kits yet but they have just the mod.

BTW i noticed the "75watt 2.32" update and the "SX Pure 2.36" update. The 2.32 has a newer release date on Yihi's website. SXmini M Class-SXmini-Yihi Electronic Co.,ltd.

Is the older Software and driver (not firmware) going to be an issue with Win8.1 64bit? I can use a Win7 32bit also
For-SXmini-M-Class- SXi-Driver/Setup/software

Or should i one of the other software packages for updating?

Also do i extract the rar file first into a folder. I assuming that is the case since its a rar and not a zip.

Humm... I need to go there, look, download, and update. Sorry I can't be of help with your question. I have a newer laptop running Windows 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Still (and likely always) one of my favorite vapes. Smoothness as good as it gets.

ML class. I've liked all of them, but the ML is my personal favorite (the best finish of the bunch, IMO).

These things, like all things vape, are personal.

20170721_065604 (Medium).jpg

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
I went to yihiecigar instead of yihisxmini this time and noticed they use the same update software for all SX devices.
SXi-Q Driver/software-YiHi

This is also the same version software listed at yihisxmini under the SXI-Q section but there is a newer version of SXI-Q listed there too. I would imagine that sxmini doesn't bother with updating the M software link since the M Class is no longer offered but you can still purchase a SX350J board.
SXi-Q Driver/Setup/Software-SXmini-Yihi Electronic Co.,ltd.

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
I picked up an "M" at a local B&M for under $60. Insane sale. I couldn't believe my eyes. Wonderful mod!!! Not the greatest battery life as it does suffer from some fairly significant voltage sag. Other than that it is a fine mod. It's a tank. Great TC as well as VW. A little heavy, not a shirt pocket mod. Is limited to 22mm without hangover. Easy menu to navigate.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
I picked up an "M" at a local B&M for under $60. Insane sale. I couldn't believe my eyes. Wonderful mod!!! Not the greatest battery life as it does suffer from some fairly significant voltage sag. Other than that it is a fine mod. It's a tank. Great TC as well as VW. A little heavy, not a shirt pocket mod. Is limited to 22mm without hangover. Easy menu to navigate.

I missed out on a few sales like that. One for a SX Mini, one for a VaporFlask and another for a Hana. That is part of what pushed me to get this SX Mini. Im tired of missing out and i can pickup a Voopoo Newbie later when my B&M can get them in. I normally buy mods locally if the price is close enough.

The specs on the Newbie look excellent and i know the Gene chip looks great but reviews are very very limited atm. I would feel a heckuva lot better buying it locally in case i have an issue with it.

Have you tried the 2.32 or 2.36 firmware?...Ive read that one of them helped with the sag.

Last edited:

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I bought one about a year and half ago at a Nashville B&M for $59. I shared it here and EFC folks cleaned them out.

Great mod that will last almost forever. Not good battery life at high wattage though. I vape mostly at 40-60w and the single battery isn’t enough. I don’t use the SX M unless I use a Kayfun at 13w.

Mark Spivey

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2015
Knoxville, TN

Sag is inharently a single 18650 problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Almost wish i got the grey. I thought about it after i placed the order. Looks like evcigs is legit though. LOVE the build quality but the SXi-Q software would not work on this system. The older software works but SXi-Q just sits there detecting device even though the driver is installed. I will try it on my Win7 32bit box later.

Updated to the 75watt 2.32 firmware not problem
ypYzX1f.jpg

RvaDhZd.jpg

uerMmWo.jpg

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Almost wish i got the grey. I thought about it after i placed the order. Looks like evcigs is legit though. LOVE the build quality but the SXi-Q software would not work on this system. The older software works but SXi-Q just sits there detecting device even though the driver is installed. I will try it on my Win7 32bit box later.

Updated to the 75watt 2.32 firmware not problem
ypYzX1f.jpg

RvaDhZd.jpg

uerMmWo.jpg

Its beautiful !!!!!!

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Firmware 2.36 installed but it looks like it just added SX Pure as a selection under Joules mode. So now it lists Ni200, Ti01, Manual TCR and SX Pure. Ive been using it in Power mode since i got it at 25w on a .7ohm single coil. HG2 battery still isnt half drained.

Took my Ammit apart for a good cleaning and a fresh 316SS build for later today.

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Still (and likely always) one of my favorite vapes. Smoothness as good as it gets.

ML class. I've liked all of them, but the ML is my personal favorite (the best finish of the bunch, IMO).

These things, like all things vape, are personal.

View attachment 696559

That is beautiful, forgot about that version. I remember not really liking the looks of the ones after and hearing that they had "quirks"

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
That is beautiful, forgot about that version. I remember not really liking the looks of the ones after and hearing that they had "quirks"

Thanks, avid. Mine's been absolutely perfect since day one (quite a while back now). I had three "S" class, and it seems to vape and act the same. I'm a LOW tech vaper though, so maybe folks who do stuff with theirs feel differently.

I love it. Other than me being a total idiot, and testing the finish with a sharp tweezer. One small, scragly line on the left side. I keep it to remind me of how STUPID I am sometimes. :facepalm::lol:

It vapes like a dream, IMO, and VERY comfortable to hold. If you don't scratch it with a tweezer, the finish is EXCELLENT. One of the best out there, actually. Only the Xvo and ZenKotes are tougher, and they really can't count (because they're both so different).

Reactions: stols001

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Sofar no quirks in mine. Had to set the TCR to .00091. Had to turn off the tilt adjustment gyro just because i found it annoying. Left the auto screen flip on. I love that feature. Im getting about 20k joules out of a fully charged HG2 that is about a year old.

Vape in SS (TCR) mode 430-450F is smooth as silk at 22 joules.

Learning the interface took a few days. A bit more complicated than the old Wismec/eVic Mini interface. Im already used to it though.

I would buy a SXmini Q mini in a heartbeat if i had the funds. It has similar specs as a regular Q class but the auto flip was removed.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I would buy a SXmini Q mini in a heartbeat if i had the funds. It has similar specs as a regular Q class but the auto flip was removed.

I had a Q, and my personal preference is the ML. That's a VERY personal thing though. If you need 2 batteries, the Q is a GREAT mod. For me, it was overkill. The ML quality is better, overall and IMO. Slightly heavier than the Q, but feels SOLID. The Q doesn't at all (which makes sense, as it's designed that way).

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
I just need to order the upgraded battery cap from Varitube. They still have them for $19.99 and close to $2.50 shipping. So for around $100 total its more than i wanted to spend but i got what i wanted. I could have got a Epetite 60 or Esquare 60 for about the same price.

Now i just need to watch for the Voopoo Newbie reviews. I still need a more pocket friendly device so the M Class can stay safely at home. :D

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I just need to order the upgraded battery cap from Varitube. They still have them for $19.99 and close to $2.50 shipping. So for around $100 total its more than i wanted to spend but i got what i wanted. I could have got a Epetite 60 or Esquare 60 for about the same price.

Now i just need to watch for the Voopoo Newbie reviews. I still need a more pocket friendly device so the M Class can stay safely at home. :D

GET IT. Trust me - you will NOT regret it. Kat talked me into it, after we both poo-poo'd it, and she ended up just getting one for each of us.

BEST MOVE EVER. Worth every penny and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread