Is a SX Mini M Class still worth it vs todays TC mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I just need to order the upgraded battery cap from Varitube. They still have them for $19.99 and close to $2.50 shipping. So for around $100 total its more than i wanted to spend but i got what i wanted. I could have got a Epetite 60 or Esquare 60 for about the same price.

Now i just need to watch for the Voopoo Newbie reviews. I still need a more pocket friendly device so the M Class can stay safely at home. :D

JAC for the pocket times... :D

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Any US vendors for JAC?....Its kinda pricey with shipping to the US. I also kinda like the specs on the DNA60 and 75C better than the DNA75. Ive held the Epetite and it appears to be very nice.

Not at all. They should be around $70 door to door, if you use the correct link and discount code. Shipping was free the last I knew.

Hang a sec...

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Any US vendors for JAC?....Its kinda pricey with shipping to the US. I also kinda like the specs on the DNA60 and 75C better than the DNA75. Ive held the Epetite and it appears to be very nice.

If you decide you want one, which I certainly understand why you might not, this would be the link:
SERIES-B DNA 75W (Device Only) - (USA)

Code: JACCG20 (or just leave it in a cart for a few days). Either way gets 20% off.

The C is nice, but larger. I like the size too much, and I already have a color TV so... ;)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
$79.99 minus the 20% and about $15 shipping to me.

Not bad at all and i love the size. The only reason i like the 75C better is the volt limitation.

Are you in the US? If so, shipping is free.

If the volt limitation comes into play for you (it doesn't for me), I'd definitely beg off it. The 60 or 75C will be much better options - screw the size.

Reactions: stols001

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
My cart says just a little over $15 for shipping to Missouri USA. I did not go all the way through registration though.

If you go to the link I sent, the read the text, it will all make sense. Don't put anything else in the cart though, or you lose the free shipping. If the system hits you for VAT by mistake, one quick email will resolve it.

Their service is Provape level good. Should be about $70'ish all told. 60-something...

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I got the free shipping to show up. I didn't read all the shipping options last time.....BUT the discount code is no longer valid.

Still, for $80 delivered for a DNA75 mod that is probably a bit better quality than some of the others is a good deal.

If you just leave it there for a few days, first will come a 10% discount, then a 20%. Assuming they're still doing that, of course.

The quality is well above the price tag (as many others will attest). I have mine wrapped, because I figure the finish will get worn, but that was a personal decision (because it goes everywhere with me).

I'll tag you in the JAC thread, just in case you want or need it. Much input there.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Ive read a lot of that thread. Reviews are stellar to say the least.

The code comes back as NO LONGER VALID at the top of the screen when i enter it. A popup window actually appears. I will create an account with them so im notified about any discounts. ATM i really dont need to spend anymore on a higher end TC device but a small price drop could easily change my mind.

The Voopoo Newbie can be found for about $45 but i dont like the way they handle TCR values and i REALLY prefer SS. So if i want to try say....430SS or 317 im kinda SOL with a Gene chip.....At least with a DNA or Yihi i know what to use.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Ive read a lot of that thread. Reviews are stellar to say the least.

The code comes back as NO LONGER VALID at the top of the screen when i enter it. A popup window actually appears. I will create an account with them so im notified about any discounts. ATM i really dont need to spend anymore on a higher end TC device but a small price drop could easily change my mind.

The Voopoo Newbie can be found for about $45 but i dont like the way they handle TCR values and i REALLY prefer SS. So if i want to try say....430SS or 317 im kinda SOL with a Gene chip.....At least with a DNA or Yihi i know what to use.

It's $64 if they still give the discounts. Usually a 2-3 day wait will do it. If not, they stopped...

Similar, cheaper, but with a longer wait is:
Pre-Sale Authentic Teslacigs Warrior 85W TC VW APV Box Mod Kit - Silver

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Well, i have to say after nearly 2 weeks of 316SS TCR vaping the Mini im quite happy with it. The ability to manually adjust TCR and the resistance after locking it is a huge plus. Normally i take PBusados reviews as spot on but im not getting the PWM "rattle snake" he mentions. Im obviously not cranking the watts into it like he was either. The vape is very smooth and consistent.

While it is true the Mini uses PWM for TC its easily minimized to the point of not being noticeable simply by setting the watts (Joules) correctly. Other than the weight, i cant imagine another 75w VW/TCR mod i would rather own atm.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If you decide you want one, which I certainly understand why you might not, this would be the link:
SERIES-B DNA 75W (Device Only) - (USA)

The quality is well above the price tag (as many others will attest). I have mine wrapped, because I figure the finish will get worn, but that was a personal decision (because it goes everywhere with me).
I love my JAC so much that I bought one for my son for Xmas. I actually love it as much as my old Provari's.

The rubbery black finish on mine was showing some wear so it now wears a wrap from Vapor Skinz. I got the new sandstone finish for my son; it appears to have an annodized finish which should wear much better than the black.

The sandstone model also has a slight "lip" on top to accomodate a 25mm tank.

Sandstorm-Render-Screen-On.jpg

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I love my JAC so much that I bought one for my son for Xmas. I actually love it as much as my old Provari's.

The rubbery black finish on mine was showing some wear so it now wears a wrap from Vapor Skinz. I got the new sandstone finish for my son; it appears to have an annodized finish which should wear much better than the black.

The sandstone model also has a slight "lip" on top to accomodate a 25mm tank.

Sandstorm-Render-Screen-On.jpg

A few friends have now received their Sandstones too, and all appear to be quite pleased. They look fantastic to these eyes.

I agree with your assessment too, and the comparison to my still-much-loved Provaris. JAC Vapour appears to be a worthy successor, at least to date. Great company to deal with, in every aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread