Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Basically, No. though if you’re an alcoholic it might be best to be careful.
There was a trend of vaporized cocktails a while back. The danger of those wasn’t lung alcohol, it was that it made a person very drunk very fast for a very short period of time.

Pure 100% anhydrous alcohol is extremely dangerous stuff. If you drink it it will kill you. Outside of laboratories it basically doesn’t exist though. Even the highest proof illegal moonshine has a little water in it. To get that last bit of water out is an extremely difficult job. It needs a cascade distillation system followed by another cascade of absorption tanks filled with pellets of a special clay that absorbs water but not alcohol.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Why would you even want to inhale alcohol?
Not a clue. The fad was short lived.

I’ve tried using 140proof everclear as a base. Which is when I looked this stuff up. It works. The vape is extremely hot and unpleasant though. Also not very much vapor is produced. And it wasn’t enough to get me drunk. I’m a large man though.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi, is alcohol even to a small extent dangerous for our lungs? (of course 1% or lower)

Wouldn't you need to Quantify just how much Alcohol we are talking about, and then give some type of Ballpark definition of what Dangerous is before we can give you an Unsupported Guesstimation?

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Hi, is alcohol even to a small extent dangerous for our lungs? (of course 1% or lower)
    Some of the flavorings we use in DIY contain alcohol, right? Alcohol is even added to juice for more throat hit. I see several recipes that use vodka and PGA.

Black wings

ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2019
    Wlts UK
    Some of the flavorings we use in DIY contain alcohol, right? Alcohol is even added to juice for more throat hit. I see several recipes that use vodka and PGA.
    It's been used for a long time to thin down high vg liquids. Especially in the early days of vaping when more interesting high vg juices where used in smaller coil tanks. Never heard of any negative issues though.
    Nice avatar by the way. Probably my favourite dinosaur jr record.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Nice avatar by the way. Probably my favourite dinosaur jr record.
    Thanks Black. Only a couple of other folks here picked up on that. Pretty iconic image IMO.

But yeah, alcohol was more common back in the day. We were always told to leave the caps off of our new juice overnight to evaporate the alcohol so the juice would mellow out if we were in a hurry to start vaping it right away.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Thanks Black. Only a couple of other folks here picked up on that. Pretty iconic image IMO.

But yeah, alcohol was more common back in the day. We were always told to leave the caps off of our new juice overnight to evaporate the alcohol so the juice would mellow out if we were in a hurry to start vaping it right away.
    *doesnt even know what dinosaur jr is*
    upload_2019-3-4_16-15-48.jpg

Black wings

ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2019
    Wlts UK
    The horror is similar to when I heard j was touring an acoustic set and I hadn't seen dinosaur Jr since the late 90's (having kids is like being abducted by aliens. You lose vast amounts of time with no idea what happened). Of I went expecting post, freak scene, the wagon ect.
    What I got was 90 minutes of amerring or something.
    Again. Oh the horror.

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2017
    Nevada
    The OP has not clarified what he is actually talking about. Once in a blue moon, I browse another vape forum, just to see what's happening where folks aren't so civil...ahem...and a while back there was a guy posting there that he wanted to vape booze. He wanted to fill his tank with vodka or whatever and wanted to know what people thought. So...I'd be curious what the OP is thinking about doing.

• Informative
    Reactions: bombastinator
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread