Is Alien Visions Closing Or Something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
This is just part of my stash, I have more than double that in my deep freeze.
thumbnail_IMG_7762.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_7763.jpg

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    They were having trademark issues, in court for years, maybe they lost the right to their name.
    That's another example, and they didn't seem to care. I think those other guys were calling themselves Alien Vision (without the S). From what I read from those who were tricked, their juice was rancid.

Up In Vapor

ECF Veteran
    Oct 1, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    This is just part of my stash, I have more than double that in my deep freeze.
    View attachment 941379 View attachment 941381
    I hate you ;) I'm down to 2 120ML bottles for each of my 4 favorite Alien Visions juices! I've known Ben since I first came on here in 2009 when he went by the nickname of Porphy. I recall the early days of video chats and learning from all the OG vape folks. I remember when he first started his own E-Liquid business and I've been a regular customer ever since. I've had nothing but great business with his company over all of those years and his tobacco blends are ALL I VAPE! Flue Cured, 555, Blend 4 and Gamel are all in my rotation because I could never decide on any particular favorite. I know this ridiculous new vape mail ban has put a lot of shops through hell or closed them down. I also know that there is a process that they need to go through for official certification. I can only hope that that's the only hang-up and they will be back soon. I've tried emailing several times, but no reply has been received. This is a crushing blow for many of us who've been customers for years. I used to also buy from nHaler (RIP Drew), but eventually AVE became my sole source of e-juice. I've been off cigs for about 12 years now and only vape the 3MG juice. I'd go to zero but that's not possible with tobacco flavors and I've tried and gotten over all the sweet dessert stuff years ago. Sorry for the LONG rant, but I am getting a bit panicky after seeing the same website notice for months now :shock: Alien Visions...please don't give up the fight...YOU ROCK!!!

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Are you saying AVE takes their site down a lot?

Even though they made some of the best tobaccos for a long time, they'd occasionally close their site or change recipes without notice. Most folks would give them a pass because when they were good, they were excellent.

Is that good or bad?
    Depends on if you like munching on the end of a Marlboro. I did it on a dare once, wasn't great. My year old bottle of BN Virginia is about 2/3 gone only because I felt committed to it after shelling out whatever it was to get it. I mostly use it to top off whatever tobacco I'm about to run out of. It's a coil gunker, for sure. But, so is/was AVE.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    For several weeks leading up to the ban I sent emails and called and left voice messages to find out what their situation was and if they were still in business, but they never responded to anything. So I made a ~$900 order just to see what would happen. Order went through and I received it a few days later. Surprisingly, they made a few mistakes on the order (and I forgot to use my $100 Rewards points) so I made another small order (to get my $100 Rewards) plus I explained their mistakes in the Order Comments. They made it right and shipped it the next day, but no correspondences from them what-so-ever.

The worst part about this story is a couple of days later (April 22) they announced their 35% off Spring 2021 Sale!!!

Not a very nice way to treat a customer who has purchased over TWENTY-FIVE LITERS of e-juice over the 8 years I've been doing business with them!

Last edited:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie
    10 years or so ago, I really got hooked on Backwoods Brew ..

Backwoods Casablanca Blend

Backwoods Honey Flue Nut Tobacco

Don't know if they are still around as I ended up vaping non-flavored nic or a light menthol that I make, but if memory serves, they were quite the spot back in the day .. sold out consistently ..

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 11, 2011
    Vape Canaveral, FL
    I hate you ;) I'm down to 2 120ML bottles for each of my 4 favorite Alien Visions juices! I've known Ben since I first came on here in 2009 when he went by the nickname of Porphy. I recall the early days of video chats and learning from all the OG vape folks. I remember when he first started his own E-Liquid business and I've been a regular customer ever since. I've had nothing but great business with his company over all of those years and his tobacco blends are ALL I VAPE! Flue Cured, 555, Blend 4 and Gamel are all in my rotation because I could never decide on any particular favorite. I know this ridiculous new vape mail ban has put a lot of shops through hell or closed them down. I also know that there is a process that they need to go through for official certification. I can only hope that that's the only hang-up and they will be back soon. I've tried emailing several times, but no reply has been received. This is a crushing blow for many of us who've been customers for years. I used to also buy from nHaler (RIP Drew), but eventually AVE became my sole source of e-juice. I've been off cigs for about 12 years now and only vape the 3MG juice. I'd go to zero but that's not possible with tobacco flavors and I've tried and gotten over all the sweet dessert stuff years ago. Sorry for the LONG rant, but I am getting a bit panicky after seeing the same website notice for months now :shock: Alien Visions...please don't give up the fight...YOU ROCK!!!

Same here, starting in 2011. I've been buying Boba, Gorilla and Flue by the liter for 10 years. I can't seem to find a replacement ADV.

I've spoken to Ben and Christy on the phone before, shooting the ..... I sincerely hope they will be back. An update of any kind would be nice

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Diy is a good way to produce juice in your home. You save money and get to tailor the mix to your own liking. There are ecig juice mix forums all over the internet.

After mixing up every juice recipe I thought that I would like, I ended up vaping mostly unflavored juice. You can always add a few drops of flavor in an unflavored mix. It's a great (and cheap) way to find your favorite mix. Mix recipes can be found all over the internet juice mix forums.

I keep a bottle of PG and a bottle of VG around all the time to mix up unflavored and flavored juice. The most economical method is to mix tiny samples of mixes using the drop count method. Mix up a recipe that fills a tank and try it. If you don't like it there's no big loss if you dump it and try again.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    They've been pretty solid the last couple of years, but this kind of crap used to be the norm for them. I wish I would've kept records of my purchases because they never transferred customer transactions from one version of their site to the next, and it seemed like they were down more often than they were up. Weird business model to say the least...but they sure make good juice!
    Typical. I predict they'll be back.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    10 years or so ago, I really got hooked on Backwoods Brew ..

Backwoods Casablanca Blend

Backwoods Honey Flue Nut Tobacco

Don't know if they are still around as I ended up vaping non-flavored nic or a light menthol that I make, but if memory serves, they were quite the spot back in the day .. sold out consistently ..

When I started vaping those two flavors were incredible... I can remember buying Casablanca and having to let it steep for 4 weeks before it was bliss. I had just got my system for ordering it down pat when they suddenly closed shop. They also had an RY-4 that was incredible but I can't remember the name of it. You had to be on the laptop when they released it because it would sell out within the hour. Those were some good times.

Tobaccovapelover

Aug 30, 2021
    Yep, she even started selling candles. Casablanca was never the same..
    I ordered 5 samplers from Backwood Blends 0n Aug. 31. They still haven't shown up. I tried calling,..no answer, no answering machine. I emailed them twice. "Mailbox full",..my message is still sitting in the outgoing box, undeliverable. I don't know what's going on with them. But they didn't seem to have a problem processing my payment. Big deal, it was only $20, but still...
    I'll give them about 5 more days then talk to my bank about a reimbursement.
    Maybe they're going through the same thing AVE is, shipping restraint issues, but their site is up and running and taking online orders.
    Just a heads up for anyone thinking about ordering from them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread