• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Is anyone else ready for the END of Summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
OK, I have to say it, I hate hot weather. Summer is my absolute least favorite season. I can't believe anyone can say with honesty that they enjoy sweltering heat. I lived in Vegas for three years. Some people there say they don't feel right until it's over 100°. Of course, those people quickly move from their air conditioned houses to their air conditioned cars (with oven mitts to hold the steering wheel), to their air conditioned jobs or whatever, and never spend any more time in it than they have to. But, they love it. BS.

I'm normally looking forward to Fall by the end of March. I live in the south.

How about you? Do you like Summer?

Redd

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
Central WI
I can see your point living in Florida. Up here in frozen tundra country, summers are (under normal conditions) fairly mild. Winters are what are harsh.

I'd be happy with spring and autumn all year round. Skip the dog days of summer and the dead of winter, and I'd be fine. Temperature spread no day ever higher than 82 and no temps lower than 32.

Redd

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
Central WI
It's been "beyuuuuutifulll" weather the last 2 days. I could take this all year around. Except for the Holiday season ...I'll take 12 days of the light and pretty snow, and then back to nights of 50 degrees and days at 75.

Well...Gotta have some of those cooler 35-40 degree days to get the wonderful fall leaves....but that is IT. Thats when pretty sweater season is.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I'll take 12 days of the light and pretty snow, and then back to nights of 50 degrees and days at 75.
Well, I wouldn't be moaning about summer heat if we had lows in the 50s and highs in the mid 70s (lucky you!). Here, it's more like lows around 80 and highs in the mid 90s (and very muggy). It's like that 3/4ths of the year. We won't get into the nice weather you're having until after Halloween.

I've spent some time along the Pacific Northwest coast. It's my ideal in many ways. I was there once in August and it seemed like a dream. I actually got a slight sunburn strolling the shoreline at 65°. Back home in Florida, I couldn't tolerate it long enough to get burned.

I know, I'm living in the wrong part of the country. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread